C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

and then some...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Thx man!!

Exhaust are single (just the tips are split)...

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this!!! I wonder if c450 exhaust system fits c400
Old 10-08-2015, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by True101
what a gorgeous car, congrats, love the interior, looks unique.
Thx man!!
Old 10-08-2015, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by darwin329
Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this!!! I wonder if c450 exhaust system fits c400
I don't think I would even want to hazard a guess on that one... with a chassis, suspension, and steering lifted from the C63, it would be a complete guess as to whether or not it would mount properly.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 C200 AMG line, '08 C300 Sport Avantgarde, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 (gone)
Congratulations! Those seats do look gorgeous!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by whkento
Congratulations! Those seats do look gorgeous!
Thx you!!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:19 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
VS love your 450...puts mine to shame! Also wish I have a nice big boy camera to take pics with but only big boy camera is my gopro hero 4 lol or my phone. But in any case, your ride rocks!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
VS love your 450...puts mine to shame! Also wish I have a nice big boy camera to take pics with but only big boy camera is my gopro hero 4 lol or my phone. But in any case, your ride rocks!
Thx brother!!

(I certainly would not say to shame, yours looks great and they both have that crazy fast DNA gene... man, I just love driving this car... I haven't got in a car just to take a ride, in years... and now I find myself doing it everyday and sometimes twice a day... it's nutz )
Old 10-09-2015, 06:17 PM

2019 E63S
Thx brother!!

(I certainly would not say to shame, yours looks great and they both have that crazy fast DNA gene... man, I just love driving this car... I haven't got in a car just to take a ride, in years... and now I find myself doing it everyday and sometimes twice a day... it's nutz )
I hear you..I've been finding any reason to go out for a spin lately, the wife and I have never been to the mall and target so many times in a week ever before! 90% of the time, we come back empty handed! maybe just grab starbucks or some auntie anne's at the mall and drive another 30-40min back home...taking turns driving on the way there and back lol
Old 10-09-2015, 06:18 PM

2019 E63S
Also, I'm glad she prefers S+ as well...I knew she was a keeper when I met her!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Also, I'm glad she prefers S+ as well...I knew she was a keeper when I met her!
You're not going to be saying that when the trips to the store involve just her

...unless of course, she lets you get another one
Old 10-10-2015, 08:05 AM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
BMW M4 Conv
Viper, great car. Congrats!

I test drove a 450 yesterday and was very impressed. I'm going back today for a longer drive. One question for you - does the speed limit display show up in the HUD?
Old 10-10-2015, 11:01 AM

2019 E63S
You're not going to be saying that when the trips to the store involve just her

...unless of course, she lets you get another one
I told her the next one would be the next gen C63..or if our business doubles by then, the S-class coupe...but it's okay, she promised to pay for the next one. haha
Old 10-11-2015, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by hinckley
Viper, great car. Congrats!
Thx Man!

Originally Posted by hinckley
I test drove a 450 yesterday and was very impressed. I'm going back today for a longer drive. One question for you - does the speed limit display show up in the HUD?
Sorry I missed answering your question before your test drive. The speed limit definitely shows up in the HUD and it doesn't seem dependent on the 320 Multimedia Package being present, but it does seem to be dependent on the availability of the speed limit information in the navigation that you are using. One of the Mercedes' master mechanics told me that European versions of the HUD display, use cameras to capture the speed limit information; however, US regulation (yet again) prohibit the use of cameras I'm still trying to confirm that.

Here is what the HUD setup looks like with the speed limit configuration:

Hopefully, things went well with your test drive and you had some time to test this out...
Old 10-11-2015, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
I told her the next one would be the next gen C63..or if our business doubles by then, the S-class coupe...but it's okay, she promised to pay for the next one. haha
Nice! I opt for the S-Class Coupe and her paying!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F10, F15
Thx Man!
... but it does seem to be dependent on the availability of the speed limit information in the navigation that you are using. One of the Mercedes' master mechanics told me that European versions of the HUD display, use cameras to capture the speed limit information; however, US regulation (yet again) prohibit the use of cameras I'm still trying to confirm that.
My take, based on a test drive, is the same that you observed - the speed limit is based on the stored navigation information. Consequently, it does not appear on many streets even though the street is on the navi map. The mechanic is wrong about camera regulations. My 2015 BMW uses cameras for the speed limit information which changes in less than half a second after passing a sign. Even temporary construction zone signs are properly read if they are the standard speed limit signs.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
I swapped out the run flats for Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Ultra High Performance All-Seasons, and got the paint/carpet/leather protection yesterday...

Here are some pics that I took (probably some shots that you haven't seen to this point, anywhere):

After the trip to the dealership, I drove three hours (home and then to a bed-n-breakfast). Here are a couple shots from there:

Old 10-11-2015, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C450, Volvo V60 cc
Great photos. I think you will like the switch to Conti DWS. I had the previous version and they offer better performance and ride then the runflats. I will use the same tire when my car comes in (I switched to the 5 spoke 19"). I also like the Michelin Pilot Sport AS. If I kept the 18s, I would have gone with the Pilots Sports, but think the Contis will be better with 19s. Thanks for post and enjoy your ride home.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by radarguy
My take, based on a test drive, is the same that you observed - the speed limit is based on the stored navigation information. Consequently, it does not appear on many streets even though the street is on the navi map. The mechanic is wrong about camera regulations. My 2015 BMW uses cameras for the speed limit information which changes in less than half a second after passing a sign. Even temporary construction zone signs are properly read if they are the standard speed limit signs.
Just for the fact the Mercedes' uses the camera method in other countries, has to make you wonder why they don't in the US... regulation would be the most logical reason. It was most likely a bulletin that covered this, I'll see if I can track down some additional info on this.

I would have to say that the HUD is quickly becoming one of my favorite options.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by macct
Great photos. I think you will like the switch to Conti DWS. I had the previous version and they offer better performance and ride then the runflats. I will use the same tire when my car comes in (I switched to the 5 spoke 19"). I also like the Michelin Pilot Sport AS. If I kept the 18s, I would have gone with the Pilots Sports, but think the Contis will be better with 19s.
Thx man!

After switching from the runflats to the Continentals, I drove home (45 minutes) and then to the bed-n-breakfast (2 hours), and the ride was like night and day, I could really feel the difference... I am really happy with the purchase.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Another group of great pics! What's your backup plan for flat tires now that you've changed the RFT's out? And you mentioned you got paint/leather protection. Tell us about that.

Thanks Viper!
Old 10-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C450, Volvo V60 cc
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Another group of great pics! What's your backup plan for flat tires now that you've changed the RFT's out? And you mentioned you got paint/leather protection. Tell us about that.

Thanks Viper!
Not Viper, but I am ordering a spare tire. The parts department manager at my dealer indicates there are 2 spare tire models that will fit the car. I am opting for the compact spare. I am not sure of price at this point, but likely in the $300 range. The other option is an inflatatible spare which is considerably more. For me, it's worth it. Runflats don't offer the same performance or ride.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by macct
Not Viper, but I am ordering a spare tire. The parts department manager at my dealer indicates there are 2 spare tire models that will fit the car. I am opting for the compact spare. I am not sure of price at this point, but likely in the $300 range. The other option is an inflatatible spare which is considerably more. For me, it's worth it. Runflats don't offer the same performance or ride.
I'm getting the C330 Sport. I'm not into speed, so I'm not likely going to replace the Pirelli RFT's that came with my car. I figure if I could handle them on a BMW 335i for almost 4 years without any issues, I can manage them just fine on my C Class.

But thanks for responding. I just don't want to have to carry a spare in a trunk that wasn't built to hold one.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63

Thanks Viper!
Thanks brother!

I am going to give this 12v air compressor (SLIME SLM 40026 2X TIRE INFLATOR) a go:

I'm still trying to decide on the fix-a-flat sealant. Notice the Weathertech cargo mat (picture is too dark, but the label is to the right of the compressor)... I wanted grey, but all I could get was black.

The compressor fits nice under the cargo mat where that fold-able box thing is.

For the paint/carpet/leather protection, I'll write up some initial thoughts on that and then maybe a periodic update regarding how well (or not so well) it is doing. The tech gave me a box (customer care kit) with car wash and cleaner that I need to figure out. Also there is a corresponding leather care kit that I still need to get.

Hey, so I see the "Built But Sitting in Germany Waiting To Ride Across the Ocean: 2016 GLA 4Matic Sport" ... what did they say? (or is that what they said? )
Old 10-11-2015, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks brother!

I am going to give this 12v air compressor (SLIME SLM 40026 2X TIRE INFLATOR) a go:

I'm still trying to decide on the fix-a-flat sealant. Notice the Weathertech cargo mat (picture is too dark, but the label is to the right of the compressor)... I wanted grey, but all I could get was black.

The compressor fits nice under the cargo mat where that fold-able box thing is.

For the paint/carpet/leather protection, I'll write up some initial thoughts on that and then maybe a periodic update regarding how well (or not so well) it is doing. The tech gave me a box (customer care kit) with car wash and cleaner that I need to figure out. Also there is a corresponding leather care kit that I still need to get.

Hey, so I see the "Built But Sitting in Germany Waiting To Ride Across the Ocean: 2016 GLA 4Matic Sport" ... what did they say? (or is that what they said? )
Best emoticon ever:

That's all they said. Well not quite. They kept trying to tell me my car was built in Alabama. They even went so far as to say, they saw GLA's being built on the assembly like in Tuscaloosa. I had to go to the dealer and show them the sticker on inside of a GLA door which clearly shows they're manufactured in Germany. So the GLA's either in Germany, or on a ship heading to the US, but I nor they seem to have any clue where it is. It's just built and sitting somewhere.

To be honest, I'm just so friggin frustrated, that after telling my salesguy, I was Pi$$ed, I just told him to maybe call me when they're ready to sell both cars. In the meantime, my C just sits on the roof of the dealership. And I'm just going to wait. They need to come to me instead of me going to them. It makes me look desperate and that's not a good negotiating stance. Not it's not!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Best emoticon ever:

That's all they said. Well not quite. They kept trying to tell me my car was built in Alabama. They even went so far as to say, they saw GLA's being built on the assembly like in Tuscaloosa. I had to go to the dealer and show them the sticker on inside of a GLA door which clearly shows they're manufactured in Germany. So the GLA's either in Germany, or on a ship heading to the US, but I nor they seem to have any clue where it is. It's just built and sitting somewhere.

To be honest, I'm just so friggin frustrated, that after telling my salesguy, I was Pi$$ed, I just told him to maybe call me when they're ready to sell both cars. In the meantime, my C just sits on the roof of the dealership. And I'm just going to wait. They need to come to me instead of me going to them. It makes me look desperate and that's not a good negotiating stance. Not it's not!
Unreal... Buying two cars through these guys should give you pretty nice leverage (but walking away from two cars has the potential of being somewhat painful (in more ways than one). It sounds like it is going to come down to who blinks first. I'm not sure what I would do in this case...especially after seeing the C-Class.

PM me the PO number, lets figure out where your ride is and what route it took to get there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: and then some...