C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
i only floor it when i need to accelerate so the sprintboosterizer is of no use to me
Q: Do you ever accelerate without flooring it, because the SB really helps in those instances??
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Q: Do you ever accelerate without flooring it, because the SB really helps in those instances??
Never.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
Never.
Then save your money for a new IC, tires, Trans and whatever else you'll need...

The SB is irrelevant to you................

Oh, and that Shell Oil bill must be killing you??
Old 04-09-2013, 02:02 AM

2010 c300 4matic , 2005 c230 kompressor (totaled) , 97' honda civic, 2018 c63s coupe
Any deals for the sb?
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
Mine would have worked on your 230k, but I sold it a couple months ago. Turns any midcorner throttle into russian roulette for the 55
Old 04-09-2013, 11:59 AM

2010 c300 4matic , 2005 c230 kompressor (totaled) , 97' honda civic, 2018 c63s coupe
Originally Posted by ghiaguy
Mine would have worked on your 230k, but I sold it a couple months ago. Turns any midcorner throttle into russian roulette for the 55
I totalled the c230 last Monday, but I think I'm picking up a 10' c300.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM

Porsche 2004 911
Originally Posted by slowc
I totalled the c230 last Monday, but I think I'm picking up a 10' c300.
Bummer on the c230, but the c300 willl be a gem.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
This might be a stupid question, but does adding this mod to a vehicle impact gas consumption correct?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 AM

Porsche 2004 911
Not stupid, and yea I highly doubt it would improve it.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
Anyone got any links to deals on the sprintbooster?
Who's the best / most legit supplier?

It's my birthday in 10 days and I would like to treat myself to one of these gadgets.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C55 AMG, 300D-T & Karmann Ghia
bought mine on ebay. seller no-limit-tuning out of Germany. I would recommend them, and the price is right
Old 04-13-2013, 01:56 PM

C55 AMG
I think people are getting far to excited about these things, I'm not trying to knock anyone that has one but it simply modifies your throttle pedal travel to throttle butterfly travel percentage nothing more,
factory - 10% throttle pedal movement = 10% throttle butterfly movement.
Sprint boost - 10% throttle pedal movement = 20% throttle butterfly movement.
No extra hp
No extra speed
No extra boost (if your sc'ed)
Like i said im knocking anyone who has one but i hear so much chatter about these and having had one i actually found it annoying, over uneven surfaces the small movements in your body are transferred into throttle input.

And as i read earlier in the post and thoroughly agree with high speed mid throttle corners become a lottery and feathering is nigh on impossible.

Just my tuppence worth but its ultimately up to you if you like that razor sharp response you'll love it.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by macbryanie
Not stupid, and yea I highly doubt it would improve it.
Prolly make it worse, the throttle becomes "very sensitive."
Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by amgforlife
I think people are getting far to excited about these things, I'm not trying to knock anyone that has one but it simply modifies your throttle pedal travel to throttle butterfly travel percentage nothing more,
factory - 10% throttle pedal movement = 10% throttle butterfly movement.
Sprint boost - 10% throttle pedal movement = 20% throttle butterfly movement.
No extra hp
No extra speed
No extra boost (if your sc'ed)
Like i said im knocking anyone who has one but i hear so much chatter about these and having had one i actually found it annoying, over uneven surfaces the small movements in your body are transferred into throttle input.

And as i read earlier in the post and thoroughly agree with high speed mid throttle corners become a lottery and feathering is nigh on impossible.

Just my tuppence worth but its ultimately up to you if you like that razor sharp response you'll love it.
X2, I see no advantage to it and it makes for an overly sensitive throttle.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
X2, I see no advantage to it and it makes for an overly sensitive throttle.
It's just another preference to adjust. Some people, myself included think the factory throttle feel is too timid given the capability of the motor and the SB gives it the "proper" sensitivity - more like an M3 throttle
Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
I know it doesn't make car my any faster, but I personally love the pedal feel over stock. I feel like when I'm on the freeway, I can press the throttle, pass easily without having to press down further and kicking down a gear.

Not sure if this is actually how it works, but that's how it feels to me.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
I know it doesn't make car my any faster, but I personally love the pedal feel over stock. I feel like when I'm on the freeway, I can press the throttle, pass easily without having to press down further and kicking down a gear.

Not sure if this is actually how it works, but that's how it feels to me.
So you not only feel the SB when accelerating but also when you're driving lets say 60mph?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by hgendez
So you not only feel the SB when accelerating but also when you're driving lets say 60mph?
It's just really responsive, I tap on the throttle and pass very easily, no drama. Whereas with OEM, I feel like to press down the throttle more, it kicks down a gear and I don't like all the noise and jerk of changing gears.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
so some folks reported that it is still learning even with SB. I for one will not be doing resets even once a month, will this eventually turn in to stock response?
Anyone with long term use can comment?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 AM

C300
I wasn't very clear on my initial question. It seems that there is a consensus that it improves acceleration from a stop and go; but less effective on taking a corner and then accelarating. How about if you're driving on the freeway at 60mph and want to pass a vehicle. do you still get yhr benefits of thr SB?
Old 10-10-2015, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
It's just really responsive, I tap on the throttle and pass very easily, no drama. Whereas with OEM, I feel like to press down the throttle more, it kicks down a gear and I don't like all the noise and jerk of changing gears.
Gramma - way old thread here, but was up late thinking of a next mod for the c32 and kept running into this Sprintbooster.

I get what it does and doesnt do. my question is, does driving the c32 in manual mode and manually shifting sort of simulate what the sprintbooster does when driving in automatic mode with the feeling of more power with less pedal pushing when you're not at WOT?

was going to get one, but seems only beneficial if you drive in AUTOMATICE mode but since i drive in manual mode (when i'm looking to have some fun with the car) i have more control over the availability of power and responsiveness with the pedal/throttle since in manual and not waiting for the auto/kickdown lag that everyone talks about.

just curious if any feedback.

on a separate note - the chicago weather is in the 50's now and the C32 clearly loves this colder dense air and runs awesome with this free mothernature given mod of cold air!!!!
Old 10-11-2015, 02:07 PM

none... for now
Originally Posted by jvakos
I get what it does and doesnt do. my question is, does driving the c32 in manual mode and manually shifting sort of simulate what the sprintbooster does when driving in automatic mode with the feeling of more power with less pedal pushing when you're not at WOT?

was going to get one, but seems only beneficial if you drive in AUTOMATICE mode but since i drive in manual mode (when i'm looking to have some fun with the car) i have more control over the availability of power and responsiveness with the pedal/throttle since in manual and not waiting for the auto/kickdown lag that everyone talks about.
I don't think you do and anyone can correct me if I'm in fact wrong.
In manual mode, you have almost direct control over the GEAR, and thus indirectly, the rate of rpm's(assuming you have updated TCU software that will hold the gear and won't upshift unless you command it to). The car makes identical power and throttle response regardless of trans mode. In Snow/Comfort/whatever mode, it simply upshifts sooner(accelerating a tad slower as a result) and it doesn't bang off shifts as quickly.

The SprintBooster as I understand it, simply changes the go-pedal input to throttle(and thus RPM's) ratio. So as already stated, if at 30% pedal, it's not 30% throttle. Nothing to do with the trans setting. Snow/comfort mode will still attempt to upshift early as long as you don't reach X amount of throttle, sport/regular mode will still run the rpm's out longer, and manual mode will still hold the gear you are in.

I've never driven one with, and only 1 one C55 so far at all. To me it sounds like a mediocre idea at best. Instead of having 100% range of throttle inputs, you now have less. Less control = bad. Besides, your foot is already on the gas, it's not tenth's of a second you're saving, it's hundredth's. Now, for a well tire'd car, say a drag racer on NT05R or ET streets(no Nitto 555 junk) that near instant wide open throttle sounds like a great idea. But in any other case, if I want 10, 20, 40, or 80% throttle of a car, that's what I want, and it sounds like the sprintbooster takes that flexibility away. That's never good. If you can't be bothered to push your foot 3/4 of the way down, please, get off the road...

Now, if it quickly ramped up past a point that might be really good, AKA
10% pedal = 10% throttle
20 = 20
30 = 30
40 =45
50=60
60 = 75
70 = 90
75 = 100
On the street on street tires like 98% of C32/55 are, going around a smooth/rough/wet leaf covered corner, you might need 10, 20, 30, or 60% throttle and to take that away seems foolish. On a ZOMG heavy and ZOMG torquey 55k car, it sounds damn idiotic. You'd have to train yourself to have literal hairtrigger control and a slight bump in the road will mess you up. The throttle response to the signal it recieves as well as the speed it revs up haven't changed. Period. By and large that would require lightening the reciprocating mass(crank, rods, pistons, flywheel) of the engine.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Originally Posted by ///AchMeinGott
I don't think you do and anyone can correct me if I'm in fact wrong.
In manual mode, you have almost direct control over the GEAR, and thus indirectly, the rate of rpm's(assuming you have updated TCU software that will hold the gear and won't upshift unless you command it to). The car makes identical power and throttle response regardless of trans mode. In Snow/Comfort/whatever mode, it simply upshifts sooner(accelerating a tad slower as a result) and it doesn't bang off shifts as quickly.

The SprintBooster as I understand it, simply changes the go-pedal input to throttle(and thus RPM's) ratio. So as already stated, if at 30% pedal, it's not 30% throttle. Nothing to do with the trans setting. Snow/comfort mode will still attempt to upshift early as long as you don't reach X amount of throttle, sport/regular mode will still run the rpm's out longer, and manual mode will still hold the gear you are in.

I've never driven one with, and only 1 one C55 so far at all. To me it sounds like a mediocre idea at best. Instead of having 100% range of throttle inputs, you now have less. Less control = bad. Besides, your foot is already on the gas, it's not tenth's of a second you're saving, it's hundredth's. Now, for a well tire'd car, say a drag racer on NT05R or ET streets(no Nitto 555 junk) that near instant wide open throttle sounds like a great idea. But in any other case, if I want 10, 20, 40, or 80% throttle of a car, that's what I want, and it sounds like the sprintbooster takes that flexibility away. That's never good. If you can't be bothered to push your foot 3/4 of the way down, please, get off the road...

Now, if it quickly ramped up past a point that might be really good, AKA
10% pedal = 10% throttle
20 = 20
30 = 30
40 =45
50=60
60 = 75
70 = 90
75 = 100
On the street on street tires like 98% of C32/55 are, going around a smooth/rough/wet leaf covered corner, you might need 10, 20, 30, or 60% throttle and to take that away seems foolish. On a ZOMG heavy and ZOMG torquey 55k car, it sounds damn idiotic. You'd have to train yourself to have literal hairtrigger control and a slight bump in the road will mess you up. The throttle response to the signal it recieves as well as the speed it revs up haven't changed. Period. By and large that would require lightening the reciprocating mass(crank, rods, pistons, flywheel) of the engine.
AchMeinGott - thanks for the perspective, and i think now i get what a Sprintbooster does regarding the enhanced throttle vs driving in manual mode which is control over the gears, and both very different.

with that said I am still curious to drive a c32 that has a Sprintbooster to test how different the feel is, especially when driving around 25-35 mph and you hit that lag from how the car shifts to 4th or 5th gear and then you basically have to floor it then to to get the full power to unleash. But thats how the car was engineered and for good reason, you are able to floor it when you need the extreme acceleration in situations and the car is tame enough for casual stop and go conditions without jerking all over the place due to a touchy pedal/throttle. still an interesting "gadget", although i think its more interesting to a c32 owner who has no mods and will notice it more compared to a c32 which has multiple mods (pullied, headers, tune, intake etc) and wants bottom line HP/TQE improvement if spending money on mods.

cheers, j
Old 01-09-2018, 04:44 AM

2005 Cls500
Old thread but i bought one for my cls500

Bought one for my 05 CLS500. V3 Well what can i say. As mentioned on previous posts no extra power but its great for eliminating the lag. In green mode i set it on 7 for day to day unless its raining i would drop it to 4 or 5. Taking off at a set of lights its great. Red mode on number 9 car wants to break traction. Trac light flickers away constantly on take off and around corners in the dry can be challenging. Wouldn't advise this setting in the wet unless your adventurous lol. Would be great if it could put the car in dyno mode on this setting by disabling all the governors built in. Would be lots of fun..
Am i happy with the purchase? Yes i am. It took all up 7 days to arrive from Greece to Melbourne Australia. Very quick and the seller was very responsive throughout the purchase.
If you dont have one i would recommend it. Probably not everyones cup of tea but when your hauling such a heavy vehicle day to day its nice to have the throttle response when you really need it.
Installation was a breeze. One 10 mm nut to remove the pedal near the kick down switch under a cap and the pedal assembly lifts out then un plug existing cable install the sprint boost cable and vehicles cable into the sprint booster. Re assemble in reverse. Dont forget to plug in the control swich in the sprint booster. Its all plug and play...
Looking forward to the next drive
Regards