C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by steve_bris
Have you got anywhere with the on/off switch for the sprintbooster Bif powell ?
Unfortunately not yet, but it's high on my list - currently though I'm working around the radiator, transmission, and a few other critical things before I do that. Also bought an Audi and it seems like I've been in the garage ever since I will definitely post my progress and more likely look for some advice here though!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Piece of SH*T
SLKFANS can you please clear your PM box as I have a few questions to ask you about the booster, thanks!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32
Broken Sprintbooster

Just wanted to see if anyone's Sprintbooster has malfunctioned/broke. I was driving out of the parking garage the other day, and when i went to push the gas...nothing happened, actually the car revved up to about 2000rpm, but that's about it. I turned off my car, and turned it back on and everything seemed to work ok. No check engine lights...yet. I got back home alright , but driving out of my neighborhood the same thing happened. I had just recieved my new aluminum pedals, so i decided it would be a good time to put them on, and i could also check the wire to the accelerator where the sprintbooster connects. When i took out the accelerator the 2 plastic mountings that holds the sprintbooster together was open forming a V shape, with the inside exposed. I could see the cricuit board with the 5 little needles (or whatever they're called),and one of the needles had been disattched from the circuit board, i assume the cause of the throttle malfunction. I tried putting it back together, and reinstalling it, however the same thing happened, and this time it threw me a "check engine" light. I finally gave up after a couple tries, and am currently driving without a sprintbooster

Anyone had an experience like this with thier sprintbooster? Any suggestions on trying to fix this? I lost the box it came with, can anyone tell me if there's a warranty for this product? Thanks.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Obsidian E55
I broke a pin on mine whilst trying to install it.

I sent SB an email "they are based in greece" explaining what happened and they gladly replaced the item even though it was my fault.

Obviously i had to pay for the post etc and had to send the broken item back but within a week it got replaced.

Drop them an email, there cool guys.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Almost a Member!

03 C32
Originally Posted by andy_cyp

I sent SB an email "they are based in greece" explaining what happened and they gladly replaced the item even though it was my fault.

Obviously i had to pay for the post etc and had to send the broken item back but within a week it got replaced.

Thanks for your help, i'm going to get on that right away. Driving a couple days without the Sprintbooster has made appreciate how great this mod is.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:25 PM

Obsidian E55
Originally Posted by Rudoubles
Thanks for your help, i'm going to get on that right away. Driving a couple days without the Sprintbooster has made appreciate how great this mod is.
yw
Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 AM

sounds like it really work! where to get the best deal for the Sprint Booster now? thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by andy_cyp

what is their email addy?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:10 PM

Obsidian E55
Originally Posted by jgsx
what is their email addy?

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index...tact&Itemid=30

Here you go......
Old 03-22-2007, 05:41 PM

Just got my SB and WOW!!!!!!

I recieved my SB this morning and I just finished the install, and WOW...The response it's way better...definelty worth the upgrade.....
Old 03-22-2007, 06:02 PM

R230
Originally Posted by rhernand07
I recieved my SB this morning and I just finished the install, and WOW...The response it's way better...definelty worth the upgrade.....
rhernando07, whom did you purcase it from and when did you order....I ordered one from SLKFANS a few weeks back and have had positively no response nor the SB........
Old 03-22-2007, 10:27 PM

RC,
I got it thru ebay. I posted this a few days ago.

SB available at EBAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I have been trying to find SLK for a long time as well,and he did answer me. However it took so long that I found another source for SB. this source is in ebay and its from Spain. You pay $20 more compared to SLK, but I have not been able to find him.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

Item number: 250090292572

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2572&rd=1&rd=1
Old 03-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by rhernand07
RC,
I got it thru ebay. I posted this a few days ago.

SB available at EBAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I have been trying to find SLK for a long time as well,and he did answer me. However it took so long that I found another source for SB. this source is in ebay and its from Spain. You pay $20 more compared to SLK, but I have not been able to find him.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

Item number: 250090292572

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2572&rd=1&rd=1

Link fixed
Old 03-28-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
I paid for my SB through SLK almost two weeks ago. There has been no communication. I emailed him, with no response. I just tried to PM him, Mailbox full!

Does anyone know how to get a hold of him other then email? I guess I need to dispute the charges through Paypal.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 E300 TD
Alright, I'm convinced by everyones responses. Once my check comes in I'll purchase one off of you SLK....you are the most reliable. Looking forward to ordering!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:35 AM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
SB or Powerchip

1st performance mod for me. cant figure out if i should spend $280+ for the spring booster or spend $690 on a powerchip upgrade...

can anyone tell me if the extra $400+ is worth it for the powerchip? thanks - Adam

any other low budget power suggestions?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Does the sprintbooster work in a 2006 CLS55 or an 2007 SL500? How exactly do you install it?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2007, 10:55 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
I paid for my SB through SLK almost two weeks ago. There has been no communication. I emailed him, with no response. I just tried to PM him, Mailbox full!

Does anyone know how to get a hold of him other then email? I guess I need to dispute the charges through Paypal.
Don't worry Dean is out on business if I recall correctly. I just
got mine TODAY as I arrived home from my restaurant (work)
and I placed my order back in March 4th. I sent a email around
two weeks ago and responded right away (even away on
business).

You'll get your order, I patiently waited for mine and arrived
as promised.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:04 PM

SLK.....Just got my booster....thank you.

To those who are waiting....I thought I was going to get hosed cause it took a little while and there was no correspondence but my booster showed up.

Have some patience....I think SLK does the right thing.....you'll get your booster. Mine took about 35 days to arrive and in between there wasn't much correspondence but its here, safe and sound.

Thanks SLK.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:43 PM

....Added....just did the install.....took me about ahh...15 or 20 minutes give or take....

You MUST have a 10 mm socket and a flathead screw driver or putty knife in my case.

The most trouble I actually had was unplugging that STUPID electrical connector....I could not get my big meat hooks in there to pull the one side apart from the other so I ended up cracking one of the tabs off - no big deal...its very snug anyway.

The good news...the new Benz' (2007) have integrated the washer intot he nut so unscrewing the nut takes off the washer too....nothing to play around with.

The next major pain in the *** for me was getting the damned gas pedal back into its proper place. Mind you I am 6' 0" 320 pounds so squeezing under the steering wheel and getting at thre gas pedal is no easy task for me but once I found the "sweet spot" she slid right in and I bolted it back down....really simple....

The only thing is I question if I hooked it up right....I think you cannot hook it incorrectly cause it only goes one way or else it will not connect, right?

I will say that it certainly helped the lag....now its a little more of a jerk but the bottom line is a slow car is a slow car and the c230 is slllloooowwwwww.

I had an old 88 Mustang GT that had gears, heads, headers and a bunch of other stuff and man that was one torquie car. Hopped on the gas and it would snap your neck....I miss that.

My next benz is certainly going to have a much larger engine.

All said, the Sprint Booster does what its supposed to do. In my head I guess I was comparing it to a Diablo ship or something like that that I bolted on to my old Stang GT and when I did it was like "Holy Crap!" With the Sprint Booster it was like "cool....engine lag is gone"....no big ear to ear smile for me but I really have not gotten to really open her up yet either...just took it around the block a few times....it might end up better than expected.

Now, excuse me while I soak my knees and pick out the embedded gravel from the install on my driveway. Nothing better than working under the hot florida sun in a black leather car, being 320 pounds and working under the steering wheel while your knees are breaking on the cement. Should have thrown a blanket down first.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Liked it, wife didn't
Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
still available? for a 99 clk430?...
Old 01-27-2011, 08:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 AMG GT S (previous MBZ was a C32 AMG)
if all it does is make the pedal more sensitive, then at WOT the car will feel/behave the same with or without the sprint booster.

exactly like the "sport" button on the e46 M3...

so to pay $250 or whatever it is to make my gas pedal more sensative doesnt make sense. just press it down more. for example, if you press it down 1/4 way and it feels fast, I'll just press it down 1/2 way and it will feel just as fast. And no, i wouldn't be using more gas by pressing it 1/2 way vs. 1/4 way.. since the spring booster 1/4 way is adjusted
Old 01-27-2011, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by chargedC32
if all it does is make the pedal more sensitive, then at WOT the car will feel/behave the same with or without the sprint booster.

exactly like the "sport" button on the e46 M3...

so to pay $250 or whatever it is to make my gas pedal more sensative doesnt make sense. just press it down more. for example, if you press it down 1/4 way and it feels fast, I'll just press it down 1/2 way and it will feel just as fast. And no, i wouldn't be using more gas by pressing it 1/2 way vs. 1/4 way.. since the spring booster 1/4 way is adjusted
This is an OLD thread man. I've had the SB for three years and love it. Would probably love the new one even more..........

Is it worth it? If for feel alone, yes?? If for ultimate qtr. mile times, not worth the money. Find yourself a used Code 3 pulley or a 178/182/185 crank pulley for about $300.00
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
i only floor it when i need to accelerate so the sprintboosterizer is of no use to me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.