C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.

I wrote the same things on crossfireforums. Hey fellow C32ers. We should do more of these things together with our Crossfire brothers. If we can double our numbers on group buys like this...wow. Anyways, my impressions on the Sprint Booster. Best $250 I've spent on this car.

Got mine today.

First of all, a technical disclaimer. I know it doesn't add horse-power. That it's just removing the adaptation/non-linearity of the pedal range.

Basically, it feels like a completely different car. It's hard to describe, but the basic feeling is that the power is in your foot - like you have authority.

It was really easy to install, but a bit freaky the way the whole pedal assembly just kind of falls out, but it's easy to get back together. I have to check mine out again because when I turn the wheel lock to lock, something in there is taping/touching the extra cable. Have to do something with that - any tricks/suggestions, or just let it hang in there and hope it's all good?

Anyways, best mod yet, took less than 10 minutes, used a 10mm socket on the nut and a screwdriver to pop off the nut-cover.

The car just feels farking FAST. Like I expected it to be when I first got it. Feels like a big V8 in there. A lot more controllable. You WILL notice a difference and if you always felt like you were waiting for this car to go fast, you WILL like it. It's more like it wants to go, and you're just holding it back - it feels like a fast car.

THIS is what I always wanted this car to be.

edit: First of all, forgot to say Many, Many Thanks again for arranging this - everything went VERY smoothly!!! Secondly, the install is pretty easy - I'm a completely novice, mechanically, and I found it pretty easy. Just go slow, don't force anything, if you feel resistance, just nudge and let the parts guide you - it kind of just 'falls' out after you get it loose. Getting it back in was the only hard thing for me. Any tips there TimeLord?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
booster

I too installed this mod yesterday at lunch. The install took about ten minutes, but I was a little concerned when the pedal assembly did not come out as easy as I thought, and getting it back in was a little tricky, but with in the ten minutes,, it was done.

I like this booster very much, the car is responsive, but still controllable (you will need to feather the throttle more than before). I still have not had the opportunity to really open her up (to much traffic), but I hope to do this today.

Other notes: After a 3/4 push on the accelerator, the car moves very quick, but when backing off the gas, the car is still accelerating faster than before. I also put the tranny in the "W" mode and it seemed to mellow out the sprint booster..............
Old 09-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Almost a Member!

03 C32
Just installed my Sprint Booster, and i'm very pleased with the results. Took me a little more than 10 minutes to install it, and yeah I agree with you guys that it is a little scary that the whole accelerator just kind of falls out. My car feels A LOT more responsive when i touch the throttle now. Well worth the$250 i spent.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Y'all - I installed mine in less than 10 minutes today. Money well spent! The car really lurches forward when you touch the accelerator. It seems to me that the supercharger kicks in a little sooner also (although maybe I'm imagining this). Great product! - be careful when you first put it in though - it's pretty aggressive especially when in traffic!
Thanks to MMZTimelord over in the x-fire forum for organizing the purchase!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
hi guys,

sorry I have out of the C32 movement as of late

can someone provide the link where I can buy this...

i'm planning to keep the C32 for a few more weeks or months.. don't know yet. But the sprint booster will make the car seem like new from what I gather. In other words, less hesitation.

My biggest grippe is the following.

S Mode

rolling around 25 to 30mph.. I need to nail the throttle to the floor, until I get the kick down button... then the car responds.

Same thing in freeway driving.

I know is my IC pump too, but that is getting replaced tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:59 AM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by TopGun32
hi guys,

sorry I have out of the C32 movement as of late

can someone provide the link where I can buy this...

i'm planning to keep the C32 for a few more weeks or months.. don't know yet. But the sprint booster will make the car seem like new from what I gather. In other words, less hesitation.

My biggest grippe is the following.

S Mode

rolling around 25 to 30mph.. I need to nail the throttle to the floor, until I get the kick down button... then the car responds.

Same thing in freeway driving.

I know is my IC pump too, but that is getting replaced tomorrow.
Goto this site. He is great to do business with. http://www.slkfans.com/
Old 09-22-2006, 09:29 AM

silver 2002 c32 amg
I got mine yesterday, i'm not sure but I think that I may be the first one this side of the atlantic to get this

it comes with fitting instructions but you really don't need them.

fitting takes approx 10 mins as others have said.
I found the hardest part for me was probably getting the washer to come off the stud as it kept catching on the threads but once past this the rest was easy, as for the extra cable I just fed it up into the trim above the pedal and haven't had any bother with it.

first impressions... definately more get up and go, infact after the first ten minutes i had 2 close calls,

the first one happened at the first T-junction i came to where i intended to turn right and fall in behind a car that was passing,.... I applied my usual amount of pressure on the pedal (enough to start me moving slowly forward) but instead the car lunged forward and i had to brake to avoid heading straight for the side of the other car
the second was a little further down the road when i was stuck along with some other traffic behind a car being towed, when the car infront ( a tvr) made a move to pass I did the same to follow and nearly rear ended him

the car does seem faster even if it isn't.

for people who say pressing the pedal harder would give the same results, well i would have to disagree
its hard to describe but I would have to say the car just feels more willing than before the reaction time is much quicker and even small inputs on the throttle seem to gain a response where as before I would just get nothing, nothing then bam!

also i have the 1500 rpm transmission jerk ,and after fitting the booster it seemed to get worse, but after driving the car last night and again this morning i haven't noticed it happening, maybe its the car just making gear changes higher up the rev range or maybe i'm not noticing it due to the new jerk I keep getting from being thrown back into my seat all the time

overall well worth the money and highly recommended.

as for purchase ....I wasn,t part of any group buy and just contacted the company direct via e-mail using the contact form avilable on the sellers website

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index...tact&Itemid=30

the transaction took 3 e-mails by me
1st e-mail.. me expressing an interest in product and car details... then return e-mail giving price in euros, shipping costs and payment method
2nd e-mail .. confirming intent to buy and requesting bank details for transfer of funds...then return e-mail with required details
3rd e-mail ..stating funds transfered and...then return e-mail 2 days later to state transfer complete and package sent via UPS

this took 4 days from start to delivery

hope this helps
Old 09-22-2006, 10:55 AM

2002 c32
Originally Posted by timberman
I got mine yesterday, i'm not sure but I think that I may be the first one this side of the atlantic to get this

it comes with fitting instructions but you really don't need them.

fitting takes approx 10 mins as others have said.
I found the hardest part for me was probably getting the washer to come off the stud as it kept catching on the threads but once past this the rest was easy, as for the extra cable I just fed it up into the trim above the pedal and haven't had any bother with it.

first impressions... definately more get up and go, infact after the first ten minutes i had 2 close calls,

the first one happened at the first T-junction i came to where i intended to turn right and fall in behind a car that was passing,.... I applied my usual amount of pressure on the pedal (enough to start me moving slowly forward) but instead the car lunged forward and i had to brake to avoid heading straight for the side of the other car
the second was a little further down the road when i was stuck along with some other traffic behind a car being towed, when the car infront ( a tvr) made a move to pass I did the same to follow and nearly rear ended him

the car does seem faster even if it isn't.

for people who say pressing the pedal harder would give the same results, well i would have to disagree
its hard to describe but I would have to say the car just feels more willing than before the reaction time is much quicker and even small inputs on the throttle seem to gain a response where as before I would just get nothing, nothing then bam!

also i have the 1500 rpm transmission jerk ,and after fitting the booster it seemed to get worse, but after driving the car last night and again this morning i haven't noticed it happening, maybe its the car just making gear changes higher up the rev range or maybe i'm not noticing it due to the new jerk I keep getting from being thrown back into my seat all the time

overall well worth the money and highly recommended.

as for purchase ....I wasn,t part of any group buy and just contacted the company direct via e-mail using the contact form avilable on the sellers website

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index...tact&Itemid=30

the transaction took 3 e-mails by me
1st e-mail.. me expressing an interest in product and car details... then return e-mail giving price in euros, shipping costs and payment method
2nd e-mail .. confirming intent to buy and requesting bank details for transfer of funds...then return e-mail with required details
3rd e-mail ..stating funds transfered and...then return e-mail 2 days later to state transfer complete and package sent via UPS

this took 4 days from start to delivery

hope this helps
What did you end up paying? For the group-by on the xfire forums it was about $250 with shipping/duties/tax etc... (I paid $270 and got ~$15 back).
Old 09-22-2006, 11:19 AM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by Bif powell
What did you end up paying? For the group-by on the xfire forums it was about $250 with shipping/duties/tax etc... (I paid $270 and got ~$15 back).
total including shipping came to 256 eur $327 / £172 plus a charge from the bank for the fund transfer of $26/£14
Old 09-22-2006, 01:01 PM
SPONSOR

i just payed for one of these, i am now leaning towards keeping the car...
Old 09-22-2006, 01:09 PM

I'd just like to take this opportunity to sneer and say "I told you so" to the skeptics who tried to suggest this was a snake oil/vaporware mod, even AFTER a few of us had installed them and given glowing reviews.

Nyah!

Old 09-22-2006, 05:20 PM

c32, 190e 16v turbo
Originally Posted by m3_eater
I'd just like to take this opportunity to sneer and say "I told you so" to the skeptics who tried to suggest this was a snake oil/vaporware mod, even AFTER a few of us had installed them and given glowing reviews.

Nyah!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Can someone explain how it works in more detail other than changing the linearity of the throttle? Does it mess with the ECU at all? Some chip/programs remap the ECU to significantly increase air/fuel ratio, and making the motors run wayy richer, and that's a no no.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 PM

2002 c32
This installs on the throttle pedal assembly.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:28 PM

Merce-rati
if you had the ease of instal on a scale from 1-10 what would you say it was?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:50 PM

2002 c32
If you get decent pics and instructions, it's a 2. On your own in the dark, guessing, a 4. As long as you know it's in the gas pedal assembly, it's pretty obvious where things go if you pay attention to how you got it apart. One person on the xfire site said to remove part of the lower dash area, but that's in a xfire, so I don't know if that applies to our C32...I can take a look at mine tonight.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:10 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
I just ordered mine.....
Old 09-22-2006, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by eLTURCOamg
if you had the ease of instal on a scale from 1-10 what would you say it was?
Back from the dead? Any luck with those pics of your Z06 and C32?
Old 09-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by jgsx
Back from the dead? Any luck with those pics of your Z06 and C32?
To answer elturco's question, it appears that the install is closer to a 1 or a 2.

jgsx, don't hold your breath on those pictures. Looks like he has moved to Guam, from NY? Guam? WTF?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:20 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
here's a brief discription on how i did the install,
it's very easy, I managed it and i'm useless when it comes to cars

firstly all you will need is a small flat blade screwdriver to remove the stud cover located behind the gas/accel pedal and a 10mm socket with ratchet to undo the nut, thats it!

you will need to kneel down outside the car and lean into the footwell so open the door wide, then using the screwdriver remove the stud cover,
after this remove the 10mm nut and washer (the nut is located in a recess so you won't be able to get at it with a spanner), i found the washer to be a little tricky but a little gentle persuasion finally got it free,
the pedal will then come free but be careful not to force it, just pull it away from the stud then unhook it at the back where it sits on a peg

i found that there was enough free cable to pull the pedal assembly out maybe 6-8 inches. with this free take hold of the plug thats connected to the pedal squeeze the sides at the back to open the lugs and pull free,
after this just plug the sprintbooster into the pedal then the original connector into the second plug on the sprintbooster and your done (the cables only fit one way so you can't go wrong) i then just fed the extra cable into the trim above the pedal and refit the pedal by locating the back of the pedal on the peg then drop the front part over the the stud,
refit the washer, nut and cover.

after this go for a drive and feel the difference
Old 09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Where is the best place to get one of these? Anyone using this on C55?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:43 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
Where is the best place to get one of these? Anyone using this on C55?
www.slkfans.com This guy is great to do business with and you'll get it super fast.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:22 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
That is where I got mine.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Almost a Member!

'04 Black C32; '00 Black ML320
Dean at slkfans.com is a great guy. You'll get your order 3 days after the transaction...and he's good at following up on you for any issues re: installation.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
'05 e55 now a disney ride with this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.