C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap

Well my 65mm pulley I ordered from IBF in Poland left Poland last Thursday via GLS post and it's now sat at my local Parcel Force depot ready for delivery tomorrow (not bad going IMO), I've also booked with Eurocharged for the end of the week, can't wait......

In preparation for it's power hike I treated it to some new parts with a new fuel filter, new panel filters I also have a Code 3 intake style modification so it should breath great anyway and also a new set of NGK Iridium plugs.

While switching the plugs I started by first removing 1 plug per cylinder and carrying out a compression test for no reason other than to make sure the engine is in good health which they are all good compression and all within 4psi of each other and all the plugs (Bosch platinum tip) are all in great condition showing there all firing clean.

Fuel filter and plugs were last changed 32K ago:

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0820_zpsw6xlfrc7.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0857_zps9hfjcidh.jpg

I made a tool years ago to get the plug leads off these Merc's which makes getting them off easy and as usual it made light work of getting them off especially given the limited space on the rear cylinders it's not pretty as it only took about 2 minuets to knock up but it works great:

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0828_zpsqsffic8g.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0827_zps5dmwhvv6.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0826_zps7dj2w1qd.jpg

While under the air boxes I addressed the breather box leaks both sides more so the left bank, it had new cam cover gaskets a short while ago but they didn't see or realise the breather boxes where also leaking:

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0830_zpsvkar7imd.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0858_zpsnejwqm2f.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0829_zps51f3ieb0.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0863_zps3vdu0m8i.jpg

That leaves just a few more jobs to get done as the parts are not coming till tomorrow so I'll know what I'm doing tomorrow night.

I noticed the oil filter housing to block and oil filter housing to oil cooler are both leaking so I ordered the genuine seals which should be delivered tomorrow morning so will also change the oil and filter at the same time:

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0838_zpsbmjwjh6k.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0837_zpstbntisqf.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0835_zpsrmijgkk6.jpg

My pulley will also arrive tomorrow so I'll pop that on too and while I'm at it I change the bearings in both the Idler pulley's and the tensioner pulley with the new uprated ones I have 6303ZZ bearings for the idler and tensioner and for the supercharger idler I have a 6203ZZ , the stock bearings are rated to 15,000rpm and my new ones are 17,000rpm and just generally a better quality bearing and there a hell of a lot cheaper than new pulley's.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:36 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
C32 amg
Originally Posted by dpbayly
Well my 65mm pulley I ordered from IBF in Poland left Poland last Thursday via GLS post and it's now sat at my local Parcel Force depot ready for delivery tomorrow (not bad going IMO), I've also booked with Eurocharged for the end of the week, can't wait......

In preparation for it's power hike I treated it to some new parts with a new fuel filter, new panel filters I also have a Code 3 intake style modification so it should breath great anyway and also a new set of NGK Iridium plugs.

While switching the plugs I started by first removing 1 plug per cylinder and carrying out a compression test for no reason other than to make sure the engine is in good health which they are all good compression and all within 4psi of each other and all the plugs (Bosch platinum tip) are all in great condition showing there all firing clean.

Fuel filter and plugs were last changed 32K ago:

I made a tool years ago to get the plug leads off these Merc's which makes getting them off easy and as usual it made light work of getting them off especially given the limited space on the rear cylinders it's not pretty as it only took about 2 minuets to knock up but it works great:

While under the air boxes I addressed the breather box leaks both sides more so the left bank, it had new cam cover gaskets a short while ago but they didn't see or realise the breather boxes where also leaking:

That leaves just a few more jobs to get done as the parts are not coming till tomorrow so I'll know what I'm doing tomorrow night.

I noticed the oil filter housing to block and oil filter housing to oil cooler are both leaking so I ordered the genuine seals which should be delivered tomorrow morning so will also change the oil and filter at the same time:

My pulley will also arrive tomorrow so I'll pop that on too and while I'm at it I change the bearings in both the Idler pulley's and the tensioner pulley with the new uprated ones I have 6303ZZ bearings for the idler and tensioner and for the supercharger idler I have a 6203ZZ , the stock bearings are rated to 15,000rpm and my new ones are 17,000rpm and just generally a better quality bearing and there a hell of a lot cheaper than new pulley's.
Looks good, drain some coolant first for oil cooler gaskets will make job lot easier, I learned the hard way.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:45 PM

C32 AMG
Thanks for the heads up
Old 02-07-2016, 06:26 PM

C32 amg
Thanks for the heads up
The one bolt is tough to get to.
I replaced the oil filler gasket where the oil filter sits in at same time, u need 47mm socket to get it.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
I commend you on your willingness to DIY but I must say you used way to much sealant on the breather covers. If that much sandwiched out how much went inside?
Old 02-08-2016, 03:39 PM

C32 AMG
Thanks guys

I only had about the amount sandwich out as there was before I removed them and it seems to look worse than it was as it was minimal really.

I'm happy to DIY as it's my trade I'm a garage owner of a long established garage that I've been part of for 16 years and the garage has been in business with my current business partner since 1965

Last edited by dpbayly; 02-08-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:39 PM

C32 AMG
Final bits finished this evening with the 3 seals in the oil filter housing swapped out and a fresh oil and filter and finally the new IBF 65 mm pulley fitted:

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0868_zpsgn5jscos.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0869_zps5sbbhvkn.jpg

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0870_zpsg8osxlkv.jpg

On the way home I had the Torque app running on the phone to just see if there was a difference so I accelerated not to hard and only up to 5000rpm and my boost reached just under 18psi so it all looks good and on target,

I wont push it any more till after the remap at Eurocharged, I know people do just bolt the pulley on and go but I'd rather know for sure my fuelling is running spot on.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:45 PM

C32 amg
Final bits finished this evening with the 3 seals in the oil filter housing swapped out and a fresh oil and filter and finally the new IBF 65 mm pulley fitted:

On the way home I had the Torque app running on the phone to just see if there was a difference so I accelerated not to hard and only up to 5000rpm and my boost reached just under 18psi so it all looks good and on target,

I wont push it any more till after the remap at Eurocharged, I know people do just bolt the pulley on and go but I'd rather know for sure my fuelling is running spot on.
That pulley from Poland are steal or aluminum
Old 02-09-2016, 01:44 AM

C32 AMG
It's steel.

They offered the steel or duraluminium one at the same price £230 GBP delivered, I went with the steel one only because of other people's misfortune with the aluminium ones from other manufactures.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:48 AM

C32 amg
It's steel.

They offered the steel or duraluminium one at the same price £230 GBP delivered, I went with the steel one only because of other people's misfortune with the aluminium ones from other manufactures.
I have the Eurocharge 64.7mm black aluminum on car 2 years and no problem.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:20 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Morphh
I have the Eurocharge 64.7mm black aluminum on car 2 years and no problem.

Is there much of an advantage running an aluminium one?
Old 02-09-2016, 03:25 PM

C32 amg
Is there much of an advantage running an aluminium one?
It's lighter in weight, but steel is more robust
Old 02-10-2016, 01:16 PM

C32 AMG
New supercharger idler fitted today I wanted to swap out the bearing but I was able to pick up a Febi which is the make of the genuine Mercedes one I removed for just £20 so wasn't worth messing around with:

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0845_zpshs3aywdt.jpg

Check out this video I made of the old idler. Caught it just in time I'm thinking, strangely it made no noticeable noise on the car under tension luckily I checked all the idlers and tensioner when I fitted the new 65mm pulley the other night:

Old 02-11-2016, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
I would suggest ditching the stock setup and go with a belt wrap kit since you are running the 65mm pulley now. I went with the needwings kit and it does make a pretty substantial difference.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:48 AM

C32 AMG
Ok thanks

I'll look into it.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:03 PM

C32 amg
Ok thanks

I'll look into it.
I agree I have huge belt slip cause of no belt wrap, I would check all pullies, I had to replace idler, guide pulley, and the belt tensioner itself, so I replaced 3 of them, belt tensioner might give up cause u adding more power so more tension on belt tensioner, that's what happened to me.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:09 PM

C32 AMG
Cool

I'll look this belt wrap kit up later.

I've just got back from my day at Eurocharged where they mapped it for the intake and pulley and WOW what a difference it's like a different car,

It's so quick I love it
Old 02-11-2016, 08:24 PM

C32 amg
Cool

I'll look this belt wrap kit up later.

I've just got back from my day at Eurocharged where they mapped it for the intake and pulley and WOW what a difference it's like a different car,

It's so quick I love it
What intake u have?
Old 02-12-2016, 04:19 AM

C32 AMG
Code 3 style intake modification in the back of the intake Y piece right in front of the of the throttle body:

Preparations all done ready for my 65mm pulley and Eurocharged remap-dsc_0739_zps3wlq0jpg.jpg
Old 02-19-2016, 12:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
C 32 AMG & FG2 Civic Si
dpbayly, what exactly does that code 3 style intake mod do? i've seen it several times and have never understood its purpose
Old 02-19-2016, 01:06 PM

C32 AMG
It allows a heap more air to enter the engine and a good side effect is it increases the volume of the supercharger whine massively.

The reported way to do this is to modify the centre cap like I have then also trim the bulk head rubber seal in the centre which is what I did.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
C 32 AMG & FG2 Civic Si
i still don't really understand. isn't that code3 style mod just putting that filter in the y pipe? i have the sl55 y pipe but even the stock one was wide open. so how would adding restriction with the filter help?