I am really disappointed :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 12:59 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
Thumbs down I am really disappointed :(

Guys,

Ive been so hyped lately since I got behind the wheel of my new c63s. eversince, Ive been so happy to drive the car that I've waited for nearly 7 months! However, and with all the disappointment I have one issue that's really getting on my nerves ! The wind noise from the front two windows (driver + passenger). It starts to pickup from 95 kmh and drastically increases with speed! I really cant ignore it, I feel as if the windows are SLIGHTLY down, which creates this wind passing noise! VERY ANNOYING! I took it to the dealer, at first they denied the problem but then told me they would check the door alignment. I got it back yesterday and its even worse .......

Note: my car is a '16 build - Germany.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:15 AM

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
2015 C63 AMG S Edition 1, 2015 GL63
I do not have that issue so I would suggest returning to the dealer and have them address it for you. Good luck and keep us posted as to its resolution.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:19 AM

C63S 2016
its been really common around, as I read so many people have this issue! Its really pathethic, to pay such a high price and at the end of the day, all you hear is wind passing through!
Old 02-09-2016, 11:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
polarwhite AMG C63s W205
There is an earlier thread on this with information on service bulletin. I had the same issue, went to MB garage with a copy of the SB, and asked them to follow the protocol. No more wind-noise.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:43 PM

C63S 2016
The one in german bro? + did it rectify the issue fully??? I wish I can overcome the wind noise wholly! Its really pathetic!
Old 02-09-2016, 12:56 PM

polarwhite AMG C63s W205
Yes, I took the German one, and after the service I noticed they had left an english-version of the SB in my car - thus must exist somewhere in EN. It fixed the problem - there are still certain degree of wind-noise, but nothing comparable to that before.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by Rippe
Yes, I took the German one, and after the service I noticed they had left an english-version of the SB in my car - thus must exist somewhere in EN. It fixed the problem - there are still certain degree of wind-noise, but nothing comparable to that before.
Even if you can only find it in German, surely there's someone who can translate at the dealer (or, you know, use Google translate).
Old 02-09-2016, 02:39 PM

C63S 2016
Bro so u took the german technical service board steps that were uploaded a while ago in another thread? The one written in german? So u bet it would reduce the wind noise by much? Or its not thaaat much a difference before and after?
Old 02-09-2016, 02:41 PM

C63S 2016
I already had them do the door alignment again but theres no improvement, I can still hear the pathetic wind noise from 100 km/h onwards!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:58 PM

polarwhite AMG C63s W205
It took two visits - first time they just tried to align the doors - however with poor results.
Second time, once they followed the SB, this removed the noise. It is clearly better now. Before it was like the window was narrowly open, now it is only normal wind-noise once you pass 80 miles/h.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:46 PM

C63S 2016
It took two visits - first time they just tried to align the doors - however with poor results.
Second time, once they followed the SB, this removed the noise. It is clearly better now. Before it was like the window was narrowly open, now it is only normal wind-noise once you pass 80 miles/h.
Sounds good! I hope the same happens to me since i already did the alignment as you did and I hope they can follow the steps in the SB and get over this sound! Thanks for the input bro!