LOCAL NEWS DOES STORY ON SPEED SHOP WITH MY CAR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
LOCAL NEWS DOES STORY ON SPEED SHOP WITH MY CAR

my friend Rich calls me yesterday to tell me that the news wants to do a story about Western Technical College here in El Paso , Tx and to show how it's partnered up with Speed Factory , which Rich owns . these guys installed my headers and mids about a week ago . he wanted my car to be on the one that goes on the dyno . they basically showed how the car is driven onto the dyno , strapped down and they made 1 pass with my car . well the wind is blowing like a son of a b!#$h and it's 91 degrees today but he wants to do a better dyno session when it cools down . with that said....here is the car on the dyno and the results of the pass . it's a good start
Attached Thumbnails LOCAL NEWS DOES STORY ON SPEED SHOP WITH MY CAR-carondyno.jpg   LOCAL NEWS DOES STORY ON SPEED SHOP WITH MY CAR-dynosheetclose.jpg  
Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Solid numbers!!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
The drivetrain loses on our cars are a killer. You never did a base dyno right? OK, I did the homework and here are your numbers for everyone to share:

(crank numbers)
Drivetrain loses HP tq
25% 573/529
24% 568/525
23% 563/520
22% 559/516
21% 554/512
20% 550/512
19% 545/503
18% 540/499
Anyways, congrats on your article and your dyno numbers/ mods.

Last edited by C63newdude; 05-20-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
That's cool that your car made the news.

What is the story with the power drop offs at two points in your graph?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig

+1
Old 05-19-2011, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT

Originally Posted by _AMG_
+1
not real sure . i saw that after the story was done and he printed the sheet . i'm guessing that maybe he lifted for some reason

i know that this was just kinda half *** to show the cameras how the dyno session works . like i said , when conditions are better , we will get some serious dyno time in for better #s .
Old 05-19-2011, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
another thing for me is not really the #s you get off a dyno . real world situations is the way to truly test a vehicle . last week , the guys there at Speed Factory tuned and dynoed a supra . it put down 886 whp on the dyno . i actually caught up to the guy in the supra a few days later while we were both headed towards the shop . we were on the gateway and hit it from a 25mph dig . the supra lit up the tires and i left him way behind . i would much rather have a car with decent horsepower that hooks up and runs strong than a car with monster power that can't put it to the ground

.......plus , it's just a 4 door Mercedes
Old 05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Even putting aside dyno numbers, which is easy to do considering how tried and true your current setup is, I was just interested in your dyno results because I'm just hoping your car is all dialed in.

Cool story about putting the power down and taking the Supra.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Even putting aside dyno numbers, which is easy to do considering how tried and true your current setup is, I was just interested in your dyno results because I'm just hoping your car is all dialed in.

Cool story about putting the power down and taking the Supra.
from what i keep hearing , since i had the tune before the headers , the ecu needs to relearn with the headers and mids on . everyone keeps telling me that it only gets better . my car is only my weekend toy so i don't drive it all the time . this weekend , we are having a big cars and coffee meet and cruise so hopefully i will get some spirited driving in to test it out . just got my GOPRO HERO yesterday , so it will be a fine time to try out camera and car
Old 05-19-2011, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
from what i keep hearing , since i had the tune before the headers , the ecu needs to relearn with the headers and mids on . everyone keeps telling me that it only gets better . my car is only my weekend toy so i don't drive it all the time . this weekend , we are having a big cars and coffee meet and cruise so hopefully i will get some spirited driving in to test it out . just got my GOPRO HERO yesterday , so it will be a fine time to try out camera and car
Yeah, the tune and headers are a match. I was just thinking about octane.

I hope the dips in your dyno graph are from the operator lifting and not from your ECU pulling timing and dumping fuel. You should call him.

What are the AFR's?
Old 05-19-2011, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Yeah, the tune and headers are a match. I was just thinking about octane.

I hope the dips in your dyno graph are from the operator lifting and not from your ECU pulling timing and dumping fuel. You should call him.

What are the AFR's?
we only have 91 octane here but i have been using Torco to fix that , which is what MHP recommended . if i remember right , the AFRs were dead on so i think he was just lifting
Old 05-19-2011, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
we only have 91 octane here but i have been using Torco to fix that , which is what MHP recommended . if i remember right , the AFRs were dead on so i think he was just lifting
Torco is the stuff to use, from what I understand.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you go with the 91 octane tune?

If you don't mind sharing, what are your AFR's?

Edit: I think you must be right with regard to the dyno operator lifting during the run. The torque curve doesn't really make too much sense because it peaks in the wrong spot and the hp curve isn't very linear, so it must have been a weird run. I'm sure everything is fine.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 05-19-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Torco is the stuff to use, from what I understand.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you go with the 91 octane tune?

If you don't mind sharing, what are your AFR's?

Edit: I think you must be right with regard to the dyno operator lifting during the run. The torque curve doesn't really make too much sense because it peaks in the wrong spot and the hp curve isn't very linear, so it must have been a weird run. I'm sure everything is fine.
didn't want the 91 cuz of possible future mods . figured i would go with the better octane tune cuz it's really easy to just add the torco . i will check my AFRs when i get home and let you know what they are
Old 05-20-2011, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I have to say, I respect your choice to run a more aggressive tune.

Okay, thanks. Just interested to see what the AFR's are like on the 93 octane tune.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
I have to say, I respect your choice to run a more aggressive tune.

Okay, thanks. Just interested to see what the AFR's are like on the 93 octane tune.
thank you sir . heres the bottom of the sheet..........
Attached Thumbnails LOCAL NEWS DOES STORY ON SPEED SHOP WITH MY CAR-dynosheetafr.jpg