Interest in C63 on market?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Interest in C63 on market?

Hi, fellas.

I was just wondering what the market is like for a used C63? I'm looking to sell my car, but I'm not sure if there is much interest out there for our cars? I know it's getting more publicity and attention than before, but compared to M3's and sort, it's still relatively "under the radar."

I'm just hoping I wouldn't have to sell it to a dealership. I'd rather sell it to someone who can take care of it and appreciates it as much as we do.

I'm in Seattle, WA if that makes any difference.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:13 AM

C63 AMG
Yeah you are pretty spot on as far as our cars being under the radar. Most dealers will either low ball you on your car or the one your trading it in on. What are you looking to get into and how many miles do you have on your car?
Old 07-08-2011, 04:31 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by PistolWhipC63
Yeah you are pretty spot on as far as our cars being under the radar. Most dealers will either low ball you on your car or the one your trading it in on. What are you looking to get into and how many miles do you have on your car?
My car has 4,500 miles right now. It's a 2010. I'm selling it mostly because I never drive it and the money can be better applied towards more important things in life, like a wedding and a new house.

Eventually, though...I might jump back into an AMG, but my ultimate goal would be to be in a P-car.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Wow very low miles and mods up the wazoo. GLWS!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Sorry to see you have to let such a nice car go avenger!! You were my inspiration to get the JBspeed front lip & Revo kit.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:21 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Yours should worth about $53-55k. Just go to Barrier (Mercedes-Benz of Bellevue) or Park Place LTD and see if they will give you a good deal. Both of these dealers also handle Porsche sales, and if you want a nice used P, F, AM, or whatever, then I suggest you at least stop by Park Place and check them out.

Sheep
Old 07-08-2011, 05:30 PM

335i
Originally Posted by avengerboater
Hi, fellas.

I was just wondering what the market is like for a used C63? I'm looking to sell my car, but I'm not sure if there is much interest out there for our cars? I know it's getting more publicity and attention than before, but compared to M3's and sort, it's still relatively "under the radar."

I'm just hoping I wouldn't have to sell it to a dealership. I'd rather sell it to someone who can take care of it and appreciates it as much as we do.

I'm in Seattle, WA if that makes any difference.
Im in the market. I'll pm you my info and we can talk
Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 PM

C63 AMG
Thanks for the kind words, Meng and Khmer. And Sheep, I've been to Park Place a few times before, but as of right now, I'm gonna hold off on any cars. I have a wedding and house to purchase.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
You're likely going to get crushed on the sale value, sorry to say it.

That car is essentially 2 model years old, yet you have not driven it at all (4500mi) to get much enjoyment from it, and the depreciation hit will sting like a bi&ch. May be a tough sell. Dealer trade in isn't even something to consider.

The mods won't help either, as most people serious enough to buy an AMG will want it cherry and unmolested. Sorry if I sound like a debbie-downer.

If you're selling your "baby" that you obviously planned to keep (why put expensive long tubes & tune on it, less than 5,000 mi, and then sell?) over a chick, keep the damn car and don't be another guy that regrets selling his favorite car over a girl.

Why not keep the car a little longer, drive it, enjoy it and sell it in a year and make the depreciation hit worth it?

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 07-08-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 PM

C63 AMG
Yea, good points, VCA.

Those are all the very same reasons why I haven't sold my "baby." I'm really just on-the-fence about the thing. Amazingly, my fiance and everyone is telling me to keep it and just drive it more. And I've just powdercoated (being worked on at the shop as we speak) the anodized lips on my WORK wheels. So, really, I don't know why I'm selling it, other than to put more money down on a house purchase in a year. It's not an absolute must that I sell the car, it's just that I'd hate to keep it around and never use it (mostly due to my job, where I can not take a car like mine to work). Maybe I should listen to you and everyone (well, mostly everyone) around me and just drive that darn thing. After all, the M156 doesn't hit its stride till after 10,000 miles, anyway.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I feel your pain Shawn about not being able to drive the amg to work, I'm in the same situation that's why I only have 3500km on my 2010. I work 6 days a week, so it only leaves me Sunday to enjoy it.. If no snow or rain.. Lol
Old 07-09-2011, 02:08 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Roswell
I feel your pain Shawn about not being able to drive the amg to work, I'm in the same situation that's why I only have 3500km on my 2010. I work 6 days a week, so it only leaves me Sunday to enjoy it.. If no snow or rain.. Lol

Haha. And being in Ontario (or Seattle), there are very few of those dry Sundays around.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Do you owe anything on it or did you buy it cash?

Either way, it was a car you really wanted and liked so why give up that pleasure? Whats the point of living if you can't enjoy the things you have and have worked hard to get?

I too say enjoy it and keep it. Not worth losing a huge hit and selling it.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Also, anyone know why Superlubricity just gave up on his car and got rid of it for a RR Sport SC?

Did I miss the thread? I thought he was all about his car...????
Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Also, anyone know why Superlubricity just gave up on his car and got rid of it for a RR Sport SC?

Did I miss the thread? I thought he was all about his car...????
<THREAD JACK!>

Give up? Quite the opposite actually.

You missed these threads -> I reached my goal and I sold my performance parts.

Short story: I set a goal of going 11.49. I went 11.49. The End.

</THREAD JACK!>

Avenger, I was able to negotiate $50K trade-in for my 10K-mile 2010. I recovered quite a bit on my parts as well.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
What's the price on the house you are looking for? If you are looking for a $500k house and sell your C63 for $50k, that's already 10% and enough for your down payment. However, if you already have enough saved for a 10%-20% down, then selling your car won't make sense.

Sheep
p.s. I am actually kind of on the same boat with you as I am moving, but mine only has 1200 miles and already paid in full...
Old 07-09-2011, 12:36 PM

C63 AMG
Thanks, Zephyr...I might just end up keeping it afterall, since I know if I sell it, I will get the itch in two years. I don't owe much on it, so it's really just to have more money down on my house.

Sheep, you're spot on. I already have enough for 20% down, but I'd like to put a bit more, actually, a lot more down on the house. And yea, it doesn't make sense to sell it, especially if I'm gonna put down 30% or so.

And super, I thought that was your C63 at LR/Jag up by my house. Haha. I saw the listing on Craigslist and I thought, "That must be super's." Haha. How are you liking the RR? Any luck on the R35 search?

Last edited by avengerboater; 07-09-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 GLK 350, 2013 GT-R, & 2013 RAM 1500
How are you liking the RR? Any luck on the R35 search?
I love it. The changes they made in 2010+ with the interior and engine are impressive. Andy wants to tune it.

No luck on the R35. I wasn't able to get the deal I wanted on the color I wanted. The RR will hold me off for a while. I'm seriously considering picking up a Lotus Elise for some Summer fun at the track.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superlubricity
<THREAD JACK!>

Give up? Quite the opposite actually.

You missed these threads -> I reached my goal and I sold my performance parts.

Short story: I set a goal of going 11.49. I went 11.49. The End.

</THREAD JACK!>

Avenger, I was able to negotiate $50K trade-in for my 10K-mile 2010. I recovered quite a bit on my parts as well.

Oh you know what I meant....I meant let the project go in other words...(I did miss that thread I think)

You did some phenomenal work not to mention data collection and organization. My hats off to you truly. Not only did you push the limits, but you also did invaluable research and data organization that no one has ever done or will do...

Avenger, you car is STUNNING. Truly Stunning. And you have put so much into it to make it a beast. I don't think loosing it will make you fulfilled...may actually depress you. So I say enjoy your work of art further...a lot of members modeled theirs off of yours...
Old 07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Avenger, you car is STUNNING. Truly Stunning. And you have put so much into it to make it a beast. I don't think loosing it will make you fulfilled...may actually depress you. So I say enjoy your work of art further...a lot of members modeled theirs off of yours...
Well said Zephyr!!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:32 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by superlubricity
I love it. The changes they made in 2010+ with the interior and engine are impressive. Andy wants to tune it.

No luck on the R35. I wasn't able to get the deal I wanted on the color I wanted. The RR will hold me off for a while. I'm seriously considering picking up a Lotus Elise for some Summer fun at the track.
LOL. Andy and his ambitions. The Elise is a fun little go-cart. I'm sure you'd have tons of fun on the track with it. It's a shame about the R35, I would have liked to see what you could have done with it.

You are way too kind, sir. But thank you, I will definitely keep those things eat mind.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Hey AB! I know how u can put some miles on it. Come out on the 20th to wicked Wednesday at pacific raceways. Twitchy can take pics. Super can bring his RR. See what you're gonna miss if u sell??
Old 07-09-2011, 05:47 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Sheep, you're spot on. I already have enough for 20% down, but I'd like to put a bit more, actually, a lot more down on the house. And yea, it doesn't make sense to sell it, especially if I'm gonna put down 30% or so.
Why 30%?? in general I would not put more than 25% unless I just want to paid it off quick, but for a 15+ year loan it doesn't make sense to put that much down and kill your cash flow. If your reason is to have a lower monthly payment, then I suggest you need to look for a cheaper house. As a general rule, you should not have your monthly payment above 25% of your NET income.

Here is another tip, you can use your 20% for down, but do "double payment" to pay more into your principle per month. Remember, double payment here doesn't mean 2x the amount due, but only 1x + whatever minimum amount allowed. For example, if your monthly is $2k and minimum payment is $200, then paying $2200 a month will really help your repay the loan quick. This system works even better if you op to do bi-monthly payments.

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/711...tion_Table.asp

Hope this helps,
Sheep
Old 07-09-2011, 06:17 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
You'll prob get the same price with stock headers and exhaust. I'd sell the headers.

And I'll take first dibs!!! Love your car!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:50 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Even Money
Hey AB! I know how u can put some miles on it. Come out on the 20th to wicked Wednesday at pacific raceways. Twitchy can take pics. Super can bring his RR. See what you're gonna miss if u sell??
Haha! That's an awesome suggestion! Are you going down there on the 20th?

Originally Posted by Sheep
Why 30%?? in general I would not put more than 25% unless I just want to paid it off quick, but for a 15+ year loan it doesn't make sense to put that much down and kill your cash flow. If your reason is to have a lower monthly payment, then I suggest you need to look for a cheaper house. As a general rule, you should not have your monthly payment above 25% of your NET income.

Here is another tip, you can use your 20% for down, but do "double payment" to pay more into your principle per month. Remember, double payment here doesn't mean 2x the amount due, but only 1x + whatever minimum amount allowed. For example, if your monthly is $2k and minimum payment is $200, then paying $2200 a month will really help your repay the loan quick. This system works even better if you op to do bi-monthly payments.

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/711...tion_Table.asp

Hope this helps,
Sheep
Yea, thanks, Sheep. I know the general rule is to never put down more than 25%, but I was just wanting to pay the house off quicker and maybe move on to another house in 5 or so years. But you are right about contributing to the principal and cutting down the mortage's time frame considerably. Thus, another reason why I'm on the fence about selling the car, because we already have enough for 20-25%, and anything more than that would really be needless. So, I don't know. We'll see.

Originally Posted by stangxs
You'll prob get the same price with stock headers and exhaust. I'd sell the headers.

And I'll take first dibs!!! Love your car!
LOL. Of course, if I do sell the car, and the owner doesn't want the mods, I will surely part it out. Love your car, too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Interest in C63 on market?