Sponsored by:

Interest in C63 on market?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Originally Posted by avengerboater
... it's just that I'd hate to keep it around and never use it (mostly due to my job, where I can not take a car like mine to work).
Interesting.

I drove an E320 to work for a long time, and used to worry about how driving an MB would be percieved, but it seemed to work out OK.

When it was time to look for a new car, I wanted something fun but not too flashy, so I eventually settled on the C63. I was worried about how that would be percieved, but after 4 months things seem to be fine, so I'm relieved.

Now I've pushed even further and just got a 911S cab (keeping the C63), and that may indeed generate some too-flashy issues, but we'll see. Being in my fourties, I'm getting to a point of being increasingly aware of my mortality and the fact that one can go unexpectedly, so I'm becoming less willing to deprive myself of things that can enhance my life out of concern for other people's perceptions. Of course there still has to be some balance in that regard, but my priorities have clearly shifted noticeably.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Yea, thanks, Sheep. I know the general rule is to never put down more than 25%, but I was just wanting to pay the house off quicker and maybe move on to another house in 5 or so years. But you are right about contributing to the principal and cutting down the mortage's time frame considerably. Thus, another reason why I'm on the fence about selling the car, because we already have enough for 20-25%, and anything more than that would really be needless. So, I don't know. We'll see.
No problem, just trying to help a fellow Husky .

Sheep
Old 07-10-2011, 02:08 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by IAA-C63
Interesting.

I drove an E320 to work for a long time, and used to worry about how driving an MB would be percieved, but it seemed to work out OK.

When it was time to look for a new car, I wanted something fun but not too flashy, so I eventually settled on the C63. I was worried about how that would be percieved, but after 4 months things seem to be fine, so I'm relieved.

Now I've pushed even further and just got a 911S cab (keeping the C63), and that may indeed generate some too-flashy issues, but we'll see. Being in my fourties, I'm getting to a point of being increasingly aware of my mortality and the fact that one can go unexpectedly, so I'm becoming less willing to deprive myself of things that can enhance my life out of concern for other people's perceptions. Of course there still has to be some balance in that regard, but my priorities have clearly shifted noticeably.
I totally agree with you about living to one's life expectations and not be overly concerned with others' perceptions of you. That is partly why I'd want to just say "Carpe diem" and drive my car everywhere. However, the demographic of the area I work in are of the low-income type, and I am also partly concerned for the safety of my car if I were to bring it to work. But regardless, thus the reason why I have another car as a DD.

Originally Posted by Sheep
No problem, just trying to help a fellow Husky .

Sheep
Yay! Purple and Gold!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:57 AM

2009 E350, 2002 GT2, 2004 SC M3, 2010 C63
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
You're likely going to get crushed on the sale value, sorry to say it.

That car is essentially 2 model years old, yet you have not driven it at all (4500mi) to get much enjoyment from it, and the depreciation hit will sting like a bi&ch. May be a tough sell. Dealer trade in isn't even something to consider.

The mods won't help either, as most people serious enough to buy an AMG will want it cherry and unmolested. Sorry if I sound like a debbie-downer.

If you're selling your "baby" that you obviously planned to keep (why put expensive long tubes & tune on it, less than 5,000 mi, and then sell?) over a chick, keep the damn car and don't be another guy that regrets selling his favorite car over a girl.

Why not keep the car a little longer, drive it, enjoy it and sell it in a year and make the depreciation hit worth it?
This. And drive her on the weekends. I actually take mine to work, because I am able to find a good spot in the faculty parking lot, had to be resourceful, however...students walk past the cars so I found a spot way in the corner.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 07-10-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Haha! That's an awesome suggestion! Are you going down there on the 20th?
Yes! Come on down!