Dyno Results - Velos Designwerks Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Arrow Dyno Results - Velos Designwerks Tune

Alright guys, finally took the time to put my car on the rollers, and here is what we got!

Great numbers for the car running hot - 440 RWHP and about 390 RWFT-LB TQ.

The A/F ratio was running very rich, but just a result of the car running hot and trying to save the catalytic converters from destroying themselves. Oil temp was running right about 235 during runs, 242-245 following them, and coolant was no less than 197 and up to 202. Looks like some timing was pulled at the end of the last run.

I have to say that the guys at Velos have been nothing short of phenomenal. I called them today to discuss the results and they know more about these cars than I could have ever imagined. Omar and Jean are an awesome team and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone considering such an upgrade. It comforts me to know that they have a true technical understanding of how our cars operate and what's involved in getting maximum performance, without sacrificing reliability and the things that the manufacturer intended to be there on the factory tune. More importantly, THEY HAVE AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE! Could easily contact them by phone, email, etc., and were very quick to respond and indulge me with my questions.

I have also included an iPhone video clip for those who are interested - doesn't show too much, but gives an idea of what the exhaust sounds like.

Again, I love my beast, and can't thank the team at Velos enough for their work and commitment to professionalism and performance.

Cheers,

Chris.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Tune.pdf (882.1 KB, 340 views)
Old 05-17-2012, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Nice work... but why do all you Velos tuned customers post STD correction?

Either way, good luck and enjoy your new found power.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by propain

IDK - what should it be?

Am new to the whole tuning/dyno bit..
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
IDK - what should it be?

Am new to the whole tuning/dyno bit..
SAE smoothing at 5
Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
SAE smoothing at 5
The picture of the screen is cut off, but that is what was used...

Old 05-17-2012, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
The picture of the screen is cut off, but that is what was used...

The smoothing number is cut off but the correction factor that was used appears to be STD, which reads higher than SAE. SAE is what is used in the C63 community.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Were your exhaust valves open or closed during the run depicted in the video? Your car sounds great.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG

+1. If you get the results on SAE basis, the numbers would be down 10-15whp. Still good results, but nothing materially different than results seen with other popular vendor tunes.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
Congrats on the results

I too just tuned my car with Velos and have nothing but great things to say about them. The customer service is top notch. I drove down to Miami for my appointment. Omar greeted me and started off by giving me a full tour of the facility. Next Jean sat with me to explain everything they were doing and gave me the opportunity to ask questions. They made me feel right at home. Jean even ask me to accompany him during the ECU removal process and explained every step. The overall experience was a 10+. I have not dynoed my car, but she pulls so much harder now and I certainly feel the difference.

Thank you Velos
Old 05-18-2012, 09:49 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG

Take it easy boss, just a bunch of enthusiasts having fun with their cars.

Originally Posted by ced357
Congrats on the results

I too just tuned my car with Velos and have nothing but great things to say about them. The customer service is top notch. I drove down to Miami for my appointment. Omar greeted me and started off by giving me a full tour of the facility. Next Jean sat with me to explain everything they were doing and gave me the opportunity to ask questions. They made me feel right at home. Jean even ask me to accompany him during the ECU removal process and explained every step. The overall experience was a 10+. I have not dynoed my car, but she pulls so much harder now and I certainly feel the difference.

Thank you Velos
Thanks for the kind words, great meeting you. Enjoy the car in good health.

Originally Posted by FlorezBethel
The customer service is top notch
Thanks Boss.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by VelosDesignwerks
Im taking it easy.

I understand wanting to make your numbers look high or higher than other tuners but SAE is the correction. Like I said, every post that has to do with your tune is posted with STD corrrection. Just seems intentional to me at this point.

Im sure YOU know better, I am just making sure your customers do as well.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
Im taking it easy.

I understand wanting to make your numbers look high or higher than other tuners but SAE is the correction. Like I said, every post that has to do with your tune is posted with STD corrrection. Just seems intentional to me at this point.

Im sure YOU know better, I am just making sure your customers do as well.
I think you are reading into this too much. This dyno was not done in Miami.... we had absolutely no control over how this customer posted and would not ask him to go out of his way to satisfy your "rules". Give these guys a break, we know your the "top dog" here but everyone loves these cars just as much as you. Enjoy your weekend.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT

Thanks for the kind words, great meeting you. Enjoy the car in good health.

Thanks Boss.
i understand the concept of making the numbers look more impressive to the customer but , like this guy being new to the tuning/dyno bit , if he didn't post the graph , everyone would be calling bs on the numbers . i am in no way knocking your tune or your company....just saying that maybe you should use SAE smoothing:5 for more realistic numbers .

edit : Propain beat me to it
Old 05-18-2012, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I think you are reading into this too much. This dyno was not done in Miami.... we had absolutely no control over how this customer posted and would not ask him to go out of his way to satisfy your "rules". Give these guys a break, we know your the "top dog" here but everyone loves these cars just as much as you. Enjoy your weekend.
Im not riding the guys.

Satisfy "MY" rules? You mean the rules of the overall automotive community? Top dog... LOL. Never mind....

To the customer, enjoy your tune. Nice numbers. SAE is the most widely accepted correction factor used at almost every shop and within the community. This is not just MY rule or a Mercedes rule or a C63 rule. Its pretty much the standard. STD reads about 4% higher in numbers than SAE. Sorry to mud your thread just figured you would want to know. Enjoy.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:47 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

AMG
Im not riding the guys.

Satisfy "MY" rules? You mean the rules of the overall automotive community? Top dog... LOL. Never mind....

To the customer, enjoy your tune. Nice numbers. SAE is the most widely accepted correction factor used at almost every shop and within the community. This is not just MY rule or a Mercedes rule or a C63 rule. Its pretty much the standard. STD reads about 4% higher in numbers than SAE. Sorry to mud your thread just figured you would want to know. Enjoy.
Propain,

I agree but all I am saying is you could have said it a little different. The "top dog" this was actually an honest comment. Remember in our original thread when you asked for SAE we had absolutely no problem providing that. Thanks to the OP for sharing and enjoy the car in good health.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Propain,

I agree but all I am saying is you could have said it a little different. The "top dog" this was actually an honest comment. Remember in our original thread when you asked for SAE we had absolutely no problem providing that. Thanks to the OP for sharing and enjoy the car in good health.

I could have said it a little different, you are right. I tend to be a bit abrasive. Sorry to the customer if I offended him.

Either way, no big deal and no need for any more drama. Enjoy the weekend. We finally got some good weather up here and I can take a car out for a cruise!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupé
everyone always has their 2 cents... thats why I rarely post because there is always that person who has a different opinion and has to express their feelings instead of just pressing the back button and reading some other post. I got flack for my dyno results as well. Velos is offering an excellent product at a lower price then the other tuners and "us" customers all have had similar results and have had an exceptional experience dealing with them.

Last edited by padroncubans; 05-18-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by padroncubans
everyone always has their 2 cents... thats why I rarely post because there is always that person who has a different opinion and has to express their feelings instead of just pressing the back button and reading some other post. I got flack for my dyno results as well. Velos is offering an excellent product at a lower price then the other tuners and "us" customers all have had similar results and have had an exceptional experience dealing with them.
+1

It is what it is...

By no means was I trying to claim that I had the most powerful car here - that would be plain stupid. Was just trying to share my excitement with my car and the experience...nothing else.

For those of you with the nice comments, thank you - am enjoying in good health!

Last edited by AMGTTV8; 05-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
I read velos reply to propain and 1st thing I thought to myself was here we go again lol.

Congrats on the figures. Time to hit the track
Old 05-18-2012, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
I read velos reply to propain and 1st thing I thought to myself was here we go again lol.

Congrats on the figures. Time to hit the track
I see your name in a thread that i have posted in and i say. "There is my little fanboy right on schedule" lol
Old 05-19-2012, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
I see your name in a thread that i have posted in and i say. "There is my little fanboy right on schedule" lol
Lol that just killed it lol. Good come back
Old 05-19-2012, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Alright, downloaded the DynoJet software and re-opened the dyno run files and re-configured them to display with SAE correction and smoothing factor of 5.

Hopefully this will be more relevant on this forum.

Cheers,

Chris.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CHRIS 1ST DYNO RUNS.pdf (129.7 KB, 272 views)
Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Alright, downloaded the DynoJet software and re-opened the dyno run files and re-configured them to display with SAE correction and smoothing factor of 5.

Hopefully this will be more relevant on this forum.

Cheers,

Chris.

Relevant for anyone, not just this forum.

Great numbers. The torque curve looks really nice. Did you add any aftermarket filters and remove your charcoals?
Old 05-19-2012, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Relevant for anyone, not just this forum.

Great numbers. The torque curve looks really nice. Did you add any aftermarket filters and remove your charcoals?
Thanks - charcoals removed, K&N installed, and CLK63BS airboxes installed as well.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Thanks - charcoals removed, K&N installed, and CLK63BS airboxes installed as well.
Very cool. I didn't know the CLK63 BS airboxes were even an option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results - Velos Designwerks Tune