C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anyone received their oe tuning / euro charged portable programming device yet???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 e90 m3
Anyone received their oe tuning / euro charged portable programming device yet???

Just curious about the ease of installing the tune from the device into your car....

All reviews appreciated.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:03 PM

2012 C63 AMG coupe, 2010 Infiniti G37x
On the eurocharged website, there is a step by step installation procedure :

http://www.eurocharged.com/Euro_mygenius.pdf

It looks quite simple and similar to what I have used for Honda/Nissan/Toyota flashers (although those use a USB cable that connects direclty from computer to the ODB port so there's no "loading flashes" onto the device). In any case, if after those instructions you are still confused, I'm sure they will help you walk through the process.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:26 PM

C63
Mine should be arriving Thursday.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:20 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
According to my tracking number mine will arrive Friday.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:27 AM

2011 e90 m3
bumpz......

Would greatly appreciate any updates / reviews from you guys who might have gotten the hand held programmer.

How easy was installation?
Any error codes?
Any butt feel / dyno results?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Got mine (EC), pretty simple install..

Short version (doing this from memory so don't quote me 100%):

1. install software
2. plug it in and install driver
3. update both the software and MyGenius (it will always allow you to keep updating after relaunching the program.. basically i did it 8 times and figured it was good enough).
4. ID the car (see below).
5. download fpf file from device and send file to OE/EC/etc
6. upload vendor tune to device (and protocol file if needed)
7. flash ECU (see below).

[4] Basically you just turn the dash on and off when it tells you and you run through the menus.. When I read the FPF file from the car I got a "run the errors" message which I was told is normal and it's nothing to worry about..

Sent my file to Jerry, it had to be at least like 1am or something, and the next morning when i woke up the tuned file was in my inbox, along with the new protocol file that jerry recommended i use (i guess based on whatever data was in my FPF file)

[7] same process, turn the dash on and off and run through the menus.. at the point when it is actually writing to the ECU you'll get a vehicle inoperable message and the I guess engine fan will be blowing (i guess that's how you can tell that its working).

i can def feel a difference even coming from V1.. i know you're supposed to beat these up so they adapt properly but i didn't really get a chance to but during my regular work commute (no spirited driving yet) i can feel myself having to hold back a little on the throttle where i didn't have to before so there's definitely a little extra under the hood

two thumbs up

Last edited by drawde; 06-11-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 E500
Originally Posted by drawde
Got mine (EC), pretty simple install..

Short version (doing this from memory so don't quote me 100%):

1. install software
2. plug it in and install driver
3. update both the software and MyGenius (it will always allow you to keep updating after relaunching the program.. basically i did it 8 times and figured it was good enough).
4. ID the car (see below).
5. download fpf file from device and send file to OE/EC/etc
6. upload vendor tune to device (and protocol file if needed)
7. flash ECU (see below).

[4] Basically you just turn the dash on and off when it tells you and you run through the menus.. When I read the FPF file from the car I got a "run the errors" message which I was told is normal and it's nothing to worry about..

Sent my file to Jerry, it had to be at least like 1am or something, and the next morning when i woke up the tuned file was in my inbox, along with the new protocol file that jerry recommended i use (i guess based on whatever data was in my FPF file)

[7] same process, turn the dash on and off and run through the menus.. at the point when it is actually writing to the ECU you'll get a vehicle inoperable message and the I guess engine fan will be blowing (i guess that's how you can tell that its working).

i can def feel a difference even coming from V1.. i know you're supposed to beat these up so they adapt properly but i didn't really get a chance to but during my regular work commute (no spirited driving yet) i can feel myself having to hold back a little on the throttle where i didn't have to before so there's definitely a little extra under the hood

two thumbs up

So, that's JUST from an update? not from stock to tuned? that's impressive!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 PM

2007 E63
i got the run errors as well,but when i sent OE the file,it was fine.just got my files in the e-mail back from them and going to install tonight.

i had a guy at OE helping me out at midnight Friday night.i called the office around 9:00 just on the of chance someone was around and Brindsley i think was his name answered the phone and had to call the boss for some info and call me back.i didn't figure he would call back just because it was so late.but sure enough about midnight he called back(i told him to call anytime).he walked me through getting the file off the car and e-mailing it back to him.

it's a little tricky for me,but if you are very good on computers it will be easy.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:18 PM

2007 E63
duplicate

Last edited by masonh66; 07-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 PM

2011 AMG C63
I've been driving on the new Eurocharged flash tune for about a week now for 98 RON ( 93 US gas). My car is completely stock performance wise apart from tune.

For me, it's the increased part throttle response in the 2-4k rpm rev range I appreciate the most apart from the out power/torque increase. Now when driving in C mode, feels like I'm in S mode and lacks that slight hesitation in the stock factory tune.

I'm totally satisfied with the increased drive-ability and outright power. Went on a spirited drive over the weekend on a twisty mountain pass, all I can say is WOW with the new tune.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:58 PM

2008 E63, KTM990, 2012 CLS63, 1972 W108 280SE 4.5
Still waiting for mine