C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Rant - Hate Taking Car In For Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
Rant - Hate Taking Car In For Service

Took car in for 1800 mile LSD oil change. I hate taking the car in because they always seem to abuse it. A few actions I took as a precaution, I mounted a camera and put some cheap carpets on the floor.

Here are two videos from the service I had done today.

http://youtu.be/Ix-0LFd7bgU

http://youtu.be/3IIZkcaLJvs
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
I dont get it. "Dont get the car dirty." "I just washed my hands." Found a camera and a mic, this guy is recording us so lets make a sarcastic comment about burnouts...

Where is the egregious behavior?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
can anyone chime in regarding taking your car in for service with lth and a tune on it ?? will they comment/complain/scream at me :P kinda worried !
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
LOL btw to the OP .. funny *****s is all they are, next time just hide a mic, that's really all you need to know what happened while you were gone ! the full throttle will be obvious !
Other than that, the black SLR in the videos is sick, borat voice "BERRY NAAIIICE, HOWW MAACCHH?"
Old 08-17-2012, 12:00 AM

2009 C63 AMG Steel Gray
Reading this makes me concerned. I had an issue with "Check Tire Pressure" alert, and they resolved the issue and "test drove" the car 10 miles to make sure it didn't recur. They averaged 11Mpg, and I recently noticed tire flakes on my rear bumper (where the mud flap would be).

This has me concerned that they did more Joy than Test drive the car. I don't drive my car hard at all, and occasionally get some spin from a quick take off (maybe 10 times in 2.5 months). I'm suspecting the tire flakes were from their test drive. Next time you know I'll be taking a better look.

Camera/mic sounds like a good idea, but where do you get that, and how to install it? Also, why not mount it out the back window, assuming it's just temporary for monitoring valet and dealers.

Last edited by OCJeff; 08-17-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:06 AM

C63
Originally Posted by OCJeff
Reading this makes me concerned. I had an issue with "Check Tire Pressure" alert, and they resolved the issue and "test drove" the car 10 miles to make sure it didn't recur. They averaged 11Mpg, and I recently noticed tire flakes on my rear bumper (where the mud flap would be).

This has me concerned that they did more Joy than Test drive the car. I don't drive my car hard at all, and occasionally get some spin from a quick take off (maybe 10 times in 2.5 months). I'm suspecting the tire flakes were from their test drive. Next time you know I'll be taking a better look.

Camera/mic sounds like a good idea, but where do you get that, and how to install it?
Which dealer? I brought mine to Laguna Niguel and the guy drove my car like a sissy. I told him he needed to hammer it to see the tranny hang on an up shift into 5th, but he wouldn't do it. So I took over and drive her like I stole her.

They never did figure out the problem, but the tune fixed it.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:12 AM

2013 C63 Coup
Perhaps the next time you're in for service you should ask them to remove the stick up your ***. There was nothing wrong with the service.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 AM

2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by opala
Took car in for 1800 mile LSD oil change. I hate taking the car in because they always seem to abuse it. A few actions I took as a precaution, I mounted a camera and put some cheap carpets on the floor.

Here are two videos from the service I had done today.

http://youtu.be/Ix-0LFd7bgU

http://youtu.be/3IIZkcaLJvs
That reminds me. I'm at 1850 miles and need to get the LSD oil change as well. I believe it's a 2k mile service. Where did you get it done, and how much did it cost? I am thinking about going to MB of Laguna Niguel.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the videos show nothing bad at all IMO, I'm sure they have driven better and more powerful cars at the dealership. TC
Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
You guys crack me up.. ITS A CAR
Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by b16
You guys crack me up.. ITS A CAR
Lol, well put. I can understand some peoples' concerns, though. To each their own, esp since they paid for the car. Me personally, I don't worry too much about it, as long as they aren't slamming into potholes and bouncing off curbs. As you said, it is a car after all.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
The dealer couldnt drive the car as hard as me... I took the shop foreman out for a testdrive to show him a delay in shifting at WOT!! and ticking from what I tought was the LSD. I had him close to screaming in his seat after some high speed runs and drifts
Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
You got me in your corner on this one...(didn't watch the videos though)

I don't care if it's a car or a tomato being bagged at the grocery store. As long as I PAID for it, and it's mine, you treat it as I say and treat it the way I want.
I work hard for my belongings and anyone who has something to say can go F&&K themselves.

You tell the service manager exactly what you want to have done and how you want it done. If you don't get what you want, you rip them a new a55hole and make them understand they operate on your dime.

My guys here know to use latex gloves when inside the car, no test drive unless I am present, no wash, and nothing additional without my approval.

end.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

I don't care if it's a car or a tomato being bagged at the grocery store. As long as I PAID for it, and it's mine, you treat it as I say and treat it the way I want.
I work hard for my belongings and anyone who has something to say can go F&&K themselves.

You tell the service manager exactly what you want to have done and how you want it done. If you don't get what you want, you rip them a new a55hole and make them understand they operate on your dime.

My guys here know to use latex gloves when inside the car, no test drive unless I am present, no wash, and nothing additional without my approval.

end.
Thats what a BOSS says! GJ haha . they took my cds out my player.. i drove off and it said empty.... i got hella mad. cuz the mechanic was listening to it.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:51 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by c63edition1
can anyone chime in regarding taking your car in for service with lth and a tune on it ?? will they comment/complain/scream at me :P kinda worried !
i took my car for A service ... i told him 100 times about my tune.... it got deleted.............. if they touch the battery some reason it resets everything. car shifts so ****ing slow now. well when i had it. its in the body shop getting fixed
Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by farhadahmad
i took my car for A service ... i told him 100 times about my tune.... it got deleted.............. if they touch the battery some reason it resets everything. car shifts so ****ing slow now. well when i had it. its in the body shop getting fixed
they didn't touch your tune ... touching the battery does nothing.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Yes, only I get to drive like an a$$ in my car. Of course, driving the car hard is fine as long as they don't crash it, but I do not like hard launching over and over and avg 11mpg during their entire test drive since I paid for the gas. Moreover, wearing out the tires and guess who will be the one paying for it.

I will love to have one of those blackbox cam. I have read a thread on this forum about it but I'm not too thrille about the model listed.

I think I'll rather have a good indy do it so I get to keep an eye on it all the time. Yes, no need to wash it, either.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:48 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Cool replies everyone.

Lots of perspectives and opinions, great reading.

Many of the people that take their cars to this dealer wear their cars like a suit. There are so many high end, custom cars there that a C63 is boring. Some of those cars look like signs that show how big the owners egos are and how much money they have. The suits and some employees think of the C class as the Cheap class and the GLK is the Good Luck Kar.

Good luck when you all get your cars serviced.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
that was fletcher jones, they do an insane amount of service and we have always taken the three latter S classes there. but im gonna be nervous if i have to take my AMG in. All these guys are UTI grads who are lucky to work for mercs...hopefuuly they will respect ones car
Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by vmx128
That reminds me. I'm at 1850 miles and need to get the LSD oil change as well. I believe it's a 2k mile service. Where did you get it done, and how much did it cost? I am thinking about going to MB of Laguna Niguel.
1800 miles? I assume this is to be done when the car is new after break in? As in, one time?
Old 08-18-2012, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Originally Posted by opala

Many of the people that take their cars to this dealer wear their cars like a suit. There are so many high end, custom cars there that a C63 is boring.
Im not just saying this because I own a C63, but literally every time I have taken the car in for service at 2 diff dealerships one of the techs comes out of the back to tell me I have the best car AMG ever made, it's the most fun to toss around, best balance of agility and power, not the most expensive but the most fun, etc etc. They totally dig the C.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
1800 miles? I assume this is to be done when the car is new after break in? As in, one time?
Yep, at or before 2k. I think I paid $120 when my 09 needed it, and $200 for the 2012 (diff dealer, didnt argue it as they did some other stuff complimentary).
Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

end.
^This x 63
Old 08-18-2012, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Im not just saying this because I own a C63, but literally every time I have taken the car in for service at 2 diff dealerships one of the techs comes out of the back to tell me I have the best car AMG ever made, it's the most fun to toss around, best balance of agility and power, not the most expensive but the most fun, etc etc. They totally dig the C.
Same here, I took it in and all the service people were excited and tossing around jokes like "can I borrow your car for the weekend". I was surprised, given that they have all the other AMG on the lot too.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
In Ohio, dealer loves my C63, in S. Fla. my CLS 63 is just another car at the dealership. I think I know why.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rant - Hate Taking Car In For Service