Sponsored by:

Rant - Hate Taking Car In For Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
thing is... currently we can say that the C63 is the lowest in the AMG totem pole but we really cant overlook the fact that the C63 is one of the best cars to drive in the MB lineup. Although the dealers see lots of them, they still love taking our cars out.

for instance, most of the guys in the back of the MB dealer knows my car once I pull into the lot. remember we are just a fraction of the greater MB community, just putting some aftermarket parts on our cars gets them all jitty. You guys wont believe how many comments i get from them just cause I changed my side markers lol... they are tired of looking at the orange blemish as much as we are
Old 08-20-2012, 01:48 AM

C63, 335i
That was a smart thing to do. Based on what the mechanic said, I'd be wondering what the mechanics have done in terms of "testing" with other customer cars. Had they not noticed the recording camera, I'm sure they would have done something reckless with a car that does not belong to them.

You should let the service manager, salesman, and sales manager know about this because personally I would not want my car used as a shuttle for the employees. They have their own loaner cars and used inventory for that. You might even be able to get something out of it like a free service or something. Also make sure they know that you can take your business elsewhere if this continues.

Personally I just remember the mileage my car goes in at and comes out at and if it's anything more than 2 or 3 miles I question them about it because they are just moving the car around the dealership and it shouldn't be racking up miles. one time I got it back with almost 20 miles more than I sent it in with and their excuse was they found the brakes squeaky so they tried to fix it.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by black-clk500
^This x 63
I am sooooo glad we finally agree on something and have at least one thing in common.... good to hear!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 PM

10' C63, 99' 4Runner 250K miles!
Originally Posted by SM-AMG
That was a smart thing to do. Based on what the mechanic said, I'd be wondering what the mechanics have done in terms of "testing" with other customer cars. Had they not noticed the recording camera, I'm sure they would have done something reckless with a car that does not belong to them.

You should let the service manager, salesman, and sales manager know about this because personally I would not want my car used as a shuttle for the employees. They have their own loaner cars and used inventory for that. You might even be able to get something out of it like a free service or something. Also make sure they know that you can take your business elsewhere if this continues.

Personally I just remember the mileage my car goes in at and comes out at and if it's anything more than 2 or 3 miles I question them about it because they are just moving the car around the dealership and it shouldn't be racking up miles. one time I got it back with almost 20 miles more than I sent it in with and their excuse was they found the brakes squeaky so they tried to fix it.

I had my car in for service recently; reset the trip meters and checked the mileage. They drove it less than a mile (I wonder if the bald rear tires with cords showing had anything to do with no test drive ), but the timers indicated that the engine had been running for over an hour and half even though the car was only driven a half mile or so. I don't trust those guys to be good to my car.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:11 AM

C63 amg
Don't you guys interact with the same service tech every time you go in? In MB Boston or Atlanta it is literally the same guy who you had last time.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:35 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Z63amg
Don't you guys interact with the same service tech every time you go in? In MB Boston or Atlanta it is literally the same guy who you had last time.
Z63amg, that's a great idea!

There's over 20 SA's at this dealer.

I'll post the question to the forum and find out which SA everyone is using at Fletcher Jones Newport Beach. Maybe there's one or two SA's that are better for AMG's.

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2012, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
i deal with the same service advisor at my dealership but not the same tech handles the car each time... unless it's the same issue or related... then the tech stays the same until it's handled...

i'm sure you watched the whole series of videos... but it's hard to tell from the 2 short clips if they were actually using it for shuttling employees around... or if the tech or valet had to go in that direction anyway, and someone wanted to bum a ride in a nice car... this is very minor to me...

i know what i drive and i drive spirited sometimes as well... and as long as the car has been warmed up... i dont' mind if a tech drives it a little spirited if necessary... as long as it's not overboard... and i have yet to see that from a tech...

but i have seen valets get a little overly excited and put the car in neutral and give it some revs while they are trying to deliver the car to the next destination within the dealership... now that bothers me since i know the car wasn't warmed up and they are revving it up for enjoyment... i find that to be disrespectful...

when it comes to mileage on the car... my dealership parks most of the cars being serviced on the roof of their 3-4 floor garage... so i know it makes many trips up and down if necessary... and that can easily rack up a few miles...
Old 09-22-2012, 03:35 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by BerBer63
they didn't touch your tune ... touching the battery does nothing.
Are u sure? i heard if u take out the battery it resets everything?? happened to few guys already.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
07 M6 | 09 RX-8 | 07 LGT Wagon | 17 Bolt
Mercedes service employees are very enthusiastic about cars. I think that's good.

The mic in the car is a smart idea for those who suspect the car might get joy ridden.
Just be glad its a good car that can handle it.

If the dealer is machine washing then definitely pass on the wash and/or find a better dealer.
Worth taking a look around the back lot to see how they wash the cars.