3th gear problem, mabye

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C220 CDI 2016
3th gear problem, mabye

Hey guys I have a problem

I have noticed that when driving in automatic mode I have a slip or something like that then the gearbox goes from 2 to 3rd gear. Just like it doesnt engage direct and slips for a sec or two then drops in 3rd gear.

Whats strange is that its just in 3rd gear and not when driving in M mode.

And its just when going about ~40-60% throttel not at wot.
Hard to describe but I can see that it goes in 3rd gear but it takes a sek or two before it engage to a 100%. Can see it on the rev meter, it goes up and as soon as the gear drops in 100% it goes down a bit.
Only happens in the 3rd gear and not in wot!

Weird

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by Yamdan; 06-26-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Since I am guessing English is not your primary language.. you get a pass (ps it is 3rd not 3th)

Also, I have noticed something similar on mine even at WOT, and the dealer cannot seem to find a fault. When I go wide open in 2nd or 3rd, the engine winds up and bounces off the rev limiter before the gear changes engage properly...
Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 AM

C220 CDI 2016
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Since I am guessing English is not your primary language.. you get a pass (ps it is 3rd not 3th)

Also, I have noticed something similar on mine even at WOT, and the dealer cannot seem to find a fault. When I go wide open in 2nd or 3rd, the engine winds up and bounces off the rev limiter before the gear changes engage properly...

So true... Swedish ;-)

Ok Im not alone.... but would be intressting to know why it does this
Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63, 11 Cayenne S
Just a thought...if your in normal mode or with sport mode sometimes it doesn't spin the tire and kinda hesitates for a bit, is this what your talking about? A quick check is to take traction completely off and hit the pedal, if you find it still hesitates or slips take it to your dealer. If not it could be Traction getting funky on it.

This use to happen to me as well, but it cane down to the dsp being a little slow to figure out what the car wanted to do, if you get what I'm saying.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
if it is not the traction issue as shades was saying, it sounds to me you need a tune 2nd to 3rd gear on our c63s is very slow and lags (many people have commented about this).... a tune really helped my car as this 'lag' was really annoying me aswell. now it pulls like a train through all the gears. Couldnt be happier
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 AM

C220 CDI 2016
Originally Posted by shades
Just a thought...if your in normal mode or with sport mode sometimes it doesn't spin the tire and kinda hesitates for a bit, is this what your talking about? A quick check is to take traction completely off and hit the pedal, if you find it still hesitates or slips take it to your dealer. If not it could be Traction getting funky on it.

This use to happen to me as well, but it cane down to the dsp being a little slow to figure out what the car wanted to do, if you get what I'm saying.

I will try that as soon as I get back in the car again. I think it still is there but will check again
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 AM

C220 CDI 2016
Originally Posted by Fung63
if it is not the traction issue as shades was saying, it sounds to me you need a tune 2nd to 3rd gear on our c63s is very slow and lags (many people have commented about this).... a tune really helped my car as this 'lag' was really annoying me aswell. now it pulls like a train through all the gears. Couldnt be happier

Already tuned :-)
Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by Yamdan
Already tuned :-)
which tune did you go for?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:03 AM

C220 CDI 2016
Originally Posted by Fung63
which tune did you go for?

I have Kleemann Headquater (Denmark) just 30min from where I live so ended up with them.
I live just at the border between Sweden and Denmark so they had the best reputation and closest to me.

Was quite intresting to see the Kleemann facilitys. Their SC kit is very impressive but bloody expencive.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by Yamdan
Hey guys I have a problem

I have noticed that when driving in automatic mode I have a slip or something like that then the gearbox goes from 2 to 3rd gear. Just like it doesnt engage direct and slips for a sec or two then drops in 3rd gear.

Whats strange is that its just in 3rd gear and not when driving in M mode.

And its just when going about ~40-60% throttel not at wot.
Hard to describe but I can see that it goes in 3rd gear but it takes a sek or two before it engage to a 100%. Can see it on the rev meter, it goes up and as soon as the gear drops in 100% it goes down a bit.
Only happens in the 3rd gear and not in wot!

Weird

Has anyone else noticed this?

I had something similar. I unhooked battery, hard reset of electronics. You can also do a direct reset of transmission ecu but it did help me specifically until I did battery. Drive car a bit to re adapt. Sometimes cold temp will do the same with the tranny.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:08 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Mine does the same thing LOL, 3rd gear goes all the way to 7 grand...Sometimes I wonder if it's gonna drop the tranny out of the car or not but **** it right ..smiles per miles..Does yours slam in pretty hard? Mine does, but it only does this when I legit floor it off the line..which I'm guessing you did because it's hard not to.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:10 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
[QUOTE=shades;5693119]Just a thought...if your in normal mode or with sport mode sometimes it doesn't spin the tire and kinda hesitates for a bit, is this what your talking about? A quick check is to take traction completely off and hit the pedal, if you find it still hesitates or slips take it to your dealer. If not it could be Traction getting funky on it.

Hahaha...Just be careful..I turned my ESP to OFF..floored it and I ended up laying a bit of rubber before I noticed ..who knew?
Old 09-17-2013, 07:02 AM

C220 CDI 2016
Well been driving back and forward with and without ESP on and without ESP no slipping in 3rd gear but as soon as I get the ESP on again it slips for a sek and just in the 3rd gear.
Doesent matter if its in C or S mode. Manual mode there is no problem either.

What the f--k is this????

Are there any updates for the Esp for the 2009 models or?