Sponsored by:

Any decent CF rear diffusers out there for cheap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Any decent CF rear diffusers out there for cheap

Just wondering if there is anything out there for around 250 that is a good fit / finish.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Check ebay.
Facelift of pre-FL?
Old 07-30-2014, 09:45 PM

C63 AMG
Pre. I saw the one by 3amotor that seems to get good reviews but figured I would ask and maybe find a big fin in the process.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,678 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I know it's only cosmetic, but it amazes me that people want to put a cheap Chinese-made $250 "carbon" diffuser on their $90k Merc. Go to ModeCarbon - their stuff is more expensive, but they are genuine carbon fiber throughout, beautifully made, fit is perfect, and made in the USA.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:57 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I know it's only cosmetic, but it amazes me that people want to put a cheap Chinese-made $250 "carbon" diffuser on their $90k Merc. Go to ModeCarbon - their stuff is more expensive, but they are genuine carbon fiber throughout, beautifully made, fit is perfect, and made in the USA.

Not to start some trash talking but because it is purely cosmetic, does it truly matter what the overall construction of it is, if it fits well and finish is on point. Also, the good 'Chinese ones' are not from China, they are from Taiwan as most resellers of them here in the states actually get their products from. This is mostly true for both front a rear diffusers/lips.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Sanders27
Not to start some trash talking but because it is purely cosmetic, does it truly matter what the overall construction of it is, if it fits well and finish is on point. Also, the good 'Chinese ones' are not from China, they are from Taiwan as most resellers of them here in the states actually get their products from. This is mostly true for both front a rear diffusers/lips.
I kind of agree with this.

I always thought, especially for the cosmetic stuff (carbon fiber mirrors, front lips, diffusers, spoilers etc) that have no real value of being actual carbon fiber, why spend so much extra money as long as fit and finish are up to par with the cheaper stuff?

Now when it comes to actual performance related parts, such as rims for example, getting a lighter, stronger forged rim as opposed to a cheaper rim can make a difference on performance as well as longevity of the part.

But for the cosmetic stuff as long as it looks good, I do believe its a whatever floats your boat type of deal.

Personally I am going to get the Mode Carbon pieces, mainly because I like the looks and the finish is superior to the other products out there. (and they are the only ones that have a carbon fiber facelift front splitter [not a full lip, just that little gloss black oem one we have])
Old 07-31-2014, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,678 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
I get what you're both saying, and that's why I prefaced it with the word cosmetic. I don't know, for not a whole lot more you can have something that has been tried and tested in this community. That counts for a lot. We have all heard stories about the eBay "carbon fiber" stuff - carbon delaminating, fading, cracking, peeling, metal tabs that don't fit, not full CF but bonded junk, etc. We've heard success stories too. Just saying that I'd rather have piece of mind that none of this is going to happen, and if anything does, that the ModeCarbon guys will pick up the phone and resolve whatever the issue is.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
I think the materials do matter. I would want to compliment a high end car with quality parts.

Why buy a Rolex when you can get a knock off that looks exactly like it?
Old 07-31-2014, 07:22 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
I think the materials do matter. I would want to compliment a high end car with quality parts.

Way different... This would be like having a Rolex already and buying a diamond bezel that is not Rolex due to markup that doesn't change anything but appearance.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by -Marlin-

Because it's cheaper is the first answer that comes to mind. TC
Old 07-31-2014, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
I agree that brand or price doesn't reflect quality.

I have an eBay rear skirts extension , and the fit & finish is as good as my Revozport sideskirts.. Only difference is the brand name & price tag. At the end of the day they are all built in China or Taiwan.

Oh, my genuine Vorsteiner diffuser is not perfect fit.. CF parts are a hit or miss.