C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

DISCLAIMER ABOUT: THE OFFICIAL AMGfest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w215 - CL55 w/stage III
AMGfest

AMGfest is NOT affiliated with the Las Vegas meet that a fellow member has planned ...

A little of the backstory - back in Sept 2014 I created AMGfest FB Group with the intention of hosting the very 1st Annual AMGfest in 2015 -- This member joined my group in Mar 2015 and by the end of Mar he started planning a meet using our name AMGfest and purchased a domain with such name -- I find sad that someone would do such a thing.

We will be hosting THE OFFICIAL AMGfest later this year - the date and location will be announced once our sponsors have been secured.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I also want to thank those that have joined our group, If you'd like to join see the link below. Thx!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AMGfest/

Last edited by mguerrero; 05-21-2015 at 10:47 AM. Reason: update
Old 05-19-2015, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Seems to me that someone took the initiative and tried to set up a meet quicker than you did. So what's the problem...official unofficial...if you're not giving away goodies than your post doesn't mean squat to anyone, people love meets and meeting people, not about how official the get together is, just saying...
Old 05-19-2015, 09:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w215 - CL55 w/stage III
Originally Posted by MaroonC63
Seems to me that someone took the initiative and tried to set up a meet quicker than you did. So what's the problem...official unofficial...if you're not giving away goodies than your post doesn't mean squat to anyone, people love meets and meeting people, not about how official the get together is, just saying...
cool story bro ....
Old 05-19-2015, 09:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 c63 coupe
AMGfest's

we have been doing meets like that for years up here in Canada.

Over 125 MB's coming out to our last meet

@mbtruenorth
Old 05-19-2015, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
Thanks for spaming the entire AMG section with this. You are not a business owner nor have you any true vested interest in the AMGFest name other than starting a facebook page. Which has only 180 members.

Originally Posted by mguerrero
AMGfest is NOT affiliated with the Las Vegas meet that a fellow member ROLLNNN has planned ...

A little of the backstory - back in Sept 2014 I created AMGfest FB Group with the intention of hosting the very 1st Annual AMGfest in 2015 -- This member joined my group in Mar 2015 and by the end of Mar he started planning a meet using our name AMGfest and purchased a domain with such name -- I find sad that someone would do such a thing.

We will be hosting THE OFFICIAL AMGfest later this year - the date and location will be announced once our sponsors have been secured.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I also want to thank those that have joined our group, If you'd like to join see the link below. Thx!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AMGfest/
Old 05-19-2015, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Get out of here.

Unnecessary drama for absolutely no reason whatsoever. You clearly don't know how the law works.

You started a Facebook Group. A FACEBOOK GROUP. Just because you started a Facebook Group doesn't mean you own a trademark to the name AMGfest, nor have common law trademark rights been conferred to you. Have you used the mark in interstate commerce? What goods/services have you used it on? I'd love to see someone argue that a Facebook Group constitutes use in commerce.

No offense to both parties, but the name AMGfest isn't the most original or creative name out there. It's obviously a play on M-Fest and all the other car "fests" there are.

The trademark AMG is not owned by ANY of you guys. It is owned by Daimler AG. Adding "fest" to the back of it doesn't change things, nor does it make it a valid trademark that can be owned by any party other than Daimler AG.

Even assuming arguendo that someone could own the rights to the name AMGfest, what does your Facebook Group do? Nothing. At least they've been using the mark on an actual event and I'd say that they've used it in commerce way more than you have and if they could own the rights, they'd be in a better position than you.

One can further argue that the mark is descriptive of a festival for AMG owners/vehicles. Much like how there's an M-Fest as well for BMW M owners (also not affiliated with BMW M GmbH). You can't obtain a trademark on descriptive wording.

Those are my 2 cents.

As a moderator on MBW, you've spammed the community with this stupid post over and over again in different AMG sections. I've issued you an infraction. I am warning you that if you do it again, you will be banned. I am CLOSING all your threads but this one. I am also closing your other spam threads about your group.

Also, as an individual, who has an AMG and was in your group for a few days, I left that childish group and I will encourage people not to join. Have fun.

Last edited by nlpamg; 05-19-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
I'm cleaning up all the threads that you started.

Please see a screen capture of your threads.

You may not view it as spam, but it sure looks like to me.
Attached Thumbnails DISCLAIMER ABOUT: THE OFFICIAL AMGfest-screen-shot-2015-05-19-10.00.15-pm.png   DISCLAIMER ABOUT: THE OFFICIAL AMGfest-screen-shot-2015-05-19-10.00.32-pm.png  
Old 05-20-2015, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
This is a great post mguerrero thanks, i really needed a good laugh. And thank you for posting it in every subforum. You are correct with one thing. MBjunkies is not affiliated with "The official amgfest" facebook page. We affiliate ourselves with true MB/AMG enthusiasts. Not people who create a FB page and think they are god's gift to AMG. We have partnered with many well known MB/AMG organizations, tuners and clubs. Many who are sponsors on this forum.

What have you done for the enthusiasts anyway? Did you really create the name and produce the official amgfest? Last I saw, someone threw an amgfest a few years ago on the east coast, but wait you came up with that right? lol.

What if i showed you MBjunkies.com was almost called AMGfest.com to emulate Mfest(hey Chris throws a good event) would you tell everyone that was your idea too? We have been waiting for the right time to do something like mfest and call it amgfest. It was planned last year, that we would do not only Mercedes Madness in Socal, but a big event in Las Vegas.

Yes I did join your fb group when i saw it. I was really hoping someone else was going to throw another huge event for us enthusiasts, but after months of nothing, we decided to move forward with our plans. Did we steal the name from you? No and if you think we did, your delirious.

Nobody is saying you can't still throw your "official amgfest" by all means do it and good luck I hope it does well. I'll even promote it on our FB and IG page, like we do for all other MB events. Because unlike you, we don't seek the glory for events, we just want to make sure they happen...
Old 05-20-2015, 01:13 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Roland is a true Mercedes enthusiast if I've ever met one. He's certainly not looking to capitalize on the "MFest" franchise like you seem to be...
Old 05-20-2015, 01:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
LOL preach nlpamg! You know i get all excited when i hear words like "interstate commerce!"
Old 05-20-2015, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
You're the official one cause you started the AMGfest FB Group, you think you started this first???? Hahaha.. have you seen ROLLNNN's AMGfest Myspace Group?
Old 05-20-2015, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
I think it's great that people are passionate about organizing events. The MB community really needs more people willing to do what it takes to have events geared to the unique demographic of AMG/MB owners. I've been attending, planning, organizing, funding and being the janitor for many years, probably too many if you ask the wifey... I have also seen my share of members over the years who tried, create the hype and never follow thru and bam nothing. I believe you should never leave a fellow MB enthusiast with blue *****.
Cheers to All-in an "unofficial" (depending who you ask) AMGfest event and hopefully the "official" (depending who's FB group you joined) AMGfest to follow sometime this year...

Btw I disliked the AMGfest name from the get go due to lack of creativity like Phil mentioned and out of respect to Mfest/Chris. But I get no say being just the janitor and all.

Last edited by MiKeSSw203; 05-20-2015 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK Cabrio
This is ond of those times i really wish we had a like post button.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK Cabrio
Wow what an ***!

just saw this on the FB page.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well you can obviously see how much of an enthusiast this guy is.

All good though, let him do his thing. We really have nothing to worry about...
Old 05-20-2015, 02:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by mguerrero
cool story bro ....
Thanks. Looks like people enjoyed mine more than yours.

Lol at his fb post. Get off our forum bro. No Benz in your display picture? Naaaaaaaaa man naaa!!!

Last edited by MaroonC63; 05-20-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:44 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Where's OP???
Old 05-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
E55K, Black on Black. C63, Black on Black. SRT-10 NightRunner 363of400
Originally Posted by MJ50

+63
Old 05-20-2015, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I'm cleaning up all the threads that you started.

Please see a screen capture of your threads.

You may not view it as spam, but it sure looks like to me.

THANKS MODS!!

Would have been funny to leave the threads in say the R63 and SLR forum and delete the from the other (more frequented) forums.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
Probably like

Old 05-20-2015, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by sick430
This is ond of those times i really wish we had a like post button.
This.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cornerjunkie
Where's OP???

I heard he got mad so he created the facebook page "The official Bimmerfest" He now says that the Bimmerfest going on this Saturday in Fontana is a "fake" event, they stole his name and is now urging his flock not to attend.

jk thats not true, lol.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:11 AM

Cls55
Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
This is a great post mguerrero thanks, i really needed a good laugh. And thank you for posting it in every subforum. You are correct with one thing. MBjunkies is not affiliated with "The official amgfest" facebook page. We affiliate ourselves with true MB/AMG enthusiasts. Not people who create a FB page and think they are god's gift to AMG. We have partnered with many well known MB/AMG organizations, tuners and clubs. Many who are sponsors on this forum.

What have you done for the enthusiasts anyway? Did you really create the name and produce the official amgfest? Last I saw, someone threw an amgfest a few years ago on the east coast, but wait you came up with that right? lol.

What if i showed you MBjunkies.com was almost called AMGfest.com to emulate Mfest(hey Chris throws a good event) would you tell everyone that was your idea too? We have been waiting for the right time to do something like mfest and call it amgfest. It was planned last year, that we would do not only Mercedes Madness in Socal, but a big event in Las Vegas.

Yes I did join your fb group when i saw it. I was really hoping someone else was going to throw another huge event for us enthusiasts, but after months of nothing, we decided to move forward with our plans. Did we steal the name from you? No and if you think we did, your delirious.

Nobody is saying you can't still throw your "official amgfest" by all means do it and good luck I hope it does well. I'll even promote it on our FB and IG page, like we do for all other MB events. Because unlike you, we don't seek the glory for events, we just want to make sure they happen...
We'll said Sir , I'am still trying to clear time to attend, as I'am in So Cal
And this would be my first event......OP you should be a little more open minded and promote for the love of the sport and growing it , rather then selfish intentions... I've never had the chance to meet either person, but based on this I look forward to meeting Rollnnn at some point and shaking his hand for his effort in making this event happen...if I don't see you guys have a great time.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
I heard he got mad so he created the facebook page "The official Bimmerfest" He now says that the Bimmerfest going on this Saturday in Fontana is a "fake" event, they stole his name and is now urging his flock not to attend.

jk thats not true, lol.

This was my favorite post of the day.

Until I got to the jk. I was actually about to head over to facebook to see for myself but you ruined my fun all in the same post. Damn you you AMGfest name stealing beeotch

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.