Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OE tune installed but no HP gain !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 c63
Question OE tune installed but no HP gain !!!

HeyEveryone

I just wanted to share with you all my experience with tuning my C63. I have a2013 C63 AMG that is completely stock, except from the secondary cats that havebeen deleted. The car has about 26XXX miles on it now. So after extensivereading and research about tunes from different performance dealers I found outthat OE tuning had a good reputation and the best results/gains.

After reading for a while about tunes, I decided to give OE tuning a call andsee what they have to offer. The customer service was outstanding and they didbear with me despite the ton of questions I laid on them. They answered all myinquiries to the fullest and then I decided to order the tune. Made thepurchase and 4 days later I received the (My genius) device. I followed theexact procedure that I was instructed by the folks in OE Tuning and I got themthe reading of the stock file and mailed it to them. Little after Jeremy sentme the tune file.

The next morning I decided to drive to a nearby town (60 miles away) becausethat was the closest dyno shop to where I live. After I had arrived to the dynoshop, I had the car strapped on the dyno and popped the hood and left it off onthe dyno for about 30 minutes to cool down. 30-35 minutes later I started thecar and did the first pull. The results was 393 rwhp. My car isjust a regular C63 not a performance pack or 507 edition or anything. I was okwith the numbers as they reflected the stock file and assured me that theengine is healthy according to the dyno graph. So I shut the car off let itcool down and meanwhile uploaded the performance map and let it sit for a whileto cool down (about 30 minutes). Fired her up and did the pull and the resultwas devastating. I only gained 8 rwhp. Beforeshutting the car off I did another pull and it was again the exact same result.Temperature during the dyno pulls were around 75F. So after the 2ndpull with the performance map I decided to shut off the car and let it cooldown for about 30 minutes. Fired her up again after the 30 minutes and did onefinal pull and it was the almost same number. 8 hp to the wheel increase only. Idecided to call it a day and drive back to my town and left the performance mapon there, figured maybe the car needed to get used on the map first before itactually reflect any performance enhancements. An hour driving later I called afriend who has a bolt ons Lexus ISF and wanted to go for a run with him see ifthe tune made any difference. Shockingly the outcome of the race between us wasthe exact same when I was running stock map. The only thing that I gained fromthe tune that OE Tuning sent me was that the 155 MPH speed limiter was removed.
i have done a before and after acceleration but unfortunately there is no difference except the speed limiter removal
I read online that usually with the tunes that you could actually feel theperformance and the throttle response and the paddle shifters response timesare shortened. None of that was noticed except like I mentioned, speed limiterwas removed which tells me the files were downloaded correctly.

The next day I gave OE Tuning a call and explained everything that happened andthey suggested to check the air filters as the climate in the Middle East canbe dusty sometimes and to send them the “.drf” files from the dyno so they candiagnose what the problem was. I checked the air filters to see if they werepossible clogged but they were fine as I recently serviced the car 4000 milesago, plus I don’t usually take the car out if the weather is bad.

Tonight I am going back to the dyno to get the files the folks at OE as requestedfrom me, but I just wanted to tell the whole story and see if someone ever hadthe same problem that I do now. If so, how did you go about fixing it? Pleaseany input will be much appreciated.

this is the dyno graph for stock file VS tuned file

Regards,
Saeed
Old 03-14-2016, 01:11 AM

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts
2009 C63 P30, 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8(RIP)
....subbed
Old 03-14-2016, 01:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63 P31 coupe
Old 03-14-2016, 03:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 C63 Coupe
Based on the graph, my guess is that the tune was not properly loaded. You should see a difference around the 5k rpm range, when the throttle bodies open up. There shouldn't be a dip or plateau, which is what is showing on both pulls in your chart.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by deanmc
Based on the graph, my guess is that the tune was not properly loaded. You should see a difference around the 5k rpm range, when the throttle bodies open up. There shouldn't be a dip or plateau, which is what is showing on both pulls in your chart.
Listen to this man
Old 03-14-2016, 07:50 AM

2013 c63
Originally Posted by deanmc

i am pretty sure the tune has been downloaded successfully because speed limiter has been removed and the AFR has been changed from 12.1 to 12.9.
anyway i am going to send them the requested file today and hope to figure it out.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Good luck!
Subbed.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:29 AM

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2019 911 GTS / 2016 X3 / 2015 E63s / 1993 RX-7
What type of fuel are you using?
Old 03-14-2016, 01:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
393whp in stock form is very strong for any C63.

Are you the only owner of the car or is this a used vehicle? Reason I ask is there may have been a tune on it already. My car stock dynoed in the low 370's. So 393whp stock is rather stout without being a p31 or a 507.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:19 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
E63S AMG
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze
393whp in stock form is very strong for any C63.

Are you the only owner of the car or is this a used vehicle? Reason I ask is there may have been a tune on it already. My car stock dynoed in the low 370's. So 393whp stock is rather stout without being a p31 or a 507.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe the previous owner has an EC tune, so when the OE tune was loaded it only gained 8whp over the EC.

I know it is easier said than done, but I would try not to get too caught up in the numbers here. Most people would be very happy with a base (non P31, 507 or BS) C63 making over 400whp with tune.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:44 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by alamoudis2
HeyEveryone

I just wanted to share with you all my experience with tuning my C63. I have a2013 C63 AMG that is completely stock, except from the secondary cats that havebeen deleted. The car has about 26XXX miles on it now. So after extensivereading and research about tunes from different performance dealers I found outthat OE tuning had a good reputation and the best results/gains.

After reading for a while about tunes, I decided to give OE tuning a call andsee what they have to offer. The customer service was outstanding and they didbear with me despite the ton of questions I laid on them. They answered all myinquiries to the fullest and then I decided to order the tune. Made thepurchase and 4 days later I received the (My genius) device. I followed theexact procedure that I was instructed by the folks in OE Tuning and I got themthe reading of the stock file and mailed it to them. Little after Jeremy sentme the tune file.

The next morning I decided to drive to a nearby town (60 miles away) becausethat was the closest dyno shop to where I live. After I had arrived to the dynoshop, I had the car strapped on the dyno and popped the hood and left it off onthe dyno for about 30 minutes to cool down. 30-35 minutes later I started thecar and did the first pull. The results was 393 rwhp. My car isjust a regular C63 not a performance pack or 507 edition or anything. I was okwith the numbers as they reflected the stock file and assured me that theengine is healthy according to the dyno graph. So I shut the car off let itcool down and meanwhile uploaded the performance map and let it sit for a whileto cool down (about 30 minutes). Fired her up and did the pull and the resultwas devastating. I only gained 8 rwhp. Beforeshutting the car off I did another pull and it was again the exact same result.Temperature during the dyno pulls were around 75F. So after the 2ndpull with the performance map I decided to shut off the car and let it cooldown for about 30 minutes. Fired her up again after the 30 minutes and did onefinal pull and it was the almost same number. 8 hp to the wheel increase only. Idecided to call it a day and drive back to my town and left the performance mapon there, figured maybe the car needed to get used on the map first before itactually reflect any performance enhancements. An hour driving later I called afriend who has a bolt ons Lexus ISF and wanted to go for a run with him see ifthe tune made any difference. Shockingly the outcome of the race between us wasthe exact same when I was running stock map. The only thing that I gained fromthe tune that OE Tuning sent me was that the 155 MPH speed limiter was removed.
i have done a before and after acceleration but unfortunately there is no difference except the speed limiter removal
I read online that usually with the tunes that you could actually feel theperformance and the throttle response and the paddle shifters response timesare shortened. None of that was noticed except like I mentioned, speed limiterwas removed which tells me the files were downloaded correctly.

The next day I gave OE Tuning a call and explained everything that happened andthey suggested to check the air filters as the climate in the Middle East canbe dusty sometimes and to send them the “.drf” files from the dyno so they candiagnose what the problem was. I checked the air filters to see if they werepossible clogged but they were fine as I recently serviced the car 4000 milesago, plus I don’t usually take the car out if the weather is bad.

Tonight I am going back to the dyno to get the files the folks at OE as requestedfrom me, but I just wanted to tell the whole story and see if someone ever hadthe same problem that I do now. If so, how did you go about fixing it? Pleaseany input will be much appreciated.

this is the dyno graph for stock file VS tuned file

Regards,
Saeed
This dyno does not look characteristic of a tuned file. Your power dies uptop. As advised for all GCC vehicles, fine sand clogs up airfilters and caused power to fall uptop. This is not normal and we advise getting this looked at.
Filter, sensor or other hardware are most likely killing power.
The following 2 users liked this post by SALES@OETUNING:
mthis (03-15-2016), sick430 (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 911 Likes on 641 Posts
E63S | X5
One of two things is happening here.

1. The file didn't load successfully. You say the 155mph and such was removed, but OE is here saying the graph up top does not look how it should.

OR

2. You bought a used car with a tune already on it.

Generally speaking, 393whp on a stock c63 (especially a base model) is pretty high. However, I don't want to get caught up on numbers alone because as we all know dyno's can read all over the place and are really a tool for measuring gains.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:57 PM

2013 c63
Originally Posted by kjkidd21
I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe the previous owner has an EC tune, so when the OE tune was loaded it only gained 8whp over the EC.

I know it is easier said than done, but I would try not to get too caught up in the numbers here. Most people would be very happy with a base (non P31, 507 or BS) C63 making over 400whp with tune.
Thank you for your input sir.

I am the only and first owner to this car so there is no chance that the vehicle has been tuned before. As for the number and after contacting few friends they told me that the dyno shop that I went to their rollers usually give higher numbers than other dyno jets. Anyways the only thing that I care about are the before/after numbers. There isn't much change here.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:05 AM

2013 c63
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
This dyno does not look characteristic of a tuned file. Your power dies uptop. As advised for all GCC vehicles, fine sand clogs up airfilters and caused power to fall uptop. This is not normal and we advise getting this looked at.
Filter, sensor or other hardware are most likely killing power.
Hello Jeremy,

The dyno graph shown is the stock file vs the performance file and it shows minimal gains. As I have mentioned to you in my email sir, I have followed all the steps you asked me to do in an approach to solve this problem. I have cleaned the filters and checked that they were sealed properly. I highly doubt that there is anything wrong with the spark plugs as the car has roughly 26000 miles on it and the last service was done 4000 miles ago and according the mercedes benz service advisor my engine is in an excellent shape.

I will contact you tomorrow morning to solve this matter.

Best
Old 03-15-2016, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
According to that graph, your car isn't tuned.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:08 AM

2013 c63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
One of two things is happening here.

1. The file didn't load successfully. You say the 155mph and such was removed, but OE is here saying the graph up top does not look how it should.

OR

2. You bought a used car with a tune already on it.

Generally speaking, 393whp on a stock c63 (especially a base model) is pretty high. However, I don't want to get caught up on numbers alone because as we all know dyno's can read all over the place and are really a tool for measuring gains.

Thanks for the input sir,

1. The file was downloaded successfully according to the My genius device and folks at OE tuning told me that if the speed limiter was removed that means the file has been successfully downloaded.

2. The car was purchased new at my local dealership so I don't think it was tuned before.

Again thanks for comment

Saeed
Old 03-15-2016, 12:10 AM

2013 c63
Originally Posted by Thor2j
I was one of the few who has had problems. For whatever reason my EC tune would not take. Went through the whole process and no change, had it on dyno. Results were identical with stock or v4, same limiter at 5200rpm. The only thing that changed was the top speed limiter. Was on the phone many times with EC and they were very polite, but beyond sending a new file and reprogramming nothing much they could do over telephone. They were very professional and helpful and promptly returned my money. They say they have never seen it before. Just my luck.

This is a fellow C63 owner,

I was reading around the forum in search of a solution to this problem and have found that this guy I quoted had the exact same issue as me, except his was with Eurocharged. I am not saying that Eurocharged or OE tuning had done anything wrong or that there is a problem in our cars it just seems that sometimes those tunes don't work as they should.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Sand in the filters would have affected the pre-tune graph as well.

They wouldnt be the same
Old 03-15-2016, 02:57 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
Your car could have already been tuned did you buy it used?
Old 03-15-2016, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 940 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by alamoudis2
Thanks for the input sir,

1. The file was downloaded successfully according to the My genius device and folks at OE tuning told me that if the speed limiter was removed that means the file has been successfully downloaded.

2. The car was purchased new at my local dealership so I don't think it was tuned before.

Again thanks for comment

Saeed
Originally Posted by AMG6.3
Your car could have already been tuned did you buy it used?
You didn't read the thread huh?
Old 03-16-2016, 05:29 PM

2013 c63
Just a quick update on this thread,,

before everything I want everyone to know that the purpose of this thread is not to bash OE tuning about anything or to publicly describe them negatively in any way. The purpose of this thread was just to discuss this problem and to see if anyone here had encountered such a situation before and how did they go about solving it.

I talked to Jeremy about everything and hopefully I will get a refund for the tune. I will ship their device back as I will no longer need it for this matter. I would like to thank the folks at OE tuning for being patient and understanding and for trying to help me solve this situation. It's not their fault nor mine but apparently it had happened to someone else before with a different tuning company so I guess it is just bad luck.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
You should check out the other thread with a new Dubai / UAE member. There is a shop in there that was recommended for a dyno tune. Could be worth checking out.

I remember a story way way back when a members car just would not take the tune no matter what tips or tricks were tried.

Sorry you had bad luck, very strange indeed.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG
This is very strange.

Ask Jeremy to send you another file based on your dyno run(s).

OE tuned my car a few years back and with same Shell 93oct fuel, it went from 372rwhp stock to 441 tuned with K&N's...all else bone stock!!!

Let us know how it works out.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
OE TUNING is the best man. I have it in my car and ive beaten a lot of c63 with other tunes custom tunes p31/p30 package all of that. Anything u need i will help u. I just think u didnt load the tune successfully .
I took my cats out primary and secondary and OE tuned i did 438 whp. And next time u dyno your car dont let it cool down, first run will always be low sec and 3rd run will give u the numbers u looking for. Anyways let me know if u need anything
Goodluck
Old 04-21-2016, 02:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
having the background of tuning standalones...this before and after does not look tuned. it honestly looks the same. did the dyno operator load the correct run logs? also the HP rating is very high, but the graph doesn't reflect the graph of a tuned M156 motor.

what type of fuel are you using. fuel quality in different countries vary greatly. Some countries that have inadequate fuel quality revert to use of aviation fuel as these are guaranteed. it could very well be that the ECU is detecting non optimal run conditions and kicking you onto the safe map as most ECU's from other manufactures generally have.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OE tune installed but no HP gain !!!