C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

those who are tuned with the My Genius (OE, Eurocharged)

Old 11-30-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
those who are tuned with the My Genius (OE, Eurocharged)

any hassles with the dealer? i know they claim that you can flash back to stock and render it undetectable, but i'm curious about personal experience with that.

thanks.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
What do you mean hassle with the dealer? EC is badass with tech support. The MyGenius is kind of weird to operate but it's not that bad. I flash between stock and tuned for dealer service. It takes about 2 minutes to flash the car once you have the files and whatnot. The longest wait is once you get the loader in the mail, you need to send EC the serial number, update the loader, and then get the info off the stock ECU by plugging it in and sending that file to EC. Then they send you the tuned file that will work on your car. From there, once you have the tuned file, you can swap back and forth all you want. All in all, once you have the loader, it takes only a few hours for EC to give you all the files you need to tune your car.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
I think they are pretty much issue free. I have never had any trouble, nor have I ever heard or read about anyone who has. Go for it. I'll stop short of saying its like a whole new car, but it sure wakes the old one up!
Old 11-30-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
I have the Eurocharged tune, now for headers, and I love it. The Mygenius could not flash my car's computer, so I think it's a pos. I've dealt a lot with tuning supercharged Ford vehicles with SCT device, and must say it's much easier, and I can also datalog pretty much anything the computer sees with this device as well.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:46 PM

C63
I just eurocharged my 10' C63 last week and its running much harder. Installation process wasnt too bad and received good custome support. HIGH FIVE! lol
Old 11-30-2013, 02:55 PM

C63 Coupe
I was one of the few who has had problems. For whatever reason my EC tune would not take. Went through the whole process and no change, had it on dyno. Results were identical with stock or v4, same limiter at 5200rpm. The only thing that changed was the top speed limiter. Was on the phone many times with EC and they were very polite, but beyond sending a new file and reprogramming nothing much they could do over telephone. They were very professional and helpful and promptly returned my money. They say they have never seen it before. Just my luck.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ford svt's, and C63!!!
Originally Posted by Thor2j
I was one of the few who has had problems. For whatever reason my EC tune would not take. Went through the whole process and no change, had it on dyno. Results were identical with stock or v4, same limiter at 5200rpm. The only thing that changed was the top speed limiter. Was on the phone many times with EC and they were very polite, but beyond sending a new file and reprogramming nothing much they could do over telephone. They were very professional and helpful and promptly returned my money. They say they have never seen it before. Just my luck.
5200?
Old 11-30-2013, 03:03 PM

C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by skaarlaj
5200?
Throttle body opening gets limited at 5200rpm.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:29 PM

C63
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
What do you mean hassle with the dealer? EC is badass with tech support. The MyGenius is kind of weird to operate but it's not that bad. I flash between stock and tuned for dealer service. It takes about 2 minutes to flash the car once you have the files and whatnot. The longest wait is once you get the loader in the mail, you need to send EC the serial number, update the loader, and then get the info off the stock ECU by plugging it in and sending that file to EC. Then they send you the tuned file that will work on your car. From there, once you have the tuned file, you can swap back and forth all you want. All in all, once you have the loader, it takes only a few hours for EC to give you all the files you need to tune your car.
i just mean if you take the car in once it's flashed to the stock tune has anyone gotten any flak from their dealer in any capacity due to some sort of residual proof of "action" done with/to the ECU at some point.

i recently helped a friend flash his E 63 because he doesn't have a PC. i find a lot of the other platforms in the aftermarket have better interfaces - Cobb Accessport, SCT, etc. the My Genius process is a bit fiddly and it didn't help that the OE Tuning sheet provided with his shipment was very vague and didn't match what actually occurred during the process, but the very fact that there is a piece that can flash and flash BACK for our cars is awesome.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by skaarlaj
I can also datalog pretty much anything the computer sees with this device as well.
For that purpose I got:

one of these for $24:

http://amzn.to/IxZoMZ

and got the 'Torque' app for $5 on the Play Store:

http://bit.ly/1gt1qdM

As you can see there is a ton of widgets for this so you can customize it like crazy. Logs a ton of stuff. You set the parameters and control which gauges you see. Amazing for a total investment of $29.

Its even better if you pair it with Harrys Lap Timer:

http://bit.ly/1b4D0WK

Between those two it tells you most everything you want to know.
The OBD tool and Torque only work for Android and no, there is nothing like it for Apple (one of the reasons I changed) but Harry's Lap Timer is available for both of OS.

OP - sorry to get off topic. thought I'd share tho.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 289 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by builthatch
i just mean if you take the car in once it's flashed to the stock tune has anyone gotten any flak from their dealer in any capacity due to some sort of residual proof of "action" done with/to the ECU at some point.

i recently helped a friend flash his E 63 because he doesn't have a PC. i find a lot of the other platforms in the aftermarket have better interfaces - Cobb Accessport, SCT, etc. the My Genius process is a bit fiddly and it didn't help that the OE Tuning sheet provided with his shipment was very vague and didn't match what actually occurred during the process, but the very fact that there is a piece that can flash and flash BACK for our cars is awesome.
I haven't heard of any specific mention of tunes being detected. They won't necessarily detect the tune, but the car logs certain perameters (eg-top speed, throttle opening, max rpm) and even with the stock tune flashed, I heard one member got asked how long he had been tuned due to his max speed being logged in excess of 190 mph. Lol. If something breaks, they will dig to see if anything has been modified.