Eurocharged V5 tune, results, overall review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 07:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 c63
Arrow Eurocharged V5 tune, results, overall review

HelloFolks,

I wanted to share my experience with you all about getting my C63 tuned byEurocharged. About a month ago I decided to go with a tune from a different company than Eurocharged (I am going to call it company X) but unfortunately the tune didn't work. I tried everything I could to make it work and followed everything that was asked by the company X but nothing would work. They kept blaming my car for not receiving the tune properly because of reasons that didn't make sense at all. I am not going to mention the tuning company's name other than labeling it as X but if you figure out which one it is that I amtalking about, hey it's your lucky day you dodge a bullet!!!

After the financial losses that I went through with the company X I had given up ontuning my C63. My C63 is a regular C63 not a P31, Black series or 507 edition.I am located in the middle east, Saudi Arabia specifically. My brother wholives in the United states suggested that I try Eurocharged. I wasn't convincedin the beginning simply because of the terrible experience in tuning the carwith company X. It took my brother a while to convince me to go with Eurocharged, and man now that's the car is tuned, I can safely say it is worth every penny that I have spent with Eurocharged for the tune.

My brother got into contact with Philip at Eurocharged, We explained everything that had happened when we first try to tune the car with company X and how nothing changed pretty much except that the speed limiter was removed. Obviously we were not pleased with the outcome with the first tune and the fact that we had payed for dyno pulls and the shipment of the my genius device overseas and the outcome was nothing. Philip reassured us that they will work their best to get our car tuned and that he will personally make sure we are pleased with the final results.

We placed the order for a tune from Eurocharged and within 3 days, we got the my genius device. I got Eurocharged the data and emailed them the file. Within few hours later Jerry sent us the tune file on the email. I tried to upload the file from my laptop to my genius device but it wouldn't upload and it was showing me an error message. When I first saw the error message I tried to google the problem and ended up updating the software few times but it didn'twork. I was devastated and thought the whole thing that happened with company X is going to happen all over again.

We gave Eurocharged a call and Dylan answered, we explained what happen and they told us not to worry. It is a problem that can be fixed easly. Unlike company X, the folks at Eurocharged are extremely professional and reassuring. They are smart and they do know what they are doing. They didn't take their hands out of it and claimed it was my fault like company X. They logged into my computer (Although the Windows that I have is installed in Arabic lol) they fixed the problem within a matter of few minutes. So, I uploaded the tune on my genius device and went to upload it to my car.

BeforeI uploaded the tune. I called and gathered three of my friends with three different cars, I wanted to run each of them and see what the game will bebefore/ after the tune. There was a bolt ons 5.0 Mustang, bolt ons ISF and Boltons CTS-V. I ran all three cars on the stock file. With the ISF and the5.0 we were dead even from a 50 mph roll all the way up to 155 (speed limiter).With the CTS-V the Caddie put 4-5 car lengths on me. I uploaded the file Eurocharged sent me and went for a rematch after letting the car cool down for 30 minutes. I lined up against the 5.0 and the ISF at the same time and there was the shocking outcome!!! we rolled 50mph second gear and after the third honk I got on it and by the time I hit 130mph they all let off, simply becauseI was pulling so hard that they claimed we counted 4-5 cars by the time they got to 130. I had the biggest smile on my face since I was born lol

The last race was with the bolt ons/ pully CTS-V. The caddie put 4-5 car lengths on me before the tune, after the Eurocharged file was uploaded I was able to put half car length on the V!!!! I really can't express how shocked and pleased I am with the Eurocharged tune!! It's amazing. The shifts are faster, the downshifts are waaaaaaaaay better than stock, throttle and paddles response areslightly better, overall amazing tune. The gas milage got a little bit better but in Saudi Arabia we don't really care since gas prices are like 25c a gallon lol.

Although I am extremely pleased with the Eurocharged tune results, it is not the main reason why I am writing this review. I am really pleased with the way the folks at Eurocharged treated me and were so patient with my phone calls and all. Every time I call them and ask them about the shipment, the problem that happened, the process...etc, they would answer all my questions to the fullest and without any hesitation of explaining everything. Again Jerry, Dylan, Philip and the rest of Eurocharged workers, if you are reading this, thanks amillion. words can not describe how grateful I am.

If any of you are looking to tune their car, what ever model it is, look no further. Eurocharged is the way to Go!!!

Best
Saeed

Last edited by alamoudis2; 04-19-2016 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the ride. That is great to hear about EC. Jerry and everyone there really do go above and beyond to help out their customers. Glad you got everything worked out and now you can enjoy the upgrade . Also send me some gas lol.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C63, 2013 Mini Cooper S
25c/gallon! Wow... We pay more than 10 times that amount in California!
Glad everything worked out in the end with eurocharged... The tests that you did are way better than dyno numbers. Drive safe.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Happy to hear someone got you on the road tuned. There are a lot of people running around on OE tunes just fine, so wonder what happened there.

Anyway, enjoy
Old 04-20-2016, 03:01 AM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
That's all well and good, but your shifts are not any faster nor are the downshifts. Glad you're happy with the tune though.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Originally Posted by Mazspeed
That's all well and good, but your shifts are not any faster nor are the downshifts. Glad you're happy with the tune though.
I think he's referring to a smaller delay between when the paddle is pulled and when the shift occurs. I agree that once the car decides to shift, it's no faster than stock, but there is definitely less delay.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
I think he's referring to a smaller delay between when the paddle is pulled and when the shift occurs. I agree that once the car decides to shift, it's no faster than stock, but there is definitely less delay.
How is there less delay? The tune is ECU only. I wish they had a tranny tune.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 529 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
How is there less delay? The tune is ECU only. I wish they had a tranny tune.
Tsk tsk tsk... you must go back to the line and drink some more of the Koolaid.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
Incorrect. The only way you're going to get faster shift response is via Weistec and their TCU/VB upgrade. You guys are imagining things.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Most people mistaken the time it takes to kickdown as shift time in an auto.... As the throttle to pedal input is more aggressive after the tune, it will kickdown sooner but it isn't actually shifting any faster...
Old 04-20-2016, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Diabolis
Tsk tsk tsk... you must go back to the line and drink some more of the Koolaid.
Am I wrong? Explain why.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Incorrect. The only way you're going to get faster shift response is via Weistec and their TCU/VB upgrade. You guys are imagining things.
^---This
How did yours do this weekend?
Old 04-21-2016, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Am I wrong? Explain why.
On the contrary - you are 100% right! Unlike the majority of people though, you actually understand that the ECU tune can't change the transmission shifting... which is why I implied that you're not gullible enough, and that you must drink more of the Koolaid. It was an attempt at humour, but I was agreeing with you, not contradicting your statement.
The following users liked this post:
Mazspeed (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 04:33 AM

On the contrary - you are 100% right! Unlike the majority of people though, you actually understand that the ECU tune can't change the transmission shifting... which is why I implied that you're not gullible enough, and that you must drink more of the Koolaid. It was an attempt at humour, but I was agreeing with you, not contradicting your statement.
Well dammit. I am not smart enough to understand humor. Thanks for clarifying and apologize for needing the clarification.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2009 C63
Are you going to dyno the car again to see the difference in tunes?
Old 04-22-2016, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
What?????? You're telling me that tuning the Engine Control Unit (ECU) isn't making my Transmission Control Unit (TCU) shift faster?? That's Heresy!! I refuse to believe such nonsense! Next, you're going to tell me that my VTEC sticker doesn't give me 50 extra HORRSEE POWWAAA..
Old 04-23-2016, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Y'all need them SHAKTI stones for even more horsepohwaaahz!!!

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/automotive.htm

P.S. ... although it's not as powerful as this: http://www.jasonmotorsport.blogspot....catalyzer.html

Last edited by Diabolis; 04-23-2016 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
Old 04-23-2016, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...ZV6bLDBaR1amI2

Old 04-24-2016, 08:28 PM

2013 c63
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
Are you going to dyno the car again to see the difference in tunes?

Yes sir. I am going to unfortunately the nearest dyno shop from me is roughly 65 miles away from the town where I work. I will try to schedule an appointment this weekend although the runs with the same cars from before showed me how much gain I got which is almost too good to be true

I am just curious still to see how much hp gain I got.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:22 PM

C63 AMG
Good writeup, Philip from eurocharged also was great with me and I absolutely love their tune.

Now you should absolutely mention who company X is just out of transparency. I mean if that company can take your money and not deliver product it's just right that you would inform the community to avoid more people to get ripped of and if they are a reputable company they should acknowledge the problem and get better. If not then they deserve to be exposed.
my 2 cents.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:29 PM

2013 c63
Originally Posted by geri1310
Good writeup, Philip from eurocharged also was great with me and I absolutely love their tune.

Now you should absolutely mention who company X is just out of transparency. I mean if that company can take your money and not deliver product it's just right that you would inform the community to avoid more people to get ripped of and if they are a reputable company they should acknowledge the problem and get better. If not then they deserve to be exposed.
my 2 cents.
Hey Bud,, I believe everyone knows who company X that I am referring to. It seems that when I talk about them my threads get shut down, not fair but it isn't a fair world either. I get ripped off but that's fine. At least I have more experience now.

This thread was mainly to thank Eurocharged for their amazing work!!!