CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 clk500
halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers

any one know what size rings i need for a clk class ??

also i have 4 new beyma speakers , i have no ideah how to install . i also would like to keep my original head unit.

do i have to remove whole door panel to put speakers in? also were are all the locations? thanks ! yeah im not good with this stuff if any one can help me facetime or is in my location nj i am willing to pay
Old 09-25-2016, 02:39 PM

Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Alfa 159
Halo's? Don't do it!.....those are only for the German cars from Bavaria.....not the ones from Stuttgart! Lol!
The following users liked this post:
zuzu_pali (09-25-2016)
Old 09-25-2016, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
mate my advice, just pay somebody to do swap your speakers for you. wont cost more than couple of hundred for sure.

and halo on the headlights? dont.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:32 AM

2004 clk500
Originally Posted by beejAMG
mate my advice, just pay somebody to do swap your speakers for you. wont cost more than couple of hundred for sure.

and halo on the headlights? dont.
okay thanks, and should i just add led instead of halo lights? if so do you know what type i would need? bright white lights at least?
Old 09-26-2016, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by zuzu_pali
okay thanks, and should i just add led instead of halo lights? if so do you know what type i would need? bright white lights at least?

when you say "add", did you mean as a separate light or an upgrade?

i WILL NOT add any DRL/LED on your car (as a separate or additional light).

i WILL however UPGRADE the headlights to either LED or HID.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:54 PM

2004 clk500
when you say "add", did you mean as a separate light or an upgrade?

i WILL NOT add any DRL/LED on your car (as a separate or additional light).

i WILL however UPGRADE the headlights to either LED or HID.
Sorry, i meant upgrade, and what do you suggest is the best ? i want bright white but i have no idea what type i need to buy. i want to upgrade all the bulbs in the headlight to bright white or diamond white
Old 09-26-2016, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok this is very subjective.
what are you trying to accomplish? better lighting hence better vision OR better looking?

what do you have originally, projector or halogen?
Old 09-26-2016, 08:13 PM

2004 clk500
ok this is very subjective.
what are you trying to accomplish? better lighting hence better vision OR better looking?

what do you have originally, projector or halogen?
to be honest better looking
Old 09-26-2016, 08:16 PM

2004 clk500
my car is a mes and all over the pace, i have no idea what to do to make it look decent
Old 09-26-2016, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

to be honest better looking
then upgrade it to either HID or LED. it will have less output but tbh you wont even notice it and may even think its better than oem's. others would say dont as its not good for oncoming traffic. though i agree with that, its still up to you mate.

my car is a mes and all over the pace, i have no idea what to do to make it look decent
what do you mean?
Old 09-27-2016, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 194 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Since when do HIDs have less out put than halogens? Either we're in some sort of parallel universe or I'm reading this wrong haha.

Zuzu where's a picture of your car?
Old 09-27-2016, 12:28 PM

Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Alfa 159
You will have less USABLE output if you put them in factory non- projector housings....so just plain reflectors. You will also have a rubbish pattern and blind oncoming driver. Exactly why doing it is illegal in lots of countries inc the UK! Retro fit projectors or factory HIDs are the way forward.....and stay below 5000k (4500 best) to get maximum visible spectrum light....the blue/purple hue ones are rubbish. LEDs are crap imo also.....very few headlights are designed to focus them properly
The following 2 users liked this post by ALFAitalia:
beejAMG (09-27-2016), zuzu_pali (09-27-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by CLK200K-UK
You will have less USABLE output if you put them in factory non- projector housings....so just plain reflectors. You will also have a rubbish pattern and blind oncoming driver. Exactly why doing it is illegal in lots of countries inc the UK! Retro fit projectors or factory HIDs are the way forward.....and stay below 5000k (4500 best) to get maximum visible spectrum light....the blue/purple hue ones are rubbish. LEDs are crap imo also.....very few headlights are designed to focus them properly
Yes you will have a crappy distribution pattern and possibly blind others. However, light output will be A LOT higher than halogens.

Stay below 5K is also a bit of a blanket statement. I am running Morimoto 6K bulbs and they're visibly brighter than the 4300K stock ones. If you're going for some 6k Ebay bootleg stuff yes you're going to have a bad time.

I would go for aftermarket projectors with a HID kit if getting the stock HID lights is an issue. Either way, quality components will cost money...stock or not.
zuzu_pali (09-27-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by megacrazy
Since when do HIDs have less out put than halogens? Either we're in some sort of parallel universe or I'm reading this wrong haha.

Zuzu where's a picture of your car?
Since yo momma told me she had a blast last night. Whats your problem?

Since when did HID give better output if you put it on a non projector lens which up until you responded using your butt as your brains, OP hasnt verified yet.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Since yo momma told me she had a blast last night. Whats your problem?

Since when did HID give better output if you put it on a non projector lens which up until you responded using your butt as your brains, OP hasnt verified yet.
Lmao since I've been doing projector retrofits when yo mamma decided not to swallow you instead.

Making blanket statements is all fun and games but let's stick to numbers. Halogen 1400 lumens HID 3000. Putting HIDs in your reflector housings will still give you better output...despite what you've been diligently reading online no doubt.

Here's an order even you can comprehend: stock halogens-> stock reflectors with HIDs -> aftermarket projectors -> projector retrofit -> stock projectors.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lmao since I've been doing projector retrofits when yo mamma decided not to swallow you instead.

Making blanket statements is all fun and games but let's stick to numbers. Halogen 1400 lumens HID 3000. Putting HIDs in your reflector housings will still give you better output...despite what you've been diligently reading online no doubt.

Here's an order even you can comprehend: stock halogens-> stock reflectors with HIDs -> aftermarket projectors -> projector retrofit -> stock projectors.
thats exactly how your wife was explaining it to me the other night.

you can do what you want as what idiot does. but ill stick to what ive seen and what other more knowledgeable members says. not those who thinks they know everything. did you even read my post or are you just that big of a moron?

then upgrade it to either HID or LED. it will have less output but tbh you wont even notice it and may even think its better than oem's. others would say dont as its not good for oncoming traffic. though i agree with that, its still up to you mate.
also, im amazed how you find things to be funny,

well lilttle minds always do. tell me, do you ball like a baby or jump for joy when you see a clown?

Last edited by beejAMG; 09-27-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CLK200K-UK
this...
Old 09-27-2016, 10:06 PM

2004 clk500

you can do what you want as what idiot does. but ill stick to what ive seen and what other more knowledgeable members says. not those who thinks they know everything. did you even read my post or are you just that big of a moron?

well lilttle minds always do. tell me, do you ball like a baby or jump for joy when you see a clown?
so what do you guys think about this one ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mercedes...pXtP4w&vxp=mtr

good quality or bad ? if you guys know the good quality ones that are white can you share the link . i guess i wont go to bright but as long as its white im good .
Old 09-27-2016, 10:09 PM

2004 clk500
Yes you will have a crappy distribution pattern and possibly blind others. However, light output will be A LOT higher than halogens.

Stay below 5K is also a bit of a blanket statement. I am running Morimoto 6K bulbs and they're visibly brighter than the 4300K stock ones. If you're going for some 6k Ebay bootleg stuff yes you're going to have a bad time.

I would go for aftermarket projectors with a HID kit if getting the stock HID lights is an issue. Either way, quality components will cost money...stock or not.
can you give me a link brother to the ones your using or the ones you think will be best.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:31 AM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Arrow

Dude avoid the garbage ebay projectors... They are just that, garbage.

Find a set of OEM projectors (Unless you already have a set, in which case you are golden) and bake them. It's SUPER easy. You pull them apart, and you now have access to the projectors. Remove the shields which are held in my I think 6 small torq (can't remember since I did mine). Then remove the projector itself, take the lens off and replace with ZKW-R lenses. You replace them because stock our Merc's have Fresnel's lenses.

However it seems like you want something that looks good rather than actually functions well or is superior to something that has a white look? If I'm mistaken then sorry but that's how I'm interpreting it... And everything said above, don't put HID's in a reflector housing unless it was designed for it because you will get huge amounts of scattered light that will blind people and make you a douche. Avoid cheap HID kids as those again are garbage and will eventually ruin your projector bowls from the UV light.

I have a thread somewhere showing the difference in light.

I've attached a couple pic below.

-Nigel
Attached Thumbnails halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers-apart.jpg   halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers-apart2.jpg   halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers-projector-1.jpg   halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers-projector2.jpg   halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers-finished.jpg  

Last edited by NewShockerGuy; 09-30-2016 at 04:33 AM.
zuzu_pali (10-01-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216

Speaking of little minds. How does yours come up with such infantile "insults"? Clue me in in case I want to insult my neighbor's 5 year old kid.

Either way do you speak from experience? How many retrofits have you done? Let's see some pics of beam patterns and your work. I'm going to go ahead and assume your knowledge of retrofits is as infallible as your command of the English language and ability to logically express yourself.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
can you give me a link brother to the ones your using or the ones you think will be best.
I haven't seen any in person but if you can find anything by DEPO they should be decent. I remember them having a quad projector setup which with HIDs should put out quite a bit of light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-09-MERCED...cyncXQ&vxp=mtr

You can also go the retrofit route but I would advise against it. It's not easy to crack open the lights, align the projectors properly and re-seal everything...plus you'll be spending close to what the DEPOs cost on projectors alone.

Also, here's another guy with little to no experience who decided to install them:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ad-xenons.html

...cause apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about
zuzu_pali (10-01-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Also if you're looking to buy components to do a retrofit check them out here:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/al...clk-class_2005
zuzu_pali (10-01-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
Dude avoid the garbage ebay projectors... They are just that, garbage.

Find a set of OEM projectors (Unless you already have a set, in which case you are golden) and bake them. It's SUPER easy. You pull them apart, and you now have access to the projectors. Remove the shields which are held in my I think 6 small torq (can't remember since I did mine). Then remove the projector itself, take the lens off and replace with ZKW-R lenses. You replace them because stock our Merc's have Fresnel's lenses.

However it seems like you want something that looks good rather than actually functions well or is superior to something that has a white look? If I'm mistaken then sorry but that's how I'm interpreting it... And everything said above, don't put HID's in a reflector housing unless it was designed for it because you will get huge amounts of scattered light that will blind people and make you a douche. Avoid cheap HID kids as those again are garbage and will eventually ruin your projector bowls from the UV light.

I have a thread somewhere showing the difference in light.

I've attached a couple pic below.

-Nigel
All black looks great on those headlights!
Old 09-30-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
2011 E550 Cab
Halo or Gaylo? smh

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: halo rings for clk500 & also aftermarket speakers