Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
Black / Beige ... no light grey
Old 01-02-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E550 4Matic, 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R
It accepts, just barely, the minimalist clip-on sunglasses that I use. It is not a well designed eyeglass holder for my usage.

Originally Posted by dmighty
Finally found the 5 minutes to install the holder. . Quick and simple but doesn't close completely with my maui
Old 01-15-2014, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E300 AMG
yeah buddy !! am doing this one
Old 08-10-2014, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 843 Likes on 609 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Installed this $30 sunglass holder and I find it very handy. Super easy to install in place of that never used handle, at least I never used it.

The holder takes my sunglasses in and closes completely but I don't wear those wrap around models either...
Old 08-11-2014, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
ebay has a grey on

Originally Posted by instantfob
put in A2048100041 and you will see one seller has a grey one
Old 08-18-2014, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
I have a new light grey one

Originally Posted by instantfob
If you want a light grey one that is new and unused I have one. I received it in grey and I needed beige. I had to reorder. Hopefully it will come in beige this time.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dbldpr
If you want a light grey one that is new and unused I have one. I received it in grey and I needed beige. I had to reorder. Hopefully it will come in beige this time.

Why don't you guys order it from the dealer? They will have the correct color for you. I don't see need to buy from some third party seller when the thing cost $30 at the dealer.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cannot order

Originally Posted by Arrie
Why don't you guys order it from the dealer? They will have the correct color for you. I don't see need to buy from some third party seller when the thing cost $30 at the dealer.
The dealers near me cannot even order the item I tried at 4 different dealers. So tell me where are you suppose to buy from if the local dealers cannot even order the items? I would not make anything non the sale. I would sell it at my cost. But then there are always people like you who know it all and get there jollies down grading people. Check on the item availability before you judge people.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The dealers near me cannot even order the item I tried at 4 different dealers. So tell me where are you suppose to buy from if the local dealers cannot even order the items? I would not make anything non the sale. I would sell it at my cost. But then there are always people like you who know it all and get there jollies down grading people. Check on the item availability before you judge people.
I could say a very bad word about you right now but I settle for Misinformed Junkie. It is you who think knows all trusting your poor MB dealer who does not know what you are talking about.

I went to a MB dealer in Montreal after reading about the sun glass holder available in Vancouver. They did not know what I am talking about either but I DID NOT GO INSULTING PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM FOR KNOWING IT ALL AND QUESTIONING THEM. I BELIEVED THIS SUNGLASS HOLDER DOES EXISTS ESPECIALLY WHEN PICTURES OF IT HAVE BEEN POSTED.

I was in Montreal area again a few weeks ago and went to another MB dealer in Laval, this time with the part number. First without the number the parts guy had no idea I am talking about but after I gave him the number and he entered it in the system he said they have one In the Vancouver importing warehouse. He also said he had never heard of such a thing.

I was ready to order one thru him but he said I should be able to order one thru my own local dealer. All MB dealers see all MB parts in the MB system no matter where they are.

So, the next Monday I went to my local dealer parts department and ask the guy about the holder and, of course, he had no idea what I am talking about but after I gave him the part number he found it in seconds. Took 4 days to arrive as they obviously had to order it. Cost about $33 with tax.

YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY JERK!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry idiot but in the good old USA it shows up on the screen but it will not let the dealer order the item. I had no idea you were in Canada. That is an entirely different world. Check with a USA dealership next time you visit. Now who is the jerk!!! Next time state what country you are in. It makes a difference.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry idiot but in the good old USA it shows up on the screen but it will not let the dealer order the item. I had no idea you were in Canada. That is an entirely different world. Check with a USA dealership next time you visit. Now who is the jerk!!! Next time state what country you are in. It makes a difference.

Well,

My local dealer is in the very southern Good Old USA where I ordered the thing and it came in 4 days. My dealer did not have any issues ordering it at all. The question is, what kind of "dealers" do you deal with if they cannot order a part for you? Are they real MB dealers or do they just pose as one?

I also had the understanding that this part is not available in the U.S. and that is why I wanted to order it in Montreal as I frequently travel there where the dealer told me that any MB dealer can order it even in the Good Old USA. And I proved it right as I did order it from my dealer and have it now.

You really need to find out what kind of dealers you have. You said you went thru 4 of them, right? Must be very bad area...

Folks, if you are interested go to your dealer parts next time you visit and ask if they could order the Part #2048100041- 9051. You don't need to order it but would be interesting to know how many dealers cannot order it. The last 4 digits on the part number is the color code I was told by my dealer. 9051 is black.

Enough of this s..t!

Last edited by Arrie; 08-19-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
My dealer in CA couldn't order it, so I had it drop-shipped directly from the Vancouver, Canada dealership. I contacted MB of Vancouver and ordered Part #2048100041-9051 in black from Kayan Lee (604-736-3179).

* Eyeglass Storage - https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...lass-rack.html
Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
I though I would try the closest dealer (MB of Tampa) for this part. I called them the other day and gave them a part number. They asked for my vin and the guy comes back to say that black is the right color for my car and the part would be $38 and take a couple of weeks. All good except my headliner is grey. When I told him that he checked the VIN again and he was off one letter. With the correct VIN, he tells me the correct color is grey but that the part is not available for my car as it did not come with it and they can only replace parts that came with the car. I explained this was an accessory option I wanted instead and was told there was no way for them to order it for me. I asked why it was available for the incorrect VIN and he said it must have come with that car and he could order that for me if I wanted.

Today I stopped by the parts desk to try again while I was there to look at the 2015 C. I gave them the part number but with no VIN (its for a friend). First response was they could not find it in their system. Then the guy went to the back (presumably to ask someone else) and came back with the parts diagram that showed the part. But he said it is not available on any US car and whoever gave me this part number must have a grey market car from out of the country. I explained it is simply a sunglasses holder that mounts where the grab handle is. Didn't matter - couldn't get it.

Guess I need to call Canada or get it off eBay. Maybe I would have had luck with a non-US VIN that matched the correct color I need.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thefisch
I though I would try the closest dealer (MB of Tampa) for this part. I called them the other day and gave them a part number. They asked for my vin and the guy comes back to say that black is the right color for my car and the part would be $38 and take a couple of weeks. All good except my headliner is grey. When I told him that he checked the VIN again and he was off one letter. With the correct VIN, he tells me the correct color is grey but that the part is not available for my car as it did not come with it and they can only replace parts that came with the car. I explained this was an accessory option I wanted instead and was told there was no way for them to order it for me. I asked why it was available for the incorrect VIN and he said it must have come with that car and he could order that for me if I wanted.

Today I stopped by the parts desk to try again while I was there to look at the 2015 C. I gave them the part number but with no VIN (its for a friend). First response was they could not find it in their system. Then the guy went to the back (presumably to ask someone else) and came back with the parts diagram that showed the part. But he said it is not available on any US car and whoever gave me this part number must have a grey market car from out of the country. I explained it is simply a sunglasses holder that mounts where the grab handle is. Didn't matter - couldn't get it.

Guess I need to call Canada or get it off eBay. Maybe I would have had luck with a non-US VIN that matched the correct color I need.

Sounds like bunch of bs to me. It is clear they can order it, they just won't.

Boy must I be a lucky one to have the only dealer in the U.S.
who ordered it for me no questions asked.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thefisch you need to go to Arrie's super dealership in the southern good old USA. The rest of us have only crap dealerships. But good old MBworld fanatic ARRIE has a super dealership. You notice that he does not give the dealerships name to share with us. That is if it really exists. Come on Arrie give us the dealerships name so we can call and get our sunglass holder from a dealership in the southern good old USA. I myself will use samkimg suggestion for his dealership in Canada where he supplied the name and phone number. Now that is a helpful member. Not like Arrie who wants to criticize and bad mouth people but what do you expect, he is a MBworld fanatic after all and one would not expect him to give out helpful information to help members. It is easier to bad mouth them.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thefisch you need to go to Arrie's super dealership in the southern good old USA. The rest of us have only crap dealerships. But good old MBworld fanatic ARRIE has a super dealership. You notice that he does not give the dealerships name to share with us. That is if it really exists. Come on Arrie give us the dealerships name so we can call and get our sunglass holder from a dealership in the southern good old USA. I myself will use samkimg suggestion for his dealership in Canada where he supplied the name and phone number. Now that is a helpful member. Not like Arrie who wants to criticize and bad mouth people but what do you expect, he is a MBworld fanatic after all and one would not expect him to give out helpful information to help members. It is easier to bad mouth them.
And exactly what part of my posts has been bad mouthing anybody?

And after your teenager comments I don't feel giving you JERK any help with anything any more. You go figure it out by yourself.

And I still believe there is more than one dealer who will order it if you just go to them and give them the part number. No VIN needed.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See it is like I said all talk and no help. If he was a good member and actually had a dealership we would get the name and number. He had no dealership that is why we are not getting it. This MB World Fanatic Arrie should be banned from posting or we should be able to block him from commenting on our post. There are many members that would like the name of the dealership but this selfish child doesn't want to share. Shame on you Arrie
Old 08-22-2014, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
please don't drag me into this bickering. Thought I would just post about my experience at my dealer. Would have liked to order it locally if I could.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
Sent PM. Thanks for looking out!
Old 03-28-2021, 04:16 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
OLD thread but would this also work for a w211? Or only w212s?

When I search on eBay for the listed part number in the first post it comes up as a w204 part..?

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 03-29-2021, 10:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Check measurement.

The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (03-29-2021)