Just bought myself a E350 Bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 Bluetec
Smile Just bought myself a E350 Bluetec

Hello fellow MB members,

This is definitely going to take myself some time to adjust to so please bare with me on all the silly questions I will be asking .
My name is Chanh aka Chanhtastic, from Dallas TX and just bought myself an 11 E350 Bluetec, previous car was an 06 Lexus IS350.
Heard a lot of great things that the diesel engine of MB has to offer. If there are any cool tricks or performance hacks please let me know.

(couple pics of my previous car)
Just bought myself a E350 Bluetec-dsc_8603.jpg

Just bought myself a E350 Bluetec-null-1.jpg

As you can see the kind of style I USED to be in. This time around im looking for more of a simple and clean look. What are some suggestion for this beautiful car?

Just bought myself a E350 Bluetec-20150122_173527.jpg

P.S. how safe are wobble bolts?
Old 01-23-2015, 08:08 AM

2011 E550
Beautiful car, congratulations!

I am sure the experts are going to chime in with all the different mods that can be done but the two things I like the most are changing your parking bulbs and license plate bulbs to color match the HID lights. Tinting the windows would definitely help in the Texas heat as well.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
LOL need more pics of the new car and less of the old car.

Just speaking for me, I am very happy with the LED interior/exterior upgrades and the HID install on my 2011. I'm in Houston area and tint is on the list as well, fortunate that parking is under cover both at home and work though.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:12 PM

2011 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Mud
LOL need more pics of the new car and less of the old car.

Just speaking for me, I am very happy with the LED interior/exterior upgrades and the HID install on my 2011. I'm in Houston area and tint is on the list as well, fortunate that parking is under cover both at home and work though.

Enjoy your new ride!
Is there a led bulb index for the car to do the interior and exterior swaps? I too want to put some brighter lights especially the reverse light. And of course im putting on tint. It's way to hot in texas not to throw tint on haha
Old 01-23-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
w212 E350 Bluetec & Mk7 GTI Sport
Differences from that lexus will be the fun of using all the rpms and engine power all the time on the street and still getting 20-25, and on the freeway getting 33-43 easily within 15 miles of a trip. I got 37 this morning on the way to work (7 miles city, 19 hwy) and 42.5 last nght going home (7 mi city, 19 hwy ) and still can literally floor it every single light and still get over 20 mpg city not average. City alone on the 'start' counter. My 'reset' counter is still factory and at 33k im getting 27mpg average... Real time mpgs are above, averages are not perfect stats... Fuelly is only 5k of that 33k so it hasnt caught up yet to 27.4 like my cpu says.

However the cars need very little if anything suspension for the front end should be re-thought. Possibly tires and rims to ditch runflats if yours came with it (my dads 11blutec didnt when he leased it, but mine came with them.) He had bridgestone turanza nonrunflats i have goodyear runflats. But yeah suspension on the front youll see has some dive and too much shock bounce. So thats a good start.

Visually of course you can go as wild or refined as you want. That lexus was sure pretty but the interior of the e >>> any lexus. Nav computer isnt nearly as smart (hehe germans dont make good menus, but japanese menus are always slick).

Enjoy that 11. Has the older center dash display that doesnt have the lag the 2012 screen does when you press the buttons on the steering wheel. my dad always said the 11 seemed faster. Dealer told me the shift points and valve timing were adjusted on 12 for extra mpgs... So possibly youll get better sprint times.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:03 PM

2011 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Trancebolt
Differences from that lexus will be the fun of using all the rpms and engine power all the time on the street and still getting 20-25, and on the freeway getting 33-43 easily within 15 miles of a trip. I got 37 this morning on the way to work (7 miles city, 19 hwy) and 42.5 last nght going home (7 mi city, 19 hwy ) and still can literally floor it every single light and still get over 20 mpg city not average. City alone on the 'start' counter. My 'reset' counter is still factory and at 33k im getting 27mpg average... Real time mpgs are above, averages are not perfect stats... Fuelly is only 5k of that 33k so it hasnt caught up yet to 27.4 like my cpu says.

However the cars need very little if anything suspension for the front end should be re-thought. Possibly tires and rims to ditch runflats if yours came with it (my dads 11blutec didnt when he leased it, but mine came with them.) He had bridgestone turanza nonrunflats i have goodyear runflats. But yeah suspension on the front youll see has some dive and too much shock bounce. So thats a good start.

Visually of course you can go as wild or refined as you want. That lexus was sure pretty but the interior of the e >>> any lexus. Nav computer isnt nearly as smart (hehe germans dont make good menus, but japanese menus are always slick).

Enjoy that 11. Has the older center dash display that doesnt have the lag the 2012 screen does when you press the buttons on the steering wheel. my dad always said the 11 seemed faster. Dealer told me the shift points and valve timing were adjusted on 12 for extra mpgs... So possibly youll get better sprint times.
Thanks for all the valuable answer! Yeah i notice when i was driving home that my mpg kept going up and up. i saw over 800 on a full tank, i was soo amaze lol. Are there any threads here that show all the different kind of kits, suspension before and after pics as well performance? Clublexus.com is really an amaze forum thats so easy to use and organized. just wondering if the mb forum here is the same as well.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats on ur new ride...
Old 01-23-2015, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
Congrats and welcome!!
Old 01-23-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
w212 E350 Bluetec & Mk7 GTI Sport
kit and bodywork scene is smaller for mbz than bmw or lexus. you should find some here very likely. Picture thread sticky at the top has salot of custom work. Car has an aggressive styling out of the box. Hard to improve perfection, but it has been done =D

I just did what i was saying earlier.... left work for "lunch". Drove around 17 miles, gear set to 4 and S, flooring it...... 24mpg... all city. that includes drive thrus and red lights.

I did that in three e classes of my own 08,09 and my dads gas, up to 2012... You get 15 doing that. Solid. I feel guilty doing it...

I like having my enginer cover off... thats one thing id say. The plastic rattle takes away from the diesel sound... Its nice.... Car has i would say a +2 understeer, and oversteer on power during turns.... =D ESP i would recommend leaving on..
Old 01-24-2015, 11:38 AM

2011 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Trancebolt
kit and bodywork scene is smaller for mbz than bmw or lexus. you should find some here very likely. Picture thread sticky at the top has salot of custom work. Car has an aggressive styling out of the box. Hard to improve perfection, but it has been done =D

I just did what i was saying earlier.... left work for "lunch". Drove around 17 miles, gear set to 4 and S, flooring it...... 24mpg... all city. that includes drive thrus and red lights.

I did that in three e classes of my own 08,09 and my dads gas, up to 2012... You get 15 doing that. Solid. I feel guilty doing it...

I like having my enginer cover off... thats one thing id say. The plastic rattle takes away from the diesel sound... Its nice.... Car has i would say a +2 understeer, and oversteer on power during turns.... =D ESP i would recommend leaving on..
Is there anyway you can link me the sticky for it? i can't seem to find all the kits that are available for the car. And can anyone chime in more about wobble bolts for our car please