M-Class (W166) Produced 2012-2015

Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350 bluetec
This is the first vehicle I have had (except 1), that didn't have them, the running boards are just as effective, in my opinion. The only car I have that does not have them is my '70 Olds, but then I only drive it when the weather is nice.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Bus & ML350BT
Dear kmMLBT,
Why don't you ask your local MB dealer and see whether they got the flaps for your particular setup. Please let us know your findings.

Several people have ask me for the part numbers of the mud flaps, so here is it, sorry, I don't know which one is front and which is back.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:55 AM

ML350 Bluetec
Mud Flaps

Hey, thanks very much. I'll take those numbers over to the dealer and see what they gave to say.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:27 AM

ML350 Bluetec
Unless they changed the way they were mounted (I had them on an older ML500), I would stay away from them. They looked very nice for a week or so and then the adhesive tape would let loose and there was a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap that formed. I went back to the dealer multiple times and they would reattach it...it would then pop off. The rears were OK...the front ones were the problem.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:26 AM

ML350 Bluetec
Mud Flaps

Hmmmmm, interesting! It looks like the fronts that Mastcell put on his would fit well, I'm not sure about the backs. I'm beginning to think I may have to wait for some aftermarket supplier like CarID to make them.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:03 PM

Mercedes Bus & ML350BT
Dear bitzerjd350, I fitted these myself and I can assure you that there is no problem with any gapping after 15 months of use.
Here are some photos with outback red dust all over the car.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:34 PM

2015 ML350
Originally Posted by Mastcell
Dear bitzerjd350, I fitted these myself and I can assure you that there is no problem with any gapping after 15 months of use.

Where did you get those?
Old 03-10-2015, 02:35 PM

ML350 Bluetec
Good news...glad they fixed them. They were a PITA before. Thanks for the Pictures!

[QUOTE=Mastcell;6359493]Dear bitzerjd350, I fitted these myself and I can assure you that there is no problem with any gapping after 15 months of use.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:41 PM

Mercedes Bus & ML350BT
Here

And Here

There are others - do a search, or from your dealer.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 ML350 BlueTEC 4Matic
Mud Flaps

Hi All. Terribly late to this forum as just a new "used" ML owner.
That said in the process of installing mud flaps on it (bought OEM quality off AliExpress!) and would appreciate a deeper explanation of how to connect the 2 "plastic tabs" on the upper part of the front flaps.
Do you simply line up the flap to the inner fender liner, drill a hole thru each tab into the liner (correct size), push the metal screw locks over each tab and with the flap in place over the drilled holes screw the metal screw supplied with the flaps into place?
Sorry for the long explanation but want to get this right to ensure my ML keeps looking awesome.
Thanks!

Updated post:
Dear MastCell, Thanks so much for posting these pictures. Originally (post above) had only seen them on my phone so couldn't make out clearly how the clips were used. Now on tablet it's clear all you needed to do was press the clips over the mud flap "cut-outs" and the front metal edge of the actual fender to attach the upper part of the flap onto the fender.

Will make my install that much easier though with the OEM flaps I just got (same SKU but newer version likely) the cut-outs are slightly different in that they have an extended plastic tab into the cut-out that folds over the inner metal fender edge and clamps that metal edge between the plastic cut-out and the tab so a thicker, hopefully more secure attachment; though you did state these don't flop around once installed.

Quick question: Where was the double sided tape attached; on the inside edge of the flap so when installed it sticks to the outside body edge of the ML being each wheel?

Cheers.

Last edited by TA Canada; 12-20-2016 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 12-21-2016, 03:53 AM

Mercedes Bus & ML350BT
TA Canada, the mud flap should come with double sided black foam adhesive along one of the edge. Just peel it off the backing plastic and stick the mud flap to the painted surface just beyond the wheel arch (the fender) to get a clean finish. If not, you will need to figure out which edge is going to overlap over the painted surface of the fender and apply the double sided foam adhesive along it. You will need to follow around the curved part of the mud flap to get a good seal.