Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

E550 Coupe engine replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge Ram
E550 Coupe engine replacement

Who can assist me with the options that may exist for a replacement engine in my 2010 E550 Coupe. I understand it's the 273 series motor in the coupe which differs from the Sedan. Crazy... right, it's the same car... What is specifically different and could the Sedan motor be used?

If you have this level of knowledge and can inform me of my options and what years may be compatible. I would appreciate it.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM

Dodge Ram
Someone has to have some technical knowledge... Any help and guidance is appreciated.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:30 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Msksoccer
Someone has to have some technical knowledge... Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Finding a 2010 550 engine should not be to hard and you can search ebay, junk yards and some of the specialized engine supliers.

As far as I know, all the 550 engines in your year are the same but you will need to google search and verify that. You can also sign up with EPC online and do VIN searches to verify part interchangeability.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 01-21-2014, 12:13 PM

190E
Engine mount brackets & oil pan is only difference. Just use your existing.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:18 PM

Dodge Ram
So... A 5.5L out of an 07 or 08 "S" class will fit with my oil pan, motor mounts?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:32 PM

190E
Yes. The core engine is the same. Any mods for weight & gearing is done with the M.E. tune. Use your engine accessories, engine mount brackets & swap the oil pans. What is the reason for the swap?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:12 AM

Dodge Ram
Thanks for the info... I purchased a 2010 E550 from Copart knowing it was a flood vehicle. But, based on knowledge I knew wart did not get into the interior. Copart advertised this as a run and drive verified car. However that is not the case. I took it to Mercedes and they diagnosed it with damage to internal cylinders, scoring And oil pooling on top of the pistons in at least one cylinder. So a new motor seems to be my only choice since these are not rebuildable.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:48 PM

2010 e550
Originally Posted by Msksoccer
Thanks for the info... I purchased a 2010 E550 from Copart knowing it was a flood vehicle. But, based on knowledge I knew wart did not get into the interior. Copart advertised this as a run and drive verified car. However that is not the case. I took it to Mercedes and they diagnosed it with damage to internal cylinders, scoring And oil pooling on top of the pistons in at least one cylinder. So a new motor seems to be my only choice since these are not rebuildable.
Did you ever end up finding a engine? I'm in the same boat as you and need one as well! Where did you find one and how much