Sponsored by:

GT3 vs F Type R vs AMG GT S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gl 63 amg Benz s600 Cayman s S65 amg
GT3 vs F Type R vs AMG GT S

For people who bought the AMG GT S, did you guys consider those cars? And if you did why did you end up going with the GT S? I'm having a hard time picking between an AMG GT S and a GT3. I'm leaning towards the AMG GT S side a little more because I like the looks and I'm a big Mercedes fan. I also like the Jaguar F Type, but I have seen many reviews saying that they would go with the GT S over all of those. The GT S just has a different kind of personality that makes it great for driving at the track and on road. The GT3 on the other hand is hand down the best track car. Let me know your opinions.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Just recently ordered a GT-S but didn't really cross shop. I was at COTA doing the free basic AMG Driving course from my E63 purchase and got to drive the GT-S for an extended period. I fell in love with the car almost immediately and called my salesperson during lunch to check allocation timing. However in my previous car purchases, I did cross shop the Jaguar F-Type but ended up not getting it. The exhaust note on it sounds awesome, but in the end it was just something about the Jaguar brand that is not up to par with the likes of BMW, MB or Porsche. I also wasn't a big fan of the interior or the archaic navigation system. Another thing to note is that while all these car will drop in value faster than normal everyday cars, Jaguar's resell value is one of the worst. My dealer friend once told me that it will be a bad month when a potential customer pull into the lot with a Jaguar.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by joseyu
Just recently ordered a GT-S but didn't really cross shop. I was at COTA doing the free basic AMG Driving course from my E63 purchase and got to drive the GT-S for an extended period. I fell in love with the car almost immediately and called my salesperson during lunch to check allocation timing. However in my previous car purchases, I did cross shop the Jaguar F-Type but ended up not getting it. The exhaust note on it sounds awesome, but in the end it was just something about the Jaguar brand that is not up to par with the likes of BMW, MB or Porsche. I also wasn't a big fan of the interior or the archaic navigation system. Another thing to note is that while all these car will drop in value faster than normal everyday cars, Jaguar's resell value is one of the worst. My dealer friend once told me that it will be a bad month when a potential customer pull into the lot with a Jaguar.
If you don't mind... could you tell me what options and how much your car was? I most likely will go with the AMG GT S seems like a great all around car that can be a crazy track car, but then you can tone it down and drive on the street. Since you have the car, is the ride rough in comfort mode? Or is it Smooth in comfort and just gets super stiff in sport or race? Also how about the exhaust? Will you ever do an aftermarket exhaust? The exhaust sounds pretty good in videos online and I know that the exhaust will sound better in real life. Hopefully a Benz dealer close by will get a AMG GT S in soon so I can test drive it. These things are hard to come by, and I will definitely order a custom made one.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
I replied to your question in the other thread, but here it is below. As far as exhaust note goes, the car rumbles like an old school muscle car with plenty of pops and crackles. Unless you have a pretty good relationship with your local dealer, I would't count on a test drive even if they have an unsold car. Depending on when you place your order, we may be on the same boat in terms of waiting for the car to arrive.

I have the following car on order for an April delivery. List price is $142K and I am going to pay $139K. There are probably better deals to be had out there, depending on the region, but the dealer helped me with my trade and I am not really the person to bargain down to the last penny because everyone needs to make a living. Similarly I opted out of the upgrade stereo because the exhaust notes are too intoxicating to ignore. As far as the Dynamic Plus Package goes, I spent about a week going back and forth on whether to get it. In the end, I opted to go for it since this is after all a sports car and it is supposed to be a little harsh. Happy shopping!

- Mars Red
- Forged Black Multi-Spoke Wheels
- Night Styling Package
- Dinamica Interior w/ Red Accents
- Red Seat Belts
- Dynamic Plus Package
- Lane Tracking Package

Originally Posted by AMG530
If you don't mind... could you tell me what options and how much your car was? I most likely will go with the AMG GT S seems like a great all around car that can be a crazy track car, but then you can tone it down and drive on the street. Since you have the car, is the ride rough in comfort mode? Or is it Smooth in comfort and just gets super stiff in sport or race? Also how about the exhaust? Will you ever do an aftermarket exhaust? The exhaust sounds pretty good in videos online and I know that the exhaust will sound better in real life. Hopefully a Benz dealer close by will get a AMG GT S in soon so I can test drive it. These things are hard to come by, and I will definitely order a custom made one.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by AMG530
For people who bought the AMG GT S, did you guys consider those cars? And if you did why did you end up going with the GT S? I'm having a hard time picking between an AMG GT S and a GT3. I'm leaning towards the AMG GT S side a little more because I like the looks and I'm a big Mercedes fan. I also like the Jaguar F Type, but I have seen many reviews saying that they would go with the GT S over all of those. The GT S just has a different kind of personality that makes it great for driving at the track and on road. The GT3 on the other hand is hand down the best track car. Let me know your opinions.
I have owned all 3- currently have the GTS. For me the GTS is best of all worlds of a tremendous cabin, handling, steering, torque in the low range, high power hp, and looks.

The F Type R- is lowest in ranking of the lot, its got that tremendous exhaust bit but its almost too much/excessive. The power and torque is there down low buts its chassis and suspension setup is too soft with much lateral lean in high speed turns. It tended to give me a feel of too much body lean. It still was a great handling car but after I dumped it for the 991 GT3 I guess I got spoiled.

The Gt3 is a great car. Its an incredibly flat planted race car good for the streets. The only problem I had is that I wasn't going to track it all too much it really is indeed an 8/10ths of car drivewise if not more. For it to really shine you needed to be in the right gear and right rpms. It was that "pre meditated" speeder and boy does it move once you get the rpms up there. The exhaust was about as good as it gets in a LeMans shrieking style of tone which I rather enjoyed a lot. The interior was very plush and functional and the ride was docile even over rougher roads and undulations. I did enjoy it but once I drove the GTS I just had to get the Benz.

I still have the GTS and I love it. Its the best of my 9 AMG's ever. The steering is so precise and on point. The Hot V Turbo setup leaves no lag to be noticed. The drive modes are so good and the power is there when you need it and it runs thru the sweet spot of the RPM ranges. Its the daily GT car that can be tracked (inverse of the GT3). While some have stated its very taut suspension wise (I agree), I enjoy this firmness. The road feel and chassis feedback leaves not much to be desired if that's what one wants. The car is got that incredible balance, maybe just behind the GT3 here but its tremendous. The exhaust is awesome, the perfect amount of decibels inside the cockpit to know where you are in the range and the pops/barks are wild but not over the top like the Jag. Ive had mine since May and its not going anywhere unless... I get a different color

For me the GTS is the perfect daily all rounder than can be tracked if wanted and raced up and down car free toll roads. The rush of the tq and sound of the engine with the chassis balance is a perfect set up. The Jag falls behind here but its still a great car and well priced. The GT3 is also incredible and others will like it more and I cant fault them. But for my more practical needs and driving habits, the GTS is the one.

My cars:

Old 12-25-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55
I have owned all 3- currently have the GTS. For me the GTS is best of all worlds of a tremendous cabin, handling, steering, torque in the low range, high power hp, and looks.

The F Type R- is lowest in ranking of the lot, its got that tremendous exhaust bit but its almost too much/excessive. The power and torque is there down low buts its chassis and suspension setup is too soft with much lateral lean in high speed turns. It tended to give me a feel of too much body lean. It still was a great handling car but after I dumped it for the 991 GT3 I guess I got spoiled.

The Gt3 is a great car. Its an incredibly flat planted race car good for the streets. The only problem I had is that I wasn't going to track it all too much it really is indeed an 8/10ths of car drivewise if not more. For it to really shine you needed to be in the right gear and right rpms. It was that "pre meditated" speeder and boy does it move once you get the rpms up there. The exhaust was about as good as it gets in a LeMans shrieking style of tone which I rather enjoyed a lot. The interior was very plush and functional and the ride was docile even over rougher roads and undulations. I did enjoy it but once I drove the GTS I just had to get the Benz.

I still have the GTS and I love it. Its the best of my 9 AMG's ever. The steering is so precise and on point. The Hot V Turbo setup leaves no lag to be noticed. The drive modes are so good and the power is there when you need it and it runs thru the sweet spot of the RPM ranges. Its the daily GT car that can be tracked (inverse of the GT3). While some have stated its very taut suspension wise (I agree), I enjoy this firmness. The road feel and chassis feedback leaves not much to be desired if that's what one wants. The car is got that incredible balance, maybe just behind the GT3 here but its tremendous. The exhaust is awesome, the perfect amount of decibels inside the cockpit to know where you are in the range and the pops/barks are wild but not over the top like the Jag. Ive had mine since May and its not going anywhere unless... I get a different color

For me the GTS is the perfect daily all rounder than can be tracked if wanted and raced up and down car free toll roads. The rush of the tq and sound of the engine with the chassis balance is a perfect set up. The Jag falls behind here but its still a great car and well priced. The GT3 is also incredible and others will like it more and I cant fault them. But for my more practical needs and driving habits, the GTS is the one.

My cars:

Nice garage of cars man. That Type R looks so sexy man. I'm going to go with the GT S since there are so many good reviews on it. I have a Benz s600 and a GL 63 AMG and although it's an suv it's fun to mess around in lol. There are always those ricers that try to race you. It's always funny to beat them. Do you guys get a lot of people trying to race you?
Old 12-31-2015, 07:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)

My cars:

One day when I grow up.... JK I love your choices in cars Vic. I am going to be there soon with you and my garage haha
Old 01-04-2016, 04:44 PM

AMG GTS 2016
My GTS edition 1 is amazing but even in comfort its a harsher ride on all but the smoothest of roads. Its my only complain over the C7 vette I traded in for it. It's wicked fast and much more "solid" than any car Ive owned before, it's build to be used hard for decades.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s

My cars:

Good looking cars!