Sponsored by:

Our C43 sedan has been completed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MERCEDES GLA45
Our C43 sedan has been completed!

Our new black with grey P-4 equipped C43 rolled off the line last week and is at the shipping center in Bama. Delivery to our dealer in Mt. Pleasant, SC should be late this week and I'll post a few pix when it shows up. This will be my wife's 5th new AMG and while it is not hand built, it does meet most of her needs and wants. It was a trade-off between the AWD C-43 and a new C63. We have had a C63 and, frankly, it was not her favorite or mine (my current ride is a 2014 CLS63-s) so I think this will be a good fit.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:47 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Can't wait for the pix and your initial impressions!
Old 08-28-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 c63 Amg s (almost)
[QUOTE=Agingracefully;6900890]Our new black with grey P-4 equipped C43 rolled off the line last week and is at the shipping center in Bama. Delivery to our dealer in Mt. Pleasant, SC should be late this week and I'll post a few pix when it shows up. This will be my wife's 5th new AMG and while it is not hand built, it does meet most of her needs and wants. It was a trade-off between the AWD C-43 and a new C63. We have had a C63 and, frankly, it was not her favorite or mine (my current ride is a 2014 CLS63-s) so I think this will be a good fit.[/QUOTE

Question for you. When your vehicle finished procuction how long was it to go through VPC and get delivered? I'm in Seattle so I imagine it'll be a few days longer but I was notified my C63 finished production as of last week. Was originally told October first quarter but if it's already complete id imagine no more than 2 weeks from now. Thanks for any info.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:38 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
[QUOTE=Souriall91;6900994]
Originally Posted by Agingracefully
Our new black with grey P-4 equipped C43 rolled off the line last week and is at the shipping center in Bama. Delivery to our dealer in Mt. Pleasant, SC should be late this week and I'll post a few pix when it shows up. This will be my wife's 5th new AMG and while it is not hand built, it does meet most of her needs and wants. It was a trade-off between the AWD C-43 and a new C63. We have had a C63 and, frankly, it was not her favorite or mine (my current ride is a 2014 CLS63-s) so I think this will be a good fit.[/QUOTE

Question for you. When your vehicle finished procuction how long was it to go through VPC and get delivered? I'm in Seattle so I imagine it'll be a few days longer but I was notified my C63 finished production as of last week. Was originally told October first quarter but if it's already complete id imagine no more than 2 weeks from now. Thanks for any info.
Your 63 is coming from Germany, his is coming from Alabama. On the 43 Coupes are built in Germany.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MERCEDES GLA45
Question for you. When your vehicle finished procuction how long was it to go through VPC and get delivered? I'm in Seattle so I imagine it'll be a few days longer but I was notified my C63 finished production as of last week. Was originally told October first quarter but if it's already complete id imagine no more than 2 weeks from now. Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE

We generally get cars within 24 hours from release from VRC, so my guess is releasing until September one which would mean the next business day
Old 08-29-2016, 12:08 AM

2017 c63 Amg s (almost)
[QUOTE=inhartwetrust;6901030]
Originally Posted by Souriall91

Your 63 is coming from Germany, his is coming from Alabama. On the 43 Coupes are built in Germany.
i actually think the c63 sedans come from Alabama as well. The coupes come from Germany. I wanted to do euro delivery on my sedan but they said I can't because it's built in the USA. So ideally the car should be here soon. Then again my sales person could've got it wrong but he's been on top of everything. Thanks for the feedback tho. I'm always hoping best case scenario. I want the damn car already. They let me test a used one they got in. Threw me the keys and let me take it out for about an hour. Bad idea but it gave me a great test as the motor was through the break in period.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:15 AM

i actually think the c63 sedans come from Alabama as well. The coupes come from Germany. I wanted to do euro delivery on my sedan but they said I can't because it's built in the USA. So ideally the car should be here soon. Then again my sales person could've got it wrong but he's been on top of everything. Thanks for the feedback tho. I'm always hoping best case scenario. I want the damn car already. They let me test a used one they got in. Threw me the keys and let me take it out for about an hour. Bad idea but it gave me a great test as the motor was through the break in period.
All C63s, coupe or sedan, come from Germany. You were given incorrect info.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
All C63s, coupe or sedan, come from Germany. You were given incorrect info.
Sorry but it is you that has the incorrect info.
The C63S sedans are assembled in Vance AL. The engine and trans are made in Germany.
Mine was made there.--My window sticker says: For this vehicle Final Assembly Point: Vance Alabama USA
You are correct that the coupe is made in Germany.

Last edited by RDOCA; 08-29-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by RDOCA
Sorry but it is you that has the incorrect info.
The C63S sedans are assembled in Vance AL. The engine and trans are made in Germany.
Mine was made there.--My window sticker says: For this vehicle Final Assembly Point: Vance Alabama USA
You are correct that the coupe is made in Germany.
My SA is slowly losing his credibility with me! Thank you for the correction!
Old 08-29-2016, 11:07 AM

2017 c63 Amg s (almost)
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
My SA is slowly losing his credibility with me! Thank you for the correction!
Thats what I was thinking but I figured someone on the forums would know more than me. So realistically I should be able to expect the car any day now? It can't take more than 5 days to ship.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Thats what I was thinking but I figured someone on the forums would know more than me. So realistically I should be able to expect the car any day now? It can't take more than 5 days to ship.

The guys at the San Diego dealer I bought from usually say about 12 days after build and mine was right at that time frame. Not much longer to Seattle I would think.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:09 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
^^^ FYI to all just run a VIN check and everything about your car will come up, in this case both Country and actual assembly plant or factory will be revealed

The W205 AMG C63 is built and supplied from Germany to all Countries except the U.S market, as mentioned above they are assembled in the U.S. for the U.S market only and only for the sedan.

The C205 AMG C63 Coupe is built and supplied from Germany to all Countries including the U.S market.