Can't lower lights with adjuster screws

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Can't lower lights with adjuster screws

Ok..............I finnally need to get this done cause the local cops stopped me for it. When I had the halogens in I had no problems! Ever since I got the HID 8000K installled my beam is facing high well high enough to have people flicker their high beams at me and lastnight dec 28th a cop stopped me and I was behinnd him at first. He asked me if I had my high beams on and had me demonstrate and once I proved it he let me go. I tried adjusting the screws down but nothing happens! I have bi-zenon look Depo clear lenses with 8000k HID KIT. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED SOMETHING LIKE THIS?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:37 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
the up-down adjusting screw is the lower one on the headlight assembly. The top one directly above is for the _/ flap angle. hope this help.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
I had one of mine break and it wouldn't adjust. I replaced it and now it's fine.

What are you doing over the holidays? Want to come by and get that Intake issue resolved and to take a look at the lights?

I need to install the CF lip, clean my air filters, and other misc things to a friends car.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
I had one of mine break and it wouldn't adjust. I replaced it and now it's fine.

What are you doing over the holidays? Want to come by and get that Intake issue resolved and to take a look at the lights?

I need to install the CF lip, clean my air filters, and other misc things to a friends car.
FRANKW I did a search a found out prior to posting which one it was before I tried but nothing moved.
AMG-JERRY How r u looking on Saturday?(2morrow)
and if my screw is damaged how easy is it to find out or replace it?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:04 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by c32used
FRANKW I did a search a found out prior to posting which one it was before I tried but nothing moved.
AMG-JERRY How r u looking on Saturday?(2morrow)
and if my screw is damaged how easy is it to find out or replace it?

Around noon will be good.

If the screw is broken, then it can't be fixed. An easy way to tell is to shake the light and see if it moves around on the inside. My projector would easily move up and down.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
I'm on the same boat. People flip me off all the time while driving at night. I replaced my xenon with bixenons and I guess they are level too high.

When ppl flick their lights at me I usually slow down, let them pass me and show them my real HIGH beams. Then I get next to them, flip them back with both hands and take off. I'm sure they get the point.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
I'm on the same boat. People flip me off all the time while driving at night. I replaced my xenon with bixenons and I guess they are level too high.

When ppl flick their lights at me I usually slow down, let them pass me and show them my real HIGH beams. Then I get next to them, flip them back with both hands and take off. I'm sure they get the point.
Its a pitty cause after all we r at fault. I do the same as you but once the cop stopped me well its time to fix the issue.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Around noon will be good.

If the screw is broken, then it can't be fixed. An easy way to tell is to shake the light and see if it moves around on the inside. My projector would easily move up and down.
I will see you then around noon. If you are talking about the projector that the HID is on then yes it moves up and down.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:42 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it actually should be an easy fix...i had this happen to me when i put my bi-xenon headlights in...i thought something was broken so i removed the headlight and figured out that the projector bulb was moving around inside the housing...here is the fix:

take the projector (you have to remove the service cover from the back of the light) with your hand and push up on the back of it (this will face the light down), with your other hand, use a screw driver to reseat the adjustment screw turning clockwise so that it catches and moves it down...if you try to aim your headlight too high, this will happen...

hope this helps...happy holidays!
Old 12-29-2006, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
it actually should be an easy fix...i had this happen to me when i put my bi-xenon headlights in...i thought something was broken so i removed the headlight and figured out that the projector bulb was moving around inside the housing...here is the fix:

take the projector (you have to remove the service cover from the back of the light) with your hand and push up on the back of it (this will face the light down), with your other hand, use a screw driver to reseat the adjustment screw turning clockwise so that it catches and moves it down...if you try to aim your headlight too high, this will happen...

hope this helps...happy holidays!
I AM GONNA VISIT AMG-JERRY 2MORROW MAYBE HE CAN TRY IT OUT. I ONLY HAVE A LEFT HAND SO I CAN ONLY DO ONE THING AT A TIME. THANKS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!