Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It has arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
It has arrived! (Pics and thoughts added)

Finally got the email from my dealer today that I should be able to pick the car up tonight!

Black on black '09 C63 with:
P2 Premium Package
iPod Integration Kit
AMG Leather Package
Multimedia Package

I will post up pictures, first impressions, and the final deal $$$ soon.

The suspense is killing me!

Last edited by dam225; 07-30-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
right on buddy, happy for ya.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:02 PM

2006 Lotus Elise
Right on! I'm picking up my '09 today, as well.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Faze
Right on! I'm picking up my '09 today, as well.
Sweet...what color did you get? The hardest choice for me about this car was:

1) color
2) would I fit in the seats

We shall see if I chose right! LOL
Old 07-28-2008, 01:47 PM

2006 Lotus Elise
792 Palladium Silver $720
201 Black AMG Premium Leather
P02 P02 Premium Package: Bi-Xenon Headlamps $1,100
057 iPod Integration Kit $375
318 318 AMG Leather Package: AMG Premium Lea $2,980
320 320 Multimedia Package: 7-inch Power Ret $2,980
732 Black Maple Wood Trim
Old 07-28-2008, 02:08 PM
iku

slk32(gone), 08 c63.
bi-xenon isn't standard? imagine a c63 with normal halogen lights..
Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Congrats to both of you!

Where are you located?
Old 07-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Almost a Member!

2009 C63 AMG
Congrats guys!!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by iku
bi-xenon isn't standard? imagine a c63 with normal halogen lights..
unfortunately, bi-xenon is not standard
Old 07-28-2008, 05:49 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
Congrats to both of you!

Where are you located?
VA

Just an FYI since I saw some people asking, my insurance is $622 every 6-months for the C63 (including gap insurance).
Old 07-28-2008, 06:21 PM

2006 Lotus Elise
I'm in Atlanta. I went and test drove mine, going to sleep on it. If I decide to pass I'll call the dealer around 11 tomorrow. Exceptional car, just not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. Kind of bittersweet after such a long wait.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:21 PM

2009 C63
I'm in Atlanta. I went and test drove mine, going to sleep on it. If I decide to pass I'll call the dealer around 11 tomorrow. Exceptional car, just not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. Kind of bittersweet after such a long wait.
What didn't you like?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:04 AM

2006 Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by dam225
What didn't you like?
A bunch of little things really. Most are just my personal preference:

- Seats, side bolsters make getting in/out a pain and not very practical. They look like they are going to wear badly no matter what you do. I'm 6'-0" 180 lbs and they fit me ok, but I know several people who would *not* be able to ride up front comfortably (and they aren't even that large).

- iPhone/iPod/phone integration is terrible (might be better aftermarket integration). That nav/command system is just abysmal. Miss park assist, tilt down side mirrors, etc.. I know some are available in the E, but that car is much larger than I was looking for. It's not important to some people, but I want this type of convenience in the car I have to drive every day.

- Dash/front interior feels cheap for a 70k car

- It's a 70k C Class. I am having a hard time accepting the depreciation like that right off the lot.

- Suspension was very soft, I thought the PP would be too hard, but it might be better than the car with base suspension as I ordered it. During my test drive, it felt like the car had some body roll.

Overall, my obsession of the car did not live up to my expectations. I was not as passionate about the car after driving it.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
I think driving a Lotus has skewed your perceptions of what a regular car would be like. While I don't think the suspension is soft, all cars have some degree of body roll at some point. The C63 is still a Mercedes afterall.

You might wanna check out the M3 sedan then?

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 07-29-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Congrads! We will be waiting for the pics!

Enjoy In Great Health!

Merc-Skycap
Old 07-29-2008, 02:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A bunch of little things really. Most are just my personal preference:

- Seats, side bolsters make getting in/out a pain and not very practical. They look like they are going to wear badly no matter what you do. I'm 6'-0" 180 lbs and they fit me ok, but I know several people who would *not* be able to ride up front comfortably (and they aren't even that large).

- iPhone/iPod/phone integration is terrible (might be better aftermarket integration). That nav/command system is just abysmal. Miss park assist, tilt down side mirrors, etc.. I know some are available in the E, but that car is much larger than I was looking for. It's not important to some people, but I want this type of convenience in the car I have to drive every day.

- Dash/front interior feels cheap for a 70k car

- It's a 70k C Class. I am having a hard time accepting the depreciation like that right off the lot.

- Suspension was very soft, I thought the PP would be too hard, but it might be better than the car with base suspension as I ordered it. During my test drive, it felt like the car had some body roll.

Overall, my obsession of the car did not live up to my expectations. I was not as passionate about the car after driving it.
Interesting? Each to his own. Your not the first to complain about the seats, nor will you be the last. I can't say I agree with you, but you are entitled to your opinion. Sometimes the hype increases peoples expectations ten fold. Anyhow, Good luck in your decision.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
FWIW - I'm 6'4" and 265lbs - the seats fit just fine. My body build is mostly torso (32" inseam) and I don't have any probs with the seats. In fact, they hold just right so I'm not flailing around. I agree that I think they'll wear - especially with my large frame and broad shoulders - but thankfully my shoulders clear above the bolsters.

I too am totally shocked at the lousy quality of the comand system. It's 2009 for Peet's sake (lol). The fact that the ipod displays only in the center display and that I can't load my iphone phone book is ridiculous.

BUT

that growl more than makes up for it. It's something else to see the look on a Mustang GT (modded) owner's face when this thing rolls up. They are in absolute disbelief.

Please 1000 miles soon. Please... I need to play with paddles.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:07 PM

2009 C63
Short on time tonight because of playing with my new black beauty. Here are some pics my wife snapped before her camera battery died. More to come.
Attached Thumbnails It has arrived!-dscn1847.jpg   It has arrived!-dscn1848.jpg   It has arrived!-dscn1849.jpg   It has arrived!-dscn1850.jpg   It has arrived!-dscn1851.jpg  

It has arrived!-dscn1852.jpg  
Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Short on time tonight because of playing with my new black beauty. Here are some pics my wife snapped before her camera battery died. More to come.
Hey Good Luck!!!! Looks Great!

I also ordered Black, as I had said before Black looks 1k better in person.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 PM

Alot of cars
I believe auto tilt down side mirrors in reverse option is standard, you just have to set it in the instrument cluster menu.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:45 PM

C63 amg '08, ML 500 '03
nice congrats
Old 07-30-2008, 05:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M5 Jahre Edition S, KTM 1290R Super Duke ,C63 AMG 2011[Gone],A45 AMG 2013, MV Agusta 750 [2000]
Nice Congrats also

Hey Pete, I have my iphone and all contacts working okay, Im using the bluetooth phone cradle as opposed to the original find and seek method. Works damn fine .Maybe need to re-load it again?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:48 AM

2009 C63
Couple of first impressions.

I have not really had an opportunity to drive it much as most of my time in the machine has been in traffic, but I can see this is going to be an awesome experience though. I'm coming from a 2001 biturbo S4 and this is a whole other beast for me. Hopefully I can open her up a little bit in the VERY near future!

Again, I haven't really had a chance to push it even a little but, as everyone already knows, the sound is just awesome. When you start it up the only way I can describe it is its like you just disturbed a sleeping lion and he is really pissed off. It is a nasty growl. I love it. Oh and the throttle blips are VERY cool! The sound of this car certainly turns heads.

I like the design/styling even more in person than in pictures. The wheel/break set up (even though I wish it had 19") looks awesome and it really has a menacing yet subtle design in my opinion. Its not over the top like some sport cars. Like I mentioned, one of the hardest decisions about this car for me was the color. I was choosing between steel grey, black, and white, and I have to say the plain black looks absolutely stunning in person...very rich and dark. I'm happy with my decision.

I don't know what all the fuss is about the nav/command center. I think many of you must be really spoiled because so far it is not bad at all. Now I haven't spent much time with it yet but the voice command is really cool and I was able to sync my phone extremely easily (great clearness on calls). The NAV system is easy to use so far and I haven't even cracked the manual yet (which is about seven million pages LOL...should be for some good reading this weekend). I was very impressed with the speaker system as well. Awesome clarity and depth.

The ride does seem a little stiff but to be honest I don't have much to compare it with since this is my first new car since my S4 and I am new to very high end sports cars.

Now, the seats! LOL. They are tight. I was praying they would be bigger than I feared but they are not. Nothing that would keep me from buying this car because everything else is outstanding, but for someone with my build they are tight. My wife is 5'5" or 5'6" and about 130 and they fit her perfect. I am 5'9" and about 220 (50" jacket 34" waist) and am a bodybuilder so I expected the seats to be snug. At first it was a shock and I was scared but after about 20-30 minutes in them I seemed to get used to them and I fit snuggly right in. I also like to drive with the seats reclined some so this allows my back to sit up over the side bolsters. I really think they should have made these seats optional on this car. I'm sure I will get used to them but it will take a little time.

And for those who are interested, I paid about $2200-$2300 under sticker.

Best,
Doug
Old 07-30-2008, 10:13 AM

2009 C63
Couple of first impressions.

I have not really had an opportunity to drive it much as most of my time in the machine has been in traffic, but I can see this is going to be an awesome experience though. I'm coming from a 2001 biturbo S4 and this is a whole other beast for me. Hopefully I can open her up a little bit in the VERY near future!

Again, I haven't really had a chance to push it even a little but, as everyone already knows, the sound is just awesome. When you start it up the only way I can describe it is its like you just disturbed a sleeping lion and he is really pissed off. It is a nasty growl. I love it. Oh and the throttle blips are VERY cool! The sound of this car certainly turns heads.

I like the design/styling even more in person than in pictures. The wheel/break set up (even though I wish it had 19") looks awesome and it really has a menacing yet subtle design in my opinion. Its not over the top like some sport cars. Like I mentioned, one of the hardest decisions about this car for me was the color. I was choosing between steel grey, black, and white, and I have to say the plain black looks absolutely stunning in person...very rich and dark. I'm happy with my decision.

I don't know what all the fuss is about the nav/command center. I think many of you must be really spoiled because so far it is not bad at all. Now I haven't spent much time with it yet but the voice command is really cool and I was able to sync my phone extremely easily (great clearness on calls). The NAV system is easy to use so far and I haven't even cracked the manual yet (which is about seven million pages LOL...should be for some good reading this weekend). I was very impressed with the speaker system as well. Awesome clarity and depth.

The ride does seem a little stiff but to be honest I don't have much to compare it with since this is my first new car since my S4 and I am new to very high end sports cars.

Now, the seats! LOL. They are tight. I was praying they would be bigger than I feared but they are not. Nothing that would keep me from buying this car because everything else is outstanding, but for someone with my build they are tight. My wife is 5'5" or 5'6" and about 130 and they fit her perfect. I am 5'9" and about 220 (50" jacket 34" waist) and am a bodybuilder so I expected the seats to be snug. At first it was a shock and I was scared but after about 20-30 minutes in them I seemed to get used to them and I fit snuggly right in. I also like to drive with the seats reclined some so this allows my back to sit up over the side bolsters. I really think they should have made these seats optional on this car. I'm sure I will get used to them but it will take a little time.

And for those who are interested, I paid about $2200-$2300 under sticker.

Best,
Doug
Congrats on the new ride... I am 500 miles into mine and just love it more and more each day.... I concur with all of your opinions by the way.... especially the MM as I think it is OK and have had no issues synching my address book from my BB and the voice command works really well.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 AM

2009 C63
LOL This car does turn heads. Some guy in a WRX pulled up next to me and then zigzagged in front of me on the way to work today. It was pretty funny. I pulled up next to him and hit it up to only about 4000-4500 RPMs and the sound the car made basically told him he doesn't want any of this. I then let him fly by me like an idiot LOL. The look on his face was priceless. Everyone seems to want to race. I have not bit yet and won't for a while. Trying to baby the black beauty for a little. I'm sure that will end soon!

I'm liking the seats more and more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It has arrived!