C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Delay on all AMG models??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc C63 wagon (hopefully!)
Delay on all AMG models??

So....my dealer told me today that my supposed July build for my C63 wagon has now been postponed to......freakin late November!!
The reason for this, as he tells me, is that some of AMG's part manufacturers have closed down due to the GFC....so there is a global shortage of parts.
Add to that a delay in sourcing diamond white paint too.
He also tells me that a bulletin has been sent out to all MB dealers (in Australia anyway) notifying them of the delay in production in - so to get their orders in now.

Am I having my chain yanked here??

How can the waiting time balloon out like that?

Another dilemma is whether I should just wait a few more months for a 2013 build?

Should I ask around other dealers to see if they have info on this supposed delay too?
So annoyed....I have put down a $3k deposit too, but what are my chances of getting it back if I cancel the order?

Sorry for the rant, but just pissed right now, so I hope some of you guys can offer me some good advice on what I should do...

Thanks heaps
Old 05-14-2012, 08:45 AM

AMG
My Black have been postponed from early May to late July.....
Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 AM

I don't understand how you can have such a big delay all of a sudden-do they just push aside our orders for more volume sellers??
Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 AM

C63
I waited almost 7 months for my car. My dealer said it is "normal" to have to wait a long time for AMG cars. I can understand 1-2 months delay but July to November seems a bit far-fetched. I will definitely go to another dealer and see what they say if you order a car with the same specs from them. If your dealer is telling the truth you should get consistent answers from other dealers.

I really feel for you as the wait for me was a killer. Reading through these forums really helped past the time though.

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
many AMGs and MBs
There is a temporary (couple months) shortage of 6.2 engines for the 63's. I believe it to be a parts issue. Learned this yesterday when ordering an ML63. There is also a shortage of pano roofs again for those interested in an ML63
Old 05-16-2012, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Go to another dealer. They may have an allocation coming in a sooner build that they can switch up to meet your specs. Time is running out though if its at all possible. This is exactly what I did - finalized the order in December for January build, car was in my hands on valentines day. My GM pushed hard to switch up an allocation he had coming to meet my specs.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:29 AM

C63 AMG, BMW 135i
Parts delay or not, it sounds like a typical wait to me, give or take a month or so.

If you’re getting a November car, shouldn’t it already be an MY2013?

I thought the year model changed every July and anything produced after that month came spec’d as the following year model. In your case it should be a MY2013.

Check with your dealer and see what they have to say on the issue.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911
Originally Posted by vtmbdlr
There is a temporary (couple months) shortage of 6.2 engines for the 63's. I believe it to be a parts issue. Learned this yesterday when ordering an ML63. There is also a shortage of pano roofs again for those interested in an ML63
I will kill myself if this is true.

I know, it sounds pathetic, but that's how badly I need this car in my life.

No emo
Old 05-17-2012, 08:17 AM

Waiting to hear from dealer principal to see if they can get earlier allocation.
Yes, my one will be MY13, but don't know if I can be bothered waiting it out for a 2013 build cos that would mean delivery in march!
I may just have to take an existing demo car instead....
Getting ridiculous
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by vtmbdlr
ML 63 doesn't use the 6.2L.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 AM

many AMGs and MBs
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
ML 63 doesn't use the 6.2L.
My bad you are correct !
When we talked to distribution about our order they just said no engines for a bit on the ML63's which is the 5.5
Old 05-17-2012, 11:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by WagsC63
So....my dealer told me today that my supposed July build for my C63 wagon has now been postponed to......freakin late November!!
The reason for this, as he tells me, is that some of AMG's part manufacturers have closed down due to the GFC....so there is a global shortage of parts.
Add to that a delay in sourcing diamond white paint too.
He also tells me that a bulletin has been sent out to all MB dealers (in Australia anyway) notifying them of the delay in production in - so to get their orders in now.

Am I having my chain yanked here??

How can the waiting time balloon out like that?

Another dilemma is whether I should just wait a few more months for a 2013 build?

Should I ask around other dealers to see if they have info on this supposed delay too?
So annoyed....I have put down a $3k deposit too, but what are my chances of getting it back if I cancel the order?

Sorry for the rant, but just pissed right now, so I hope some of you guys can offer me some good advice on what I should do...

Thanks heaps

Just curious but is yours with the Performance Pack? Read on here not so long ago that there was unexpected demand worldwide for the high output motor and this was pushing out waiting times. The small (RHD) Australian market is likely to suffer even more than other markets where production delays are concerned - Mercedes/AMG will naturally look to accommodate the EU/US markets first - and then throw in even more of a delay because wagons probably get pushed even further down the waitlist given there are so few of them sold.