My GTR got delayed even further

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 01:41 PM

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 MB C63s Coupe RENNtech
My GTR got delayed even further

Hey members.

I am in Florida and been reading all the GTR updates so wanted to share my situation.
So my car was last updated on 5/22/2017 as 'produced not shipped. Since then my dealer has received no updates and in fact on the dealer screen my car no has no ETA. I have some friends at MBUSA and reached out to them for an update. This is what i got, and to date the dealer has still not been notified of this update either. I am not happy about it, but what can you do. Wanted to share for others in the same boat....Im sure the car will be worth the wait but its a shame my car might not be arriving till October/November.

The explanation for the delay in the shipment of your car is as simple as it is unfortunate: the build contains the Exterior Carbon Fiber Package, which cannot be built until September production. We have informed all dealers about this situation and were hoping this unfortunate delay is conveyed to all affected customers.

We apologize for the delay as I am sure you are anxious to take delivery of this very special vehicle. If it makes you feel any better: we are experiencing some certification delays on this vehicle, so we won't be able to release any GT R before mid-to-end August anyway.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 702 Likes on 535 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle
Hey members.

I am in Florida and been reading all the GTR updates so wanted to share my situation.
So my car was last updated on 5/22/2017 as 'produced not shipped. Since then my dealer has received no updates and in fact on the dealer screen my car no has no ETA. I have some friends at MBUSA and reached out to them for an update. This is what i got, and to date the dealer has still not been notified of this update either. I am not happy about it, but what can you do. Wanted to share for others in the same boat....Im sure the car will be worth the wait but its a shame my car might not be arriving till October/November.

The explanation for the delay in the shipment of your car is as simple as it is unfortunate: the build contains the Exterior Carbon Fiber Package, which cannot be built until September production. We have informed all dealers about this situation and were hoping this unfortunate delay is conveyed to all affected customers.

We apologize for the delay as I am sure you are anxious to take delivery of this very special vehicle. If it makes you feel any better: we are experiencing some certification delays on this vehicle, so we won't be able to release any GT R before mid-to-end August anyway.
There you go big guy. Nice job reaching above dealer level as I did.

GT3s delayed as well to same time frame.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 07-19-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:32 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
That's a pretty unpleasant delay especially when I would imagine you are both itching for your cars to arrive. At least they appear to be being honest about it and actually responding!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:42 PM

On a positive note i got told my GT3.2 is arriving mid September so that was todays good news.

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
There you go big guy. Nice job reaching above dealer level as I did.

GT3s delayed as well to same time frame.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
On a positive note i got told my GT3.2 is arriving mid September so that was todays good news.
Well you must be in Europe, because all USA is delayed.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
LOL I just stopped feeling sorry for you I tried to order a GTR - no, GTC ED1 - no, GT3 - no, GT3 RS - no, GT3.2 - no, GT2 - hahaha no.
The following users liked this post:
RazzleDazzle (07-19-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 01:56 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43

My build date is October with January delivery, can't wait to hear your feedback on the .2. Did you go manual or PDK?
Old 07-20-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
My build date is October with January delivery, can't wait to hear your feedback on the .2. Did you go manual or PDK?
Im sure it'll be amazing haha. I went PDK. I just picked up a 2016 Boxster Spyder so figure that'll give me my manual kicks..
According to dealers screenshot my car exits production tomorrow to arrive at Jacksonville port Sept 1. Hoping thats accurate.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:27 PM

I went with a PDK as well since I will track the car. I have until Oct 27th to decide on color, as of right now I have it ordered in white with black HID's, front axle lift, PCCB's, carbon mirrors, black door handles, LWBS, satin black wheels, CXX yellow stitching, yellow seat belts etc. etc.,, but I just don't know about the color, driving me nuts.
On another note, I was trying to get a MB GTR, but my dealer will not be getting any allocations for one and I am not willing to go to another dealer since mine is so close. If that was available I would have went that route instead of the .2 GT3, but oh well either car is good enough..lol
Old 07-20-2017, 03:38 PM

I went with a PDK as well since I will track the car. I have until Oct 27th to decide on color, as of right now I have it ordered in white with black HID's, front axle lift, PCCB's, carbon mirrors, black door handles, LWBS, satin black wheels, CXX yellow stitching, yellow seat belts etc. etc.,, but I just don't know about the color, driving me nuts.
On another note, I was trying to get a MB GTR, but my dealer will not be getting any allocations for one and I am not willing to go to another dealer since mine is so close. If that was available I would have went that route instead of the .2 GT3, but oh well either car is good enough..lol
Nice build. See attached for my build, i went for Carrara white this time. Im not sure what the GTR resale will be, but if i had to pick one or the other it would be the GT3.2, its such a great car and safe bet if you ever have to get back out of it. I was pretty excited for the GTR but with this delay I've lost a little of my motivation so you never know it might be up for sale when it arrives haha.
Attached Thumbnails My GTR got delayed even further-gt3.2.jpg  
Old 07-20-2017, 03:53 PM

Nice, I was going to go with CWM but the regular white is a little brighter, the metallic in the CWM pops though. Nice build, should be badass. I'll get my build on here later tonight when I get home from work.
RazzleDazzle (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
14 E63S Wagon, 16 GTS Edition1 (Sold), 17 SL450 designo edition
On another note, I was trying to get a MB GTR, but my dealer will not be getting any allocations for one and I am not willing to go to another dealer since mine is so close.

Perhaps you have already explored this but sometimes a general manager can trade inventory to another dealership in exchange for an allocation. Also, depending on how good a relationship your dealer has with the area representative, they can sometimes provide one.

Such was the case with my small dealership when I ordered my E63 wagon a few years back.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 966 Likes on 581 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Allocations do seem to be scarce here in the USA. Perhaps it's just because the GT R includes newer options that are in very short supply, but it's a shame that the order books aren't more open.
Bish
Old 07-21-2017, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Hey members.

FRIDAY 7/21 1:00pm EST I just received a call from my dealer. MB has now officially revised their release date for the GTR, GTC and E63S to "late 3rd quarter." No official reason why was provided.

Last edited by JSwan724; 07-21-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:30 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by JSwan724
FRIDAY 7/21 1:00pm EST I just received a call from my dealer. MB has now officially revised their release date for the GTR, GTC and E63S to "late 3rd quarter." No official reason why was provided.
This is crazy! They obviously know the reason why. I guess this is their definition of customer service.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by JSwan724
This is direct from my AMG Regional Manager today:

Folks - Unfortunate news on the certification of the E63W4S, GT R, and GT CA. Vehicle launches have been pushed to late August. All release timing is tentative as of right now.

Dealer communication – I will be sending a note early tomorrow morning to all AMG Performance Center dealers stating the wholesale release timing has been pushed from this month to late next month on these.

This is an emissions certification delay. Very unfortunate. Was hoping to get the car up to Pebble Beach in a few weeks.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:54 PM

See attached for my build, i went for Carrara white this time. Im not sure what the GTR resale will be, but if i had to pick one or the other it would be the GT3.2, its such a great car and safe bet if you ever have to get back out of it. I was pretty excited for the GTR but with this delay I've lost a little of my motivation so you never know it might be up for sale when it arrives haha.
Attached Thumbnails

RazzleDazzle,
My build sheet for my GT3.2, it has Carrera White Metallic right now but will go with regular White if I actually go with White at all, the color choice decision is making me not sleep at night..lol. I have until Oct 27th to make any/final changes before production.
Attached Thumbnails My GTR got delayed even further-gt3.2-2.jpg   My GTR got delayed even further-gt3.2-1.jpg   My GTR got delayed even further-gt3.2-3.jpg   My GTR got delayed even further-gt3.2-4.jpg  

Last edited by RobbieRob; 07-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.
RazzleDazzle (07-22-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 03:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 Mercedes A250 Sport 4matic, 2014 Mercedes GL 350d, 73 450 SL. Coming GLC43 AMG and GT R
I got my GT R and have driven it 1000 km

I have had my GT R for 2 weeks today and have driven it 1000 km and it is worth the wait.
I absolutely love the car. I have had a GT S, but this is a totally different animal.
it is perfect in all aspects in my view.
The sound
The handling
The sound
The look
Old 07-21-2017, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
What comes to mind here is that if 1 part is not available then you can't deliver a car.....
Old 07-22-2017, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
This is direct from my AMG Regional Manager today:

Folks - Unfortunate news on the certification of the E63W4S, GT R, and GT CA. Vehicle launches have been pushed to late August. All release timing is tentative as of right now.

Dealer communication – I will be sending a note early tomorrow morning to all AMG Performance Center dealers stating the wholesale release timing has been pushed from this month to late next month on these.

This is an emissions certification delay. Very unfortunate. Was hoping to get the car up to Pebble Beach in a few weeks.

I'll bet the EPA wants a gas guzzler tax add to these larger turbo/horsepower cars in addition to restating the city/highway mpg numbers and emissions under the new and revised VW calculations formula.

As you may have recently read this issue has now spread over to the new Porsche platforms as well.

Regards
Old 07-22-2017, 12:02 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
Old 07-22-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby
Got the same from my dealer earlier today.
Attached Thumbnails My GTR got delayed even further-merc.jpg  
Old 08-02-2017, 03:24 PM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
Hey Guys. my build date is August, and delivery end of September.

Have not heard of any delays, but im sure I will get them as a few other Canadian guys got the warning,

I went Magno Grey, CCB, yellow stitching, all carbon options
Old 08-02-2017, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by AHI
Hey Guys. my build date is August, and delivery end of September.

Have not heard of any delays, but im sure I will get them as a few other Canadian guys got the warning,

I went Magno Grey, CCB, yellow stitching, all carbon options
Actually this may be good news for the rest of us US "GTR owners in waiting".

If they are giving you build and delivery dates in late September we may just see the ones that are stored at the US VPC's by the end of August as MB Marketing stated in their letter. The only rub is you are in Canada and at least one GTR has already been delivered to Toronto not long ago while us US owners heard "crickets".

Lets hope it works out for all of us.

Regards

Last edited by JSwan724; 08-02-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:46 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 AMG GT S
There is another yellow one already delivered in Canada .......

Facebook Post

Attached Thumbnails My GTR got delayed even further-zzz-dfhyum2waaewkey.jpg-large.jpg  

Last edited by Gojirra99; 08-02-2017 at 07:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My GTR got delayed even further