Mercedes Benz EQA Dash Cam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes EQA 250
Arrow Mercedes Benz EQA Dash Cam

My Mercedes EQA 250 has a feature called Dash Cam in it but the licence of it is deactivated. I have contacted Mercedes Me support and the dealer as well, They have no clue about this dashcam feature. If anyone in Australia is using this dashcam in their Mercedes, let me now how did they activaed it.

If you go to System and Licences, You can see that the DashCam is deactivated
The following users liked this post:
MJ50 (11-22-2021)
Old 01-28-2022, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQA 250
EQA Dashcam

We just bought an EQA as well and a suitable dashcam installation came up. In the light that dashcams these days are a very important accessory and that EVs have plenty of cameras installed it is really abnormal not to include a SD card slot to record at least front and back sections. How difficult and costly can that be? Tesla has implemented that very nicely. Might have to ping customer support in Bremen Germany, were these cars are built. I guess besides the licence there needs to be recording hardware which is probably not installed :/
Old 01-28-2022, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 563 Posts
N/A
If your car has the AR navigation feature, you can activate dashcam by purchasing it through the Mercedes me Store. There is no other way to activate it.
Old 01-28-2022, 08:44 PM

EQA 250
Dashcam for EQA

Yes indeed, the option is there. Just saw it on a YouTube video from the UK.
We will test this out in a couple of days when the car is delivered. In Australia we have certain add on packages when buying an EQ which we opted for.
This will be either part of the Vision or MBUX Innovation package I assume.
In the YouTube video from the UK it shows that you need to purchase a USB stick for recording plus a USB A to USB C adapter and in the UK the cam does not seem to automatically
start recording due to some "privacy laws". We have a Tesla 3 in the family here as well, there it starts automatically. So hopefully it will do it as well
on the EQA in Australia when installed. Having to switch it on manually every time you drive would be a real pain. Also the UK video showed that it records seemingly only the front
and the sample recordings indicated an outdated low 720p resolution. That might not give you clear number plate readability for example. It is too early to judge but if this is all that dashcam can do we will install
a better of the shelf dashcam which can record in at least 2K front and back.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:46 PM

EQA 250
Ok, it’s official and this applies to Australia only. According to Mercedes the dash-cam feature in an EQA is not available in Australia. Why not, nobody knows.