Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

dension aux-in d2b / bose for audio 10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c sportcoupe
dension aux-in d2b / bose for audio 10

hey everyone

i have installed, with success , the aux-in d2b adapter from dension. it works fine, but after 30 to 40 minutes of sound, the signal gets lost with a pop/statical sound, and then for 10 to 20 minutes i have no sound in my bose system. After that, there is signal again and the sound is back ! .

it is clearly that the optical-fiber loops get interrupted, but what may be the cause ? I send an email to dension already, but still no reply.

does anyone of you have some hints (yes, the optical fibre is as straight as possible)
Old 03-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Maybe the apapter is getting hot and shutting down ?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:24 AM
Almost a Member!

mercedes c sportcoupe
Today i received an email from dension support that they are aware of the problem, and they foresee a solution within 2 to 3 weeks.

Apparantly they have other customers with the same problem. I'll keep you guys posted !
Old 05-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Almost a Member!

mercedes c sportcoupe
hi,

apparantly, after the firm had resend a new aux-in cable (based on the icelink interface but with aux-in) i had the same problem. that is : no sound after 20 to 30 minutes.... but.... with the airco turned off completely, the device keeps playing and playing and playing.... so there may be a problem with my power .... it is allthough attached to the power wires of the cd changer so, could it be that this device uses too much power ? anyone attached an icelink and has a supplemental battery, or other power source for the icelink (note that there is a GPS, and an extra subwoofer with amp of 200 watts rms attached to my bose sound system , all attached on the "geniune battery)

or do you guys attach it to the normal batterij setup ?