Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Make DVD-Nav Command to play DVDs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
Make DVD-Nav Command to play DVDs

I do not have any skill or training in this, but I went to Phantom Electronics, which are very good with stuff like what I am about to say, and the guy at the desk told me all you have to do is take the GREEN WIRE and attach it to the GROUND WIRE. He then said that you are able to play DVDs. So don't buy a new command for 400 dollars or more,, try this out first. I might try to do this myself, if I do I will post pictures of the process.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Realize that you run a very good chance of making your COMAND go POOF. Unless you have a VERY sympathetic dealer, that will be a very expensive experiment. MbenzNL will be able to tell you what if anything can make it work. Steve is amazingly capable. I trust no one else.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
Originally Posted by SLK 55 AMG
I do not have any skill or training in this, but I went to Phantom Electronics, which are very good with stuff like what I am about to say, and the guy at the desk told me all you have to do is take the GREEN WIRE and attach it to the GROUND WIRE. He then said that you are able to play DVDs. So don't buy a new command for 400 dollars or more,, try this out first. I might try to do this myself, if I do I will post pictures of the process.
Sounds like a great way to get a new Comand unit -- whether you want one or not. If you try this and it works, I will be among the first to apologize. If you try it and it fries your Comand, please let us know, and enjoy the new one (with or without DVD play capability).