Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Antenna Location (FM Modulator)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antenna Location (FM Modulator)

quick question here...figured someone could help me...I need to put an FM Modulator in 2 different Mercedes (for an XM radio). I know fm modulator are sub-par but the owner wont budge.

I cant find the antenna to plug the modulator in...

one is a 2000 S430 and one is a 2003 E55 AMG...

does anyone know where i can find the antenna connection to plug the modulator in?

I've heard numerous things...in the trunk...in the glovebox, etc...but i cant find anything solid...any help is appreciated...

Thanks!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by suprnova
quick question here...figured someone could help me...I need to put an FM Modulator in 2 different Mercedes (for an XM radio). I know fm modulator are sub-par but the owner wont budge.

I cant find the antenna to plug the modulator in...

one is a 2000 S430 and one is a 2003 E55 AMG...

does anyone know where i can find the antenna connection to plug the modulator in?

I've heard numerous things...in the trunk...in the glovebox, etc...but i cant find anything solid...any help is appreciated...

Thanks!!!
2000 S430... connector is back of the radio. Just like where you would expect. 2003 E55 AMG... connector is on the side of the radio receiver. But the radio receiver is actually in the trunk, behind the left side panel, BEHIND the trunk hinge.

If you're having trouble finding the connector on the S-class, no disrespect intended, you may want to leave the E55 alone, and leave those sorts of things to people with more experience with Mercedes. There's a lot you can mess up if you aren't completely sure what you are doing.

-s-
Old 04-13-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no disrespect taken...thanks for the info...im not actually doing the work myself...I was just asked to farm the info up...

thanks youve been a GREAT HELP!!!