Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Navi and Voice Control/ Phone Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Navi and Voice Control/ Phone Question

I have a few questions.

1) I have heard that if you plot a trip with the NAVI system, you can take out the CD and then use it as a single CD player. I doubt it but let me know if this is true.

2) When using the Linguatronic system (Voice Control in U.S.) does the cell phone have to be plugged into its cradle? I know voice dialing may not work but how about controlling the CD changer and things like that?

Thanks Chaps!
Old 06-26-2002, 11:51 AM

C320 Sport Wagon
Nav/Vox Control

1) Will have to try this, but if you pull the NavData CD the system has no database to access in order to apply GPS position data. If the system pulls the planned route into separate memory then this would work-but if the design is similar to aviation nav gps, removal of the database gives you only location display not point to point info.

2) If the phone is out of cradle but still connected to the vehicle system it should have no effect. Will pull my phone and see if the other voice features are affected-suspect however that they operate independently of the phone. hmmmm
Old 06-26-2002, 11:52 AM

2001 MB CLK55
Re: Navi and Voice Control/ Phone Question

Originally posted by Silver_Lana
1) I have heard that if you plot a trip with the NAVI system, you can take out the CD and then use it as a single CD player. I doubt it but let me know if this is true.
Sure you can - you just won't be able to get step by step directions. Plot your trip, pull out the Nav CD, load up your tunes, fly by memory/intuition/whatever. Get lost, re-insert your Nav CD, select "last destinations", pick your target, and Nav re-plots your course based on your current location.

2) When using the Linguatronic system (Voice Control in U.S.) does the cell phone have to be plugged into its cradle? I know voice dialing may not work but how about controlling the CD changer and things like that?
Everything that voice control controls will be controlled, except (of course) the phone related functions.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Navi and Voice Control/ Phone Question

Originally posted by Silver_Lana

The Becker Audio 30 APS has a memory which will store the route, if it is not really long. Then the CD-ROM can be removed, and a music CD can be played. When it nav needs to give an instruction, the CD audio is turned down briefly.

COMAND apparently does not have this feature.
Old 06-26-2002, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Navi and Voice Control/ Phone Question

Originally posted by Lynn

The Becker Audio 30 APS has a memory which will store the route, if it is not really long. Then the CD-ROM can be removed, and a music CD can be played. When it nav needs to give an instruction, the CD audio is turned down briefly.

COMAND apparently does not have this feature.
Ahhhhh ... this is what iw as curious about.
I was under the impression it would cache the information in memory to get you where you were going but you couldnt change routes because there is no CD to get info from.

And thanks for the answer to the other question guys!!! :-D
Cant wait to get my C320..