Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sloooow COMMAND System Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 02:03 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sloooow COMMAND System Problem

My Command system will intermittantly act up by becoming very slow to respond to any inputs (volume knob, steering wheel buttons, changing tracks or radio stations). For example when i change tracks on a CD normally the display and the audio change immediately but when it acts up it may take 5 or 6 seconds for the track to change. Its not just the audio, Even the screen image will change very slowly - I was thinking that this was related to changes in road speed which adjusts the volume level (non bose) but then the cd or station changes shouldnt be affected shoud it? Has anyone else experienced this odd behavior from command?
Old 07-06-2002, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've only experienced this kind of problem when i had a bad cd in the changer. Took the system about 10 seconds to change tracks. But i could always pin the problem down to a scratched/messed up cd.

Your problem does not sound normal. You should take it to the dealership.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
My command knob stop working as far as rotationing function. I can't zoom in or out in the Map Mode. Scrolling the knob left or right does not worl at all.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
You should not assume an issue in one Comand model would be common with other models. There are so many different types from the very early S-class Comand to those latests models. It looks like Black Mamba is talking about the NTG4 on a W204, I'm not sure if he means the knob on the Comand unit or the one next to the gear lever, the latter one is of course a separate part.

Experience is very useful but it looses most of its value if the experience cannot be linked to a particular device type.