Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

I need helpwith aftermarket stereo in 2004 clk amg !!! please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need helpwith aftermarket stereo in 2004 clk amg !!! please

Ok, I have some problems I am desperate to fix. I have a 2004 clk amg. I took it to the best stereo shop we have here in merced )so thought) and had an aftermarket stereo installed 2 weeks ago and have had problems ever since. The installed a new deck ( pioneer premier) new rockford amp, new door speakers, and a box with subs in the trunck and new cd changer, and sirus satelite radio kit for a grand total cost of $3,700 ( I got ripped). Anyways heres where the problem starts, my radio now has no reception, it is horriable I barely get any stations. My stock bose sound sytem got great reception and sound. I have taken back to the shop 3 times and they can not fix. They say the powered antenna in the window is not hooked up and they can not find the correct wires to hook it up, they installed an antenna inside my car but it is nothing like the stock stereo even the satelite system they installed is not as good as the built in one my car already had, calls to the mercedes dealership has not helped... I do not know where to procced from here, I have a lot of money invested and all I have that works is the cd changer. I would like t know if anyone knows a soultion for this problem.... or If I should demand they give me back my money and return th system to stock. There have been other problems as well, t looks like the stereo shop used a screw driver to emove headunit and have scratched wood trim, they have lied to me many times about amp watts, they told me they could install unit so steering wheel controls would still work ( told me not possiable after system installed) plus much more. We are giving them one more chance before contacting our attorney. I would be forever thankful if anyone can help and sav us altot of touble. Any questions please email me or reply. Thank you
wd9482@aol.com