Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think?

Ok, I have a 02 clk 430 and I am putting a system in there within the next month give or so. Here are my ideas, let me know what you think:

1. Stock head unit/cd changer, jl audio clean sleep, ipod auxed to the clean sweep, 1000w jl amp and 2 500w jl subs.

2. Stock head/cd changer, jl clean sweep, ipod, 100w jl amp, 2 500w jl subs, 1 400w jl sub to new int speakers for better sound.

3. CD.DVD.NAV head unit, stock sound system.

4. CD.DVD.NAV head unit + sound sytem, ipod. w/o int speakers

5. CD.DVD.NAV + entire audio system.

I'm not sure I want to go through all the trouble of ripping apart the interior for new speakers but I'm not sure. I'm leaning towards numbers 1 and 4. What do you guys think? Of course my dream would be cd.dvd.nav/w complete system but I'm not sure I want to go through an entire costly install. What do you think I should do to get the most bang for my buck without ruining my car?

Also, if I go for number four, I can install the dvd unit with a vw harness kit and hook the sound system up through the clean sweep, correct? I'm not really sure I could be wrong.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:07 PM

nobody??
Old 10-10-2005, 02:32 AM
Almost a Member!

"02" C230K Coupe
What exactly do u want out of ur system ???? Entertainment, bass........
Old 10-10-2005, 12:30 PM

I'm looking for maxium entertainment and bass. I would love to have it all but I'm trying to save on the install and I'm asking suggestions as to what other people have done and what worked best for them.

Basically, what I am hearing, is that the best way to do it would be to swap everything out.

I have known people to use LOC's to install subs and amps but the bass quality isn't too great when you do that, so to me it probably isn't worth the money.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Almost a Member!

"02" C230K Coupe
Well if u have the bose system just swap the stock amp for a higher end 4 channel amp, get a pioneer head unit (pioneer puts out tha best sound quality) and some kick *** subs. 2 12" subs to be exact. If u want let me know how much u want to spend and i can see what i can do for u.