Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Finally: MB's own Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xaveon
I just spoke with an AWS rep to order the BT cradle. He mentioned that only approved phones will work with it. So I said that there are people on the forum that are using the Verizon Razr and got it to work. He said that when using an unapproved phone there are call quality issues, and even cases of the COMMAND locking up. He also said that if your COMMAND locks up, it is not covered under warranty because you didn't use an approved phone. For you guys that are using "unapproved" phones, is this true? Do you have any call quality issues?
That guy from AWS was feeding you a line of bs to get you to buy one of his phones. Bluetooth is bluetooth. The only thing I have noticed in pairing a Motorola MPX20, SLVR and RAZR V3i to my car is that the older MPX220 didn't download the phonebook. Call quality depends on the BT implementation in the phone and how strong of a signal you are getting from the cell towers. When I get the pre wire and MHI kit installed from the dealer they tried to give me the same song and dance about the material in the windows and the ceramic tint affecting BT. I was using my BT headset in the car for 2 months before I got the MB BT puck with no issues.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Forgot to mention that i have had the MB BT for about a month and it works great. I have had a few instances where i used the i button to check traffic and it uses the built in phone to make the call. When the call ends the internal phone won't disconnect properly and so the MB BT won't turn on. The only solution i have found is to pull over and restart the car. I will update once I get the dealer to look at this, but my guess is they will not find anything...
Old 03-23-2006, 09:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
I just ordered the bluetooth adaptor today for the new E55 that will come in next week. It costs me $350 and I was told my Moto E815 is compatible. It looks like my bluetooth adaptor will arrive before my new car. www.wireless4mb.com is very pleasant to deal with. I will report back how things work once I have it working.

John
Old 03-24-2006, 04:14 AM

2005 SL55
It looks like I'll have everything installed (MHI and BT) by Monday afternoon. I'm going test it with a Samsung i730 (Pocket PC) and the Verizon RAZR (which is not on the list of compatible phones). I already have the puck in hand and am waiting until Monday to get the MHI kit installed. Since it seems that nobody has tried the RAZR on this board, I'll report back and let everybody know.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by xaveon
It looks like I'll have everything installed (MHI and BT) by Monday afternoon. I'm going test it with a Samsung i730 (Pocket PC) and the Verizon RAZR (which is not on the list of compatible phones). I already have the puck in hand and am waiting until Monday to get the MHI kit installed. Since it seems that nobody has tried the RAZR on this board, I'll report back and let everybody know.
Thanks, looking forward to your feedback!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:26 AM

2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
i thought MB is using OBEX to allow phone downloading, but i believe that to be not true anymore as some phones will have their phones downloaded and do not have the OBEX stack.