Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Autopc Joyride, Blitzsafe MB AUX D2b interface w203 hud nav plus help needed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autopc Joyride, Blitzsafe MB AUX D2b interface w203 hud nav plus help needed.

I just installed an autopc "joyride" into my 2001 c240. It was kind of hard since I had never worked on a mercedes before. I started out by trying to figure out how to remove the dash pieces necessary to get into the compartment where the factory radio resides. This process took me about 30 minutes to figure out the screws in the vents release the front panel. I searched on here for it and sure enough figured out how to do it.

Next, I installed the Blitzsafe Adapter to interface the Autopc's audio signals into the D2b optic loop. This was a wild puzzle, as I had to call blitzsafe's tech Ira about a thousand times. It turns out that the first unit they had sent me was faulty, so I had another one overnighted to replace it. I installed that unit the next morning and everything was fine. You have to run a remote wire from the Blitzsafe Audio Interface to the precise wire on the back of the unit, blue w/ black stripes. I had read up on a .pdf file that the signal actually drops rather than spikes like in american cars.

After wiring the electrical compenents, I needed to interface the fiber optics into the loop. Whatever you are installing into the loop must be after the Bose amplifier if your car came with one. You will need to order a "Fiber optic Coupler" along with your blitzsafe unit. I didn't know I needed one, so I had to
go through more shipping charges. I am now up to around $350 just for the auxillary interface.

The unit sounds great when it is working. I ran shielded cables from the "brain" of the autopc unit that fits nicely next to the front passengers kick panel (Behind the tire/engine bay area).

The autopc itself is quiet amazing, it has voice recognition with one of microsofts trusted affiliate recognition software. Navigation, Dvd movies/audio, CDR, Mp3, Compact Flash, USB, RGB/NTSC converter, USB hub. Everything fit nicely into where the factory cd changer is usuall located in the glove box. I wanted to put these here so I could lock up the vital parts of the radio to prevent theft (I live in the city). The audio quality is superb, as it almost seems as if the unit has fiber optics out. However, it does have dolby 5.1, DTS, along with seperate center channel and subwoofer audio outputs on the brain. I plan to install the clarion center channel speaker with 50 w built in amplifier into the triangular vent in the dash behind the grill. Along with that, I would like to put a screen that will be used for a heads up display of the map that results from the navigation portion of the cd player. Along with nav, you could have video's and the read out menus displayed via heads up display. If you look at your dash when the sun hits it, the triangular vent is displayed with minimal distortion from both driver and passenger positions.

I am currently stuck however, on wiring up the VSS sensor and the Reverse signal for the navigation. I owned the 310c version of the autopc with the nav unit, and these wires did not need to be hooked up for normal operation. I am not sure if its the USB output/input on the main head unit, or if its these wires. If someone knows, please post about this. Circuit city, and a local stereo shop had no clue where these wires exist. I told them the information found on the forums here, Plug or socket 24, pin 3. I explained to them where it was located, in the fuse box in the engine bay right in front of the steering wheel. The fuses inside need to be removed and the wire harness that is below that is what needs to be tapped, under socket 24 pin 3. They told me to get information for them along with the instructions for the deck, and bring it back on monday. So in other words, they had no clue and want me to do the research then pay them $150 dollars to run the wires, WTF?!?

I have two 7 inch headrest televisions comming in this week to be installed for my daughter to watch. The movies sound great with the 5.1 decoder.

Next I plan to buy some rims, probably 20 inches if they will fit. I talked to a local shop, and the recomended 20 inches on 30 series rubbers. Has anyone ever seen this on a w203 4dr? 20 inch dub floater 5 spoke rim is what I plan on purchasing with pirellie's. How will this affect the gas milage, lateral g tolerance, accelleration, etc?

I have noticed a qurk about the cars daily driving that worries me. When I first start it, it tends to stay in first gear really long, causing the car to slow down extremely fast when I let off the gas... Is this normal? I would guess that its the adaptive driver tranny system calibrating the driver, but who knows?

My hands hurt now, I think this is the longest thread I have ever written. I just wanted to explain the installation if anyone in the future plans on this aftermaket product! Thanks for reading.

Mike