Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Blackberry Phone book integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 05:58 PM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
Blackberry Phone book integration

Hola all,

I am in the process of looking at some upgrades for my 98 E 430. Specificly I am going to install

A NAV system
Ipod integrator
Sirius receiver.

I've considered going for the Command retrofit, but recently was turned onto the Poineer AVIC N2 which has good reviews here. I can easily pick up the full pioneer kit for Sat Radio and the Ipod but I'll be darned if I can find anything to ingtegrate my Blackberry 7290. Even if I went with the Command the Mikbox doesn't support Blackberrys.

I'd love to be able to show my contacts as POI on my satnav, access my phone book on the HU screen and dial from the HU screen. Whether it is hardwired from a cradle or a bluetooth solution I don't particularly care.

Just looking for any possibilities before I pull the trigger and get the project going.

Thnx
Old 12-18-2005, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500/W220/2000
There might be some help on this new Bluetooth forum: http://www.bluecarkit.com/forum/index.php
Old 12-19-2005, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 Sport 4Matic
I have a Blackberry too.....7105t...the bluetooth sucks. it only works for hands free sets, and not for data or sync purposes. So the bluetooth option is out. Not sure if you could somehow sync it by the cable. I have a program called PocketMac that lets me sync it with my Address Book on my computer, but I think thats all it does. Not sure what else you could integrate it with.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 AM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
Thanks, I looked at the Bluetooth options and the closest I could come was a Parrot that you could synch your Outlook to in the car, which would then be selctable and would dial your Blackberry via Bluetooth.

so the progression is

Blackberry-->Outlook on PC---->Parrot. I have a BT laptop and could literally sit in my Family room and do all of this provided my car ignition was on, but the Parrot is an external device and is not integrated into the HU display. Neat, but not the clean install I am looking for.

Thanks for the tips guys. Maybe blackberry users (I know there are thousands of us!!!!) should beat Mik endlessly to hook us up on the Mikbox