Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

06 E500 4matic - No Sirius Radio - Factory Upgrade Possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 E430 4matic / 06 E500 4matic
06 E500 4matic - No Sirius Radio - Factory Upgrade Possible?

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and a bit confused about the possibility of upgrading an 06' E Class to Sirius Sat/Radio.

I am being told by my dealer that very few 06' E class cars are being made with this option and there is no factory upgrade path. This makes no sense to me - Is this true? Are there any MB techs out there that know the real scoop? If so, I would be very greatful if you could please explain it to me.

Is there any known or planned, factory upgrade path from MBUSA?

Thanks for the help - Djack

Details of new car:
06' E500 4matic
Iridium Silver / Charcoal
w/ options
322 - Appearance Pkg
526 - Premium Pkg
Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool sirius upgrade

Dear Djack
i am not a tech but i have been after MB dealer to explain sirius retro fit as well... heres the scoop.2006 cars built after June 2005 were not pre-wired for Sirius as were most cars that came before them including all 2005 models. Those cars had a harness that was pre-wired and made the retro-fit pretty easy. Alot of people were not ordering Sirius so MB abandoned the pre-wire.
Now that Howard is onboard everyone including ME wants Sirius in there 2006 MB.
1- I was told by a couple of aftermarket guys, that i hear do great work and are mentioned alot on this site, that they can do it now.
2- I was told by the owner of my dealership that a new harness is coming in the next 1-3 months to allow the retro fit. I hope he is not BS ing me because i will wait and get a home unit for now until the retro is available.
Please press your dealer to call and find out if a new harness is coming
I would like to know what he tells you.
I must say my MB showroom is beautiful but I am not thrilled with the level of service or professionalism i expected when I bought the car.
Another words I don't know if I can believe what the dealer is telling me
Thanks bob
2006 Black E350
Premium Pack,4matic, no sirius yet

Last edited by vynell; 12-21-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:12 PM

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
2015 C63 AMG S Edition 1, 2015 GL63
I too am greatly disappointed that MB does not currently offer an upgrade for my 2006 C55. I was told by my dealer and the national MB electronics rep (don't recall his name) that none was in the works. I decided to have a Sirius S50 professionally installed as I had to have Howard in January. Now wouldn't you know it, I recieved a post card from MB two weeks ago stating that kits would be available soon for most 2006 and newer models but no specific models were mentioned. I have not spoken to the dealer about this yet but thought it was worth mentioning.

Kurt
Old 12-21-2005, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
retrofitting sirius on a 2006 is fairly easy. You will require a 4 pin plug out of which 3 pins will be used. Power, ground, and wakeup. Second, you will requore a short fiber piece from the telematics plastic box to the right side of the trunk where the receiver is mounted. Third, you will require the complete install kit which has the tuner, bracket and antenna.