Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Question for Navagation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 GMC Sierra
Question for Navagation

I have a 2001 CL600 and am a little confused about the Nav discs. I called the MB dealer (parts pusher) and they will sell me a single disk for $500.00 they say it will work for the entire country. I thought there were several discs for regions of the coutry. So the question, is there a disk I can purchase for California and/or AZ ? I plan to only drive the car in these areas. Or do I need to fork over the 500 clams?

Regards,
Ed

Last edited by sped; 12-22-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by sped
I have a 2001 CL600 and am a little confused about the Nav discs. I called the MB dealer (parts pusher) and they will sell me a single disk for $500.00 they say it will work for the entire country. I thought there were several discs for regions of the coutry. So the question, is there a disk I can purchase for California and/or AZ ? I plan to only drive the car in these areas. Or do I need to fork over the 500 clams?

Regards,
Ed
You are correct. Since you have a 2001, the navigation system utilizes CDs and not DVDs. A single DVD can cover the entire country but it won't work in your vehicle.

I think California is CD#1. Go on eBay and look for CD#1 and make sure it's the 01/2005 revision. I just picked one up from an eBayer ALOT cheaper than what they go for retail. Also, I don't believe a dealer would allow you to purchase a single CD for your area; you'd have to buy the nationwide CD library which consists of 10 discs.

Here's the CD list:
Disc 1: California & Nevada USA
Disc 2: Northwest/Southwest USA
Disc 3: North Central USA
Disc 4: South Central USA
Disc 5: MIdwest USA
Disc 6: Ohio Valley USA
Disc 7: New England USA
Disc 8: Mid Atlantic USA
Disc 9: South East USA
Disc 10: Hawaii (Oahu) USA

Good luck!