Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

ipod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BENZO
ipod

i ust plugged my ipod into the aux port in the glovebox. is it really worth to pay for the install at MB beside the control? I figure I can also hook a portable satellitte radio to it as well. That is sweet!

Also my passenger read door is missing a tweter from th factory....HK stereo i can see and hear the loss. anyone ever seen this beofre??
Old 01-08-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by Pacific NW Guy
i ust plugged my ipod into the aux port in the glovebox. is it really worth to pay for the install at MB beside the control?
wait, so you already hooked it up? why would u need MB to install it for you?
Old 01-08-2006, 12:48 PM

BENZO
my question exactly

they offer an install and a kit but i think the only difference would be the steering wheel controls. Sounds quality wise an ipod is going to be inferior no matter what so if you turn the bass up a bit i see no difference.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:19 PM

2004 E55
PNW Guy - I am suprised to hear about the missing speaker. Have you spoken with the dealer who sold you the car about it. That is FOUL!
Old 01-08-2006, 05:05 PM

BENZO
no doubt

Originally Posted by CJ_E350
PNW Guy - I am suprised to hear about the missing speaker. Have you spoken with the dealer who sold you the car about it. That is FOUL!
I am gonna go in when I get a chance. Maybe arond 1-2k for the service and do it then.....that would represent very weak quality control.

my steering wheel is also not aligned correctly.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Almost a Member!

'05 C55 AMG, '05 Toyota Sequoia
Originally Posted by Pacific NW Guy
i ust plugged my ipod into the aux port in the glovebox. is it really worth to pay for the install at MB beside the control? I figure I can also hook a portable satellitte radio to it as well. That is sweet!

Also my passenger read door is missing a tweter from th factory....HK stereo i can see and hear the loss. anyone ever seen this beofre??
what cable did you use to plug iPod in? how is the sound and how do you controll it?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
The sound from the Ipod connects to the audio system in the same manner with either the 299. Ipod kit plus about 200. to install, or the 30. Aux in cable. The cable only takes 20 mins to install, the Ipod kit about an hour.

The kit allows you to use sterring wheel controls, supplies power to the Ipod, and displays the song in the MFD. With the Aux IN cable, you control the Ipod, sat, laptop, ect from the device. The volume is controlled by the audio head unit. The kit has an Ipod specific cable, while the Aux In cable uses a standard 1/8 inch stereo cable, so any portable audio device can be sent to the car speakers. If you have a CDC button on your radio, push and hold it for a second, the display will show Aux In Active, if you have that feature.

Sorry to hear (pun intended) about your missing speaker. I doubt it left the factory that way, because the assembly line computer test would have snitched on the incomplete audio system.

It probably was "liberated" on a test drive, or a tech needed one for another car, and yours was the nearest source of supply. In any event the dealer should replace it.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
Before I got the Mercedes iPod kit, I was using this:

It plugs into your iPod.

You then connect an audio cable to the Remoteremote which you then plug into the AUX jack.

You can control the iPod via the included small remote.

Here's their website:

http://www.engineeredaudio.com/products/remote2.html

I'll sell you mine for $30 plus whatever shipping method you want to pay. I'll include the audio cable too to plug into the AUX jack.

Just PM me
Old 01-11-2006, 10:10 PM

BENZO
speaker not likely

Originally Posted by Moviela
The sound from the Ipod connects to the audio system in the same manner with either the 299. Ipod kit plus about 200. to install, or the 30. Aux in cable. The cable only takes 20 mins to install, the Ipod kit about an hour.

The kit allows you to use sterring wheel controls, supplies power to the Ipod, and displays the song in the MFD. With the Aux IN cable, you control the Ipod, sat, laptop, ect from the device. The volume is controlled by the audio head unit. The kit has an Ipod specific cable, while the Aux In cable uses a standard 1/8 inch stereo cable, so any portable audio device can be sent to the car speakers. If you have a CDC button on your radio, push and hold it for a second, the display will show Aux In Active, if you have that feature.

Sorry to hear (pun intended) about your missing speaker. I doubt it left the factory that way, because the assembly line computer test would have snitched on the incomplete audio system.

It probably was "liberated" on a test drive, or a tech needed one for another car, and yours was the nearest source of supply. In any event the dealer should replace it.

maybe but i doubt it we got our car right off the truck as my family member works for mb, no test drives taken either.

anyhow unless i am nuts i see no speaker and defintely do not hear it.