Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Optical Connections on 2006 CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optical Connections on 2006 CLK

I've got the following optical fibre connections and I'd like to know what they're used for, if anyone knows. They're labled as follows: SDS IN; SDS OUT; TEL In; SOUND/Out. I"ve been trying to activate a VCM module, and don't know what the wiring of the cables should be. Does anyone have a listing of each of the cables in this model that shows what they're for and how they should connect in the MOST ring? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
What leads you to think that a voice module is compatible with the '06 CLK?

With the MOST data interface, each device has an input and an output. The devices are connected in an unbroken loop.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the trunk area where the Teleaid is along with these connections, there is the main power/wiring harness that connects to the VRM which is pre-wired for this vehicle. These SDS IN/OUT connectors also connect to the VRM. But the way the SDS cables come pre-wired they are connected together so it is jus a loop going nowhere. I assume that each of these fibre optics needs to get into the MOST ring somehow, but I don't know where they would connect unless its with the TEL IN and the SOUND/OUT cables which also come pre-wired and are connected together. Since I don't have a COMAND headunit, I'm only interested it the VCM working with my UHI phone interface.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by wsscott
But the way the SDS cables come pre-wired they are connected together so it is jus a loop going nowhere. I assume that each of these fibre optics needs to get into the MOST ring somehow
The connectors that are in-use are disassembled to change the loop to include the new device.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:17 PM

The MOST connector has two-stages of retention, to hold the F.O. cable into the connector. The secondary retention is a lock block. It is pressed, almost flush, with the connector body. It must be pried up from the body. It does not need to be removed. The primary retention is a tang on the molded cable end. It is released with a tool into a hole, after the secondary retention is released.