Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Nav/DVD Conversion Now Possible on ALL MB Comand units

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Nav/DVD Conversion Now Possible on ALL MB Comand units

Deleted By Amdeutsch for non-sponsor advertising.

Last edited by tvandnav2go; 02-03-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by tvandnav2go
We can now convert ANY MB Nav screen to a TV/DVD/PS2/Backup camera.
...so can we...but if your solution looks anything like the one on this picture...

greetingz,
Attached Thumbnails Nav/DVD Conversion Now Possible on ALL MB Comand units-videoadapter1.jpg  
Old 02-04-2006, 10:07 AM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Deleted By Amdeutsch for non-sponsor advertising.
did you give the guy a chance to become an advertiser before you banned him?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Cool Nav/DVD Conversion Now Possible on ALL MB Comand units

Hi Steve
Hope all is well. No it does NOT look like the above mod we make our own units. It is now possible to convert ALL MB comand units to a DVD/TV screen. This mod will give you 2 video inputs 1 for dvd and 1 for backup camera. The unit will auto switch to backup camera when you put the car in reverse. Yes you will have video in motion. If you have an aux adapter your audio will be via aux, if not we make an excellent FM mod which has excellent sound. If you have a Euro comand we can also release all the video blocks for you. Feel free to call us at 718-763-7367 or email us at sales@tvandNav2Go.com or visit us at www.TVandNav2Go.com
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandNav2Go.com
Old 02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Not all units! I dont see anything for the 2005+ C/CLK Comand units.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Cool

Hi Capt Nemo o2

Yes ALL units even the 2005+ C/CLK Comand units. We even have a mod for the NEW W221. The webpage just hasn't been unpdated yet.

Originally Posted by Capt Nemo o2
Not all units! I dont see anything for the 2005+ C/CLK Comand units.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi Capt Nemo o2

Yes ALL units even the 2005+ C/CLK Comand units. We even have a mod for the NEW W221. The webpage just hasn't been unpdated yet.
Hmm... Interesting <scratches beard>...
Old 02-07-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm... Interesting <scratches beard>...
what is the price for the device?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:41 PM

2013 C300 Sport 4Matic
I was quoted $399 by him for my 02 c230, but he said I'd have to mail out my COMAND to have everything installed correctly.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmm, not too bad... So I can get Comand w/ video for my 2005 W203 all for about $1800.

How does this work with the iPod? I guess I would have to use the FM modulator?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:43 PM

2005 C240 4Matic
Hmm, not too bad... So I can get Comand w/ video for my 2005 W203 all for about $1800.

How does this work with the iPod? I guess I would have to use the FM modulator?
How do you figure $1800 for everything Capt?
Old 02-09-2006, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TwofourT
How do you figure $1800 for everything Capt?
The Parts Dept. at my dealership quoted me at $1500 for the head unit (US Stock HU). I have a friend who has a shop account with MB and can get it at a discount and also no sales tax (8.5% tax). So figure I can get the HU at $1200-1300. Add the $400 for the TV thing plus whatever miscillaneous parts
Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 PM

2005 C240 4Matic
The Parts Dept. at my dealership quoted me at $1500 for the head unit (US Stock HU). I have a friend who has a shop account with MB and can get it at a discount and also no sales tax (8.5% tax). So figure I can get the HU at $1200-1300. Add the $400 for the TV thing plus whatever miscillaneous parts
Writing Pm over your way now
Old 02-20-2006, 10:34 AM

ML63 CL65 H2 H1
Video for ML 55amg

Considering what happened to us recently I doubt I would send out another head unit for a video install. A certain company I shall NOT name here scratched up the unit badly and then DENIED that it left like that. I am an electronics engineer as well and was wondering if this kit can be purchased by itself with no install. If so how much?

Jay
Old 02-20-2006, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Hi Capt Nemo o2

Now let me get this right. You have a DVD mod for the 221 which comes with a DVD-stacker in the head unit. Am i missing something here ?

The TV package from Mercedes works from the steering wheel and is available from MBENZNL.

So what exactly do you have for the 221 that the 221 doesnt already have.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Hi Benzmodz
The USA version of the W221 will NOT let you view a DVD while in motion. This can only be done on the EURO version. We can convert the USA Nav display so you can view DVD's,backup camera, PS2, etc on your Nav screen while in motion, but you need a separate video source. Feel free to call me at 718-763-7367.
Thanks Dominic

Originally Posted by benzmodz
Now let me get this right. You have a DVD mod for the 221 which comes with a DVD-stacker in the head unit. Am i missing something here ?

The TV package from Mercedes works from the steering wheel and is available from MBENZNL.

So what exactly do you have for the 221 that the 221 doesnt already have.

Last edited by tvandnav2go; 02-27-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
...........the advantage of this obviously is that one does not have the extra expense of purchasing a Euo Comand in order to have video in motion. I have been talking about this for while to correct the popular missinformation that a Euro comand is required. Here is quote from another thread stating that EURO comand is required.

By Bigsis:
If you want to have DVD playback in your 2005 E-class, you have to swap your current US spec comand for a Euro spec comand. That's the only way...
LINK TO THE QUOTE

.........anyway, NAV-TV.com has been activatin American comands for video in motion for many years now, and apparently so can tvandnav2go.

Ted
Old 02-28-2006, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Ted,

You are correct but you will have a built in "IN DASH" dvd player on the 211 with a Euro comand.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by sunman
Ted,

You are correct but you will have a built in "IN DASH" dvd player on the 211 with a Euro comand.

..........aware of this and understood. While the Euro comand option effectively creates an "in dash" DVD player, this desirable option might not justify the cost for some and is irrelevant as far as video in motion capability is concerned.

Ted
Old 02-28-2006, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..........aware of this and understood. While the Euro comand option effectively creates an "in dash" DVD player, this desirable option might not justify the cost for some and is irrelevant as far as video in motion capability is concerned.

Ted
When you buy a Euro COMAND from Steve you can also ask him if he will trade your old USA unit back as part payment.

Once you open the unit for modification, you have no head unit warranty and then in the end you may still have to pay for a replacement unit because they can die naturally from a normal faults. So what happens then ?

Someone like Steve can do software activation of video in motion.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
When you buy a Euro COMAND from Steve you can also ask him if he will trade your old USA unit back as part payment.

Once you open the unit for modification, you have no head unit warranty and then in the end you may still have to pay for a replacement unit because they can die naturally from a normal faults. So what happens then ?

Someone like Steve can do software activation of video in motion.
..........not sure what this has to do with the original question. The question was if all MB comands can be activated to show video in motion. Contrary to your opinion, the correct answer is apparently, yes.

...........various vendors can do this and steve is onne such vendor and apperently, he does a very good job. There are advantages and disadvantages to each vendor or method and you have accurately stated Steve's advantages.

...........some the disadvantages of going with Steve is the relatively long time it takes to actually get what one needs, the inability to do on-line ordering and the lack of a central phone number for customers to call. Also Steve is not based in the US and for US customers this limits their legal recourse in the event of a dispute, and yes disputes can arise even when both parties mean well. Also Steve's expertise is pretty much not available to Us customers who do not live in the west coast. For instance, if a customer in North Carolina wants video in motion next week, Steve is pretty much not an option. It will take that long just for Steve to be able to return the e-mail message. Not his fault, since he gets a lot of e-mails. However, other companies can provide this service and some companies even have a 24hr turn around time. These other vendors themselves have their own advantages and disadvantages. This what competition is made of and it makes everyone, including vendor and customer better.

Ted
Old 02-28-2006, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
..........not sure what this has to do with the original question. The question was if all MB comands can be activated to show video in motion. Contrary to your opinion, the correct answer is apparently, yes.

...........various vendors can do this and steve is onne such vendor and apperently, he does a very good job. There are advantages and disadvantages to each vendor or method and you have accurately stated Steve's advantages.

...........some the disadvantages of going with Steve is the relatively long time it takes to actually get what one needs, the inability to do on-line ordering and the lack of a central phone number for customers to call. Also Steve is not based in the US and for US customers this limits their legal recourse in the event of a dispute, and yes disputes can arise even when both parties mean well. Also Steve's expertise is pretty much not available to Us customers who do not live in the west coast. For instance, if a customer in North Carolina wants video in motion next week, Steve is pretty much not an option. It will take that long just for Steve to be able to return the e-mail message. Not his fault, since he gets a lot of e-mails. However, other companies can provide this service and some companies even have a 24hr turn around time. These other vendors themselves have their own advantages and disadvantages. This what competition is made of and it makes everyone, including vendor and customer better.

Ted
First comes warranty. Second comes alteration to factory standards. Third comes this hacking method. Steve is not one person, he is represented by his whole family in customer management and also has a few important and close friends in CA. There is also Sunman a close friend who offers the same service and he is based in Texas.

Your examples are incidental. This method does not safeguard the customer in any way unless you offer free head unit replacement in the life of the car.

Do you ?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
First comes warranty. Second comes alteration to factory standards. Third comes this hacking method. Steve is not one person, he is represented by his whole family in customer management and also has a few important and close friends in CA. There is also Sunman a close friend who offers the same service and he is based in Texas.

Your examples are incidental. This method does not safeguard the customer in any way unless you offer free head unit replacement in the life of the car.

Do you ?
.............Last time I checked, Texas is not on the east coast of USA. Listen, it is obvious that multiple vendors provide this service other than the MBnznl group. I have video in motion in 3 Mb vehicles, none of them by MBNznl group. This is not an argument about whether or not the MBnznl group provide good service. Apperently they do. If you wish to continue to confuse the issue by stating that no other vendors can provide video in motion, then enjoy yourself. I am done.

Ted
Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 AM

2016 E63s AMG
.............Last time I checked, Texas is not on the east coast of USA. Listen, it is obvious that multiple vendors provide this service other than the MBnznl group. I have video in motion in 3 Mb vehicles, none of them by MBNznl group. This is not an argument about whether or not the MBnznl group provide good service. Apperently they do. If you wish to continue to confuse the issue by stating that no other vendors can provide video in motion, then enjoy yourself. I am done.

Ted
I just talked to the guy and he said that for a 2005 c 320 ss it would cost 1200.00 for this and it would be warrenty for 1 year. I would like to know a couple of more things. As I drive and this dvd is playing will my nav also work? Can he hook it up through my surround sound HK? will it effect my nav at all?

I think they are all good questions
Old 03-01-2006, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by ernster
I just talked to the guy and he said that for a 2005 c 320 ss it would cost 1200.00 for this and it would be warrenty for 1 year. I would like to know a couple of more things. As I drive and this dvd is playing will my nav also work? Can he hook it up through my surround sound HK? will it effect my nav at all?

I think they are all good questions
.............I use Nav-tv.com. With Nav-Tv.com, yes your nav will work completely independent of the TV. Yes, with an MB TV tuner or A/V adapter, the sound will come through your car's stereo system just like your CD changer. There is no fm modulation. You have steering wheel control of the TV. Your separate DVd player will be controlled with the infra red remote control that comes with the unit. If you choose to add PS2, Ipod etc, you can use a universal learning remote control to control everything including the comand. Very elegant.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 03-01-2006 at 02:27 PM.