Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Ipod on W126

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod on W126

Hi, this is my first post after just after aquiring a new (to me) 1991 560SEL. A little history on the car first is probably in order. I decided a month or so ago to find a mid 80's to early 90's MBZ for my driver. I always appreciated the lines of these cars, although I never had a reason to buy one myself. Well, fast forward to now and I finally had the reason. Well, back on point, I sent feelers out to friends and others who are intrenched in the Mercedes car world giving them my requirements. What I found is quite a nice car. The original owner passed away two months ago and his children were selling it off for the estate. Car was bought and serviced at the same dealership in NC for all services (including one new set of tires). Color is dark blue (not sure what the mbz code is) and the tan interior. Full leather, LSD, ASD, dual horns and a rear curtain. She has mildly low mileage at 46K and after a full check out at my local MBZ ind shop is in perfect health...he had not seen one that clean for a long time...since they were new. I just had it on my lift and the underside is as clean as the top. Just the way I like it. Not a drip. seep or grease cake anywhere.

Well, now the question. Everything on the car works as it should and I hate to change originality. I like the sound of the Audio Becker unit as well as the odd funtionality it shows. My question is: Are there RCA type or other inputs on the rear of the deck to hook my Ipod up for a broader music source? I have the CD changer (10 disk) installed, alhthough I have hopes that I can use that sourced input for the ipod and discon the CD unit. I am not a real fan of trunk mounted CD units anyway as one rarely changes them and they take up space...

So, what can I do? The backup is an FM transpoder like I tunes, but that is not my idea of a clean install...hopefully someone could be of help. I notice most of the posts here are for the newer bodied cars...???
Old 02-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
i say just go with the FM transpoder....you keep the car clean and mint/orginal...why mess with the stereo or anything else when it working perfect.