Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

v.60 Phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 BMW 750 Individual, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition
Great Idea!

FC,

I use an IPAQ, it's my life. I was so tired of always having to input numbers in my cell phones, I went w/ the V.70 with a SIM card.

I don't think the V.60 has a SIM card, so this will work.

Thanks again!
Old 06-01-2003, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Okay, I have read enough, my question would be if it is possible to upgrade my MB analog phone to the V.60 digital in my 95 S500 coupe?

Not that I am not happy with the phone now. Just cost too much when I made calls or someone called me when I am out of my service areas. The roaming charges are outrageous high! So, even if it cost me a couple thousands, I would still be happy with it. I like the look of the W140 coupe more than the current one.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:17 PM

Yes, but it will cost big $$$$$.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know. Since I plan to keep the car for my 'grandchildren', LOL. I think it worths it.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:17 PM

I just got my car, and the phone is AWESOME.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know. When I picked up my coupe in 1995, I found the phone feature iwas a great one. Voice command and auto answer and hang up...etc. Unfortunately, back then technology was still a bit behind and it's an anolog one so I cannot take advantage of the national plan with no roaming and no long distance. One time when I was on a trip to Chicago, my wife called a few times and we talked abit, the bill ended up in nearly 100 bucks just for the roaming charges. Ouch!
Old 06-15-2003, 11:47 AM

E500 Sport
Question Help on Owning 2 v60's

Can one buy TWO v60 phones from MB and both work in the car?

I want one and one for my wife, both phones with separate phone numbers and either of them work in the car depending who's drivng it and which phone is installed?

I assume the phone's memory (e.g., programed name/phone numbers, last # called, missed calls, etc.) drives the cars displays and therefore, that's what you'll see when either v60 phone in installed?

Thanks Mark
Old 06-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Yes, as long as they are MB Branded you can use as many as you want.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:36 PM

E500 Sport
Voice Control System Now Avail for "E"

I had my E500 in today for the V60 phone installation. I originally wanted the phone system with the Voice Control System, but was told it's not avail when I order it last week... Well, an hour after the car was there, I got a call from the Service Dept telling me they just got the Voice Control System in and wanted to know if I also wanted it installed?? You bet I do. I'll let you know how it all works.

Bottom line is for all those waiting for Voice Control for the "E's" the wait is over!

Mark
Old 07-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 CL55
Is there an extra antennae in the care when the phone is plugged in and you are using hands free? I have noticed that the signal strength is lower when the phone is plugged into the car as opposed to when I am just holding it in my hand and using it.

Maybe something wrong with the electronics?
Old 07-02-2003, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't know about your 03 CL, but in my 95 S500 coupe, the big antenna that looks like a radio one is actually for the phone. If I turned off the phone, the antenna would come back down but the radio still works fine.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CL55
The phone absolutely SUCKS with my car. For some reason, I get LESS boost and reception when its plugged into the car than when I hold it in my hand.

No idea why considering I thought I would get an extra boost out of it in the car.

Piece of JUNK
Old 07-21-2003, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Lightbulb Check if V60 is properly plugged in

On certain occasions I didn't plug in the V60 securely to the cradle and the signal strength weakens as the internal antenna of the car does not hook up with the phone and the phone is concealed under the centre armrest.

Another possibility, your dealer didn't hook up the car antenna?

With the proper setup, the reception is pretty amazing from my experience.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:05 AM

E500 Sport
Re: Check if V60 is properly plugged in

Originally posted by W210
On certain occasions I didn't plug in the V60 securely to the cradle and the signal strength weakens as the internal antenna of the car does not hook up with the phone and the phone is concealed under the centre armrest.

Another possibility, your dealer didn't hook up the car antenna?

With the proper setup, the reception is pretty amazing from my experience.
W210....

You are right on.... my phone works great in the car.

Mark
Old 08-12-2003, 01:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Which phone is needed

Hey, new to the forum but not to benz. Just purchase a 2001 c320 for my GF, and the car had the voice control and phone system installed, but no phone. I couldn't really complain, got a very good deal. Anyway, does anyone know what I can activate, and do I actually need the handset unit? What are the options for adding a phone to the system. It looks like, and coreect me if wrong ,but only motorola handsets will work?
Does anyone know what needs to be added to get it to work? Will the voice control system work WITHOUT the phone? Radio, other things?
Where is the best place to get a phone that would work with it? A quick call to local dealer said "500$" for a unit, and maybe more. I was going to call mbusa and ask what the deal was.
thanks for the tips, and direct
STRNCM

benzgirl. where are you at corporate? I worked at MBNA once.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:21 PM

RECEPTION PROBLEM???

Be sure to remove the rubber plug on the back of the phone, beneath the antenna.

This is how the phone connects to the cradle for reception.

Sounds dumb, but my salesman didn't tell me this.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:16 PM

2003 ml350
Options to V60

I was at a dealer's parts dept asking about the v60 phone. They suggested I wait a few months because some new options may be coming out which are less costly and superior to the current set up. I did some searching and found this on a motorala web-site.
Based on the info below and the ability to keep existing cell numbers when changing service providers starting in late November or early December 03 it seems logical to wait to see what is on the horizon.

Mobile Phone Facility with Motorola Universal Interface Now Available in Various Mercedes-Benz Automobile Series

Hannover, Germany, CeBIT – 14 March 2003 -- With the introduction of a new product that will be available in Mercedes-Benz vehicles in the CLK, SL, C and M series from June 2003, the automotive division of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has once again proven its competence in the development and supply of high-quality automobile electronics.

For the first time, Mercedes will be providing a Universal Handy Interface (in brief: UHI) developed by Motorola. This will make it possible to use mobile telephones from various leading manufacturers in one vehicle. The mobile is placed in a special cradle which is connected with the telephone control unit. When purchasing a new mobile phone, customers can obtain the appropriate cradle from Mercedes-Benz Accessories and exchange it easily themselves.

This means that the mobile phone is linked with the on-board network and can be operated using the multi-functional steering wheel, hands-free system and COMAND. An additional display system (combi-display) on the dashboard ensures optimum operating comfort. Reading and editing SMS messages is problem-free using the COMAND operating and display system. The hands-free system operates using the vehicle's on-board audio system which provides improved speech quality thanks to the integrated microphone underneath the interior roof light.

Installation of the Universal Handy Interface into other Mercedes-Benz automobile series is planned for 2004.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Thanks for such a good and encouraging comment kbjm1955

BTW, Welcome to mbworld
Old 08-28-2003, 10:37 AM

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts
Re: Options to V60

Originally posted by kbjm1955
I was at a dealer's parts dept asking about the v60 phone. They suggested I wait a few months because some new options may be coming out which are less costly and superior to the current set up. I did some searching and found this on a motorala web-site.
Based on the info below and the ability to keep existing cell numbers when changing service providers starting in late November or early December 03 it seems logical to wait to see what is on the horizon.

Mobile Phone Facility with Motorola Universal Interface Now Available in Various Mercedes-Benz Automobile Series

Hannover, Germany, CeBIT – 14 March 2003 -- With the introduction of a new product that will be available in Mercedes-Benz vehicles in the CLK, SL, C and M series from June 2003, the automotive division of Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has once again proven its competence in the development and supply of high-quality automobile electronics.

For the first time, Mercedes will be providing a Universal Handy Interface (in brief: UHI) developed by Motorola. This will make it possible to use mobile telephones from various leading manufacturers in one vehicle. The mobile is placed in a special cradle which is connected with the telephone control unit. When purchasing a new mobile phone, customers can obtain the appropriate cradle from Mercedes-Benz Accessories and exchange it easily themselves.

This means that the mobile phone is linked with the on-board network and can be operated using the multi-functional steering wheel, hands-free system and COMAND. An additional display system (combi-display) on the dashboard ensures optimum operating comfort. Reading and editing SMS messages is problem-free using the COMAND operating and display system. The hands-free system operates using the vehicle's on-board audio system which provides improved speech quality thanks to the integrated microphone underneath the interior roof light.

Installation of the Universal Handy Interface into other Mercedes-Benz automobile series is planned for 2004.
This has been talked about a lot on the W211 section of the forum. But did he give any indication as to when it will come out? My '04 W211 is about to go into production, and I was not sure whether I want to pull the phone option or not because of this UHI. A lot of talk about it, but no idea when it would actually happen...
Old 02-26-2004, 03:42 PM

Unhappy 1998 Mercedes Analog

I was hoping someone could help me out here. First off I do not own a Mercedes nor do I know anything about them. My client owns a 1998 and still has the analog hand held phone in her car.

I cannot seem to find a service provider for the analog telephone. We use to have AT&T Wireless but they somehow snuck in and shut her down without any notification. When I contacted them they told me the account had been terminated but played dumb when I asked them who terminated the service. Imagine that.

Anyway, please help me figure this one out! Service most likely will be in the Florida area. Again any information is appreciated!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:17 PM

SLK230
Re: V60 phone

Originally posted by benzgirl79
hey, i work for corporate i get this question all day long. if you want the telephone to integrate into your cd, comand, etc. you NEED the MERCEDES-BENZ telephone only purchased through your dealer. Yes, the phone looks the same but the inside circuitry is completely different. Yes, it's pricey but if you are a gadget nut and want to dial hands free, then its worth it.

Hope tihs helped,
Cheryl

Hi Benzgirl79:

Seems that you are located @ Montvale. Is there any chance to keep the in dash controller and install a handsfee product of another phone manufacturer?

PJ (used to be across the street)
Old 03-26-2004, 02:03 AM
Mik

That is not true. The circuitry IS the same, and the firmware is almost identical to normal V60 phones. The only major difference is the price.
Check this out: www.mikbox.com

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by benzgirl79
hey, i work for corporate i get this question all day long. if you want the telephone to integrate into your cd, comand, etc. you NEED the MERCEDES-BENZ telephone only purchased through your dealer. Yes, the phone looks the same but the inside circuitry is completely different. Yes, it's pricey but if you are a gadget nut and want to dial hands free, then its worth it.

Hope tihs helped,
Cheryl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-09-2004, 12:26 AM

2004 E500
Has anyone tried Intellisync software to sync with V60 with Outlook?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:28 PM

ml 55
V60 help?

Originally Posted by ron nuckles
i bought a V60 last April from my local MB dealer and liked the phone. i dropped this phone and it fell into a gutter and was not retrievable and i'm suire ruined from both the fall and what it landed in. i have since called the dealer to inquire as to a replacement. The dealer said it would be around $700.00. I explained the above to him and told him i had already paid this firmware/software licemsing fee and just wanted to replave my ph. He said he cud not help and that MB had no such program for lost or damaged phones and that i would again have to pay full price. i dont think thisd is fair since i've already paid full price and Verizon sells these V60 phones for anywghere from $80 to $250 each and i have several for my employees.

My ? is; is there a way MB would work something out since i've already paid this firmware/software fee when i orig purchased my ph?

plz do what u can.

Thnx,

Ron

its been 4 years and still no help from the dealer. i did acquire a MB V60 phone but for some reason it wont connect with the system and the dealer doesnt really gove a care. i guess after the warrenty expired your value as a customer really diminishes. What can i do to get my $3k phone sys to work?

When will MB come out with a Bluetooth enabled phone system?

Ron
Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 AMG EQE 53 4MATIC+, Tesla Model Y
Originally Posted by ron nuckles
its been 4 years and still no help from the dealer. i did acquire a MB V60 phone but for some reason it wont connect with the system and the dealer doesnt really gove a care. i guess after the warrenty expired your value as a customer really diminishes. What can i do to get my $3k phone sys to work?

When will MB come out with a Bluetooth enabled phone system?

Ron
They have and it will retrofit to the V60 system. See: www.wireless4mb.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: v.60 Phone