Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

miniDVR surveillance system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 c240 wagon
miniDVR surveillance system

I'm very interested in installing a miniDVR into my c-class wagon and recording each day's activities so that if anything happens to my car, I've got the picts to analyze.

Right now, I'm looking at some pretty plain jane equipment, but if any of you have ideas about some fancier equipment, please let me know.

I'd really like to mount 4 cameras in the car, one under the mirror, one on each B-pillar and another from the rear tailgate up high. If I could tie them in where each camera shows on the screen in a two by two matrix, I'd be very pleased.

Any ideas on how to meet the power requirements for the video gear? I'm thinking of a rechargable battery system that the car could recharge when it is on. I realize that I'm strategizing theory here and that making this a reality would be many more challenges, but if anyone has some feedback or constructive criticism, please feel free to let me know.
Attached Thumbnails miniDVR surveillance system-minidvr.jpg   miniDVR surveillance system-color.cam.jpg  
Old 03-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 726 Likes on 707 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
this is what my company carries.
4ch DVR box, anti-vibration case and/or 2.5" LCD for viewing.
Attached Thumbnails miniDVR surveillance system-mobile.dvr-1.gif   miniDVR surveillance system-mobile.dvr-2.gif   miniDVR surveillance system-mobile.dvr-3.gif   miniDVR surveillance system-mobile.dvr-5.gif  
Old 03-06-2006, 07:31 PM
ON PROBATION

Hidden surveillance systems already exist for both the interior and the exterior of the car -- I suggest you survey what is out there prior to designing your own....
Old 03-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 c240 wagon
Hi ClayJ; Hi MJ50;

Thanks for the responses.

I haven't seen any kits that have the DVR function. And none they market that they are for integrating into cars. If you know of any, can you provide a web address?

It seems that MB doesn't have enough partners who design these types of kits to work in their cars.