Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Navigation System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation System

I know this topic had been discussed over and over again..but i just some final information.....

What is a good aftermarket navigation system for the coupe? I saw a Compaq PDA with a navigation system add-on...

Any recommandation?
Old 08-07-2002, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Prolly the simplest would be a garmin unit that has maps onboard - they have many to choose from.

Look on ebay for garmin GPS. If you want indash, look for a DVD based system versus CD - one map for whole country.

P
Old 08-07-2002, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i don't want a whole new system (like pioneer) which will mess up my steering controls and audio system....i saw another M_____ brand used in Hertz rental cars...which one is better...this one or the garmin ?
Old 08-08-2002, 11:39 AM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
The Magellan system is much more expensive and less portable than the Garmin systems. I cannot speak about whether they are better but they approach the price of the COMAND! The two relevant Garmin's are the GPS V and the StreetPilot III. The former is smaller, B&W display and beeps to prompt you at turns/changes. The latter is a bit larger (still smaller than COMAND), color and has voice prompts.

You can investigate the Magellan and Garmin options at their websites. You can also find lots of info at: http://joe.mehaffey.com

Kal